• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD announces Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB and RX 7700 XT 12GB graphics cards

Bernoulli

M2 slut
the price will make or break these cards, the 7700 better be under 350 or it's DOA

uxoD6lF.jpg

soFQV9r.jpg

iIkF1u3.jpg

Last edited:

Skifi28

The power consumption for the 7800 seems crazy considering it's going up against the 4070 with less than 200w. Other than that, I'd like to see the prices and real benchmarks before having an opinion.

winjer

Gold Member
I guess,but the RX 6800XT has 20% more CUs, I'm assuming the biggest boost is coming from the faster memory.

The 7800Xt has higher clocks, bigger L2 caches and registers that help a bit with IPC.
So in the end, they will probably end up very close.

The 7800XT also has the dual issue units, but since game compilers make no use of these, they are completely useless in PC games.
RDNA3 on a console like the PS5, could be a whole different matter, as Sony could have it's compiler take advantage of the dual issue units and nearly doubling performance.

RDNA3 on a console like the PS5, could be a whole different matter, as Sony could have it's compiler take advantage of the dual issue units and nearly doubling performance.

Would this give RDNA 3 cards an advantage with future Playstation ports?

b0uncyfr0

Very big Meh - if the 7800xt isnt at least 15% faster than the 6800xt, im grabbing a used 6800xt for 300 ish and calling it a day. Hell, maybe even a used PS5 for 400.

Rickyiez

I hope at this point people realized that RDNA4 is the biggest pile of shit with insane power consumption.

I would really like AMD to offer some competition don't get me wrong, but for 7900xtx to consume almost twice the power of 4080 for similar FPS is absurd. It will be the same for 7800xt vs 4070

Zathalus

AMD is actively trying to be bad, so the 7700XT is likely going to be $450 with the 7800XT being $550. Considering they will perform roughly the same as the 6800 and 6800 XT and those cards can be gotten for even less money makes them utterly pointless.

Last edited:

Xyphie

I think $499 for the 7800XT was the best that could be expected so it's nice that it came in there. If it was $549 or more why would you buy it over a RTX 4070 (which will kinda be the case in Europe at 549€)? 7700XT is pretty bad at just $50 less though and really only serves as an upsell.

I think $499 for the 7800XT was the best that could be expected so it's nice that it came in there. If it was $549 or more why would you buy it over a RTX 4070 (which will kinda be the case in Europe at 549€)? 7700XT is pretty bad at just $50 less though and really only serves as an upsell.

7700 XT is gonna drop in price faster....

But for 1440p gaming is plenty enough and is not actually 1 tier lower than the other one... But like half...

They could have called it vanilla 7800

Xyphie

7700 XT is gonna drop in price faster....

But for 1440p gaming is plenty enough and is not actually 1 tier lower than the other one... But like half...

They could have called it vanilla 7800

Well you'd think they'd learn something from the 7900XT reception but I guess not. Terrible card at the $899 launch price but now that's available at like $749 it's actually pretty nice. When it's $379 in 6 months it'll be a great price.

Puscifer

The pricing will suck for sure.
Shockingly, it's REALLY good. Please let this be a return to normalcy and even if I do make 110K a year the idea of giving Nvidia a literal percentage of my income for a single component just fucks me up mentally.

Last edited:

Bry0

7800xt pricing is alright compared to the 4070, more vram too. 7700xt is a dumb upsell that will drop fast like the 7900xt

StereoVsn

AMD is actively trying to be bad, so the 7700XT is likely going to be $450 with the 7800XT being $550. Considering they will perform roughly the same as the 6800 and 6800 XT and those cards can be gotten for even less money makes them utterly pointless.
Yeah, for a while you could get 6950 for around $550 even. That would have been a much better buy.

Top Bottom