• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

America not getting regular size N3DS, confirmed.

Derpyduck

Banned
Me yesterday: Nintendo isn't stupid enough to not release the regular new 3DS in the US, and they're surely not stupid enough to release them without a charging cable.

Me today: Yep, they are in fact that stupid.

And in one fell swoop all the interest I had in getting a 3DS again is gone.

Cream

Banned
"OH NO THERE IS NO WAY NINTENDO OF AMERICA WOULD JUST RELEASE THE XL VERSION. THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE FUCKING CRAZY TO DO THAT"

and now I'm not buying a 3DS.

hwy_61

Banned
Uhhh,i never saw any difference. I think they should release the normal version to give a option to the costumer,but this isn't a thing to get so nervous about.

No idea how you don't see a difference. The image is clearly blown up for the bigger screen. There is absolutely a difference.

Rich!

I'll only get one now if there's a Zelda Special Edition. This is such bullshit. Italy gets the non XL but not US? Fuuuuuck that.

Majora's Mask SE New XL announced here

jbpJ8any4z2djg.png

EU only so far

zewone

That makes my decision to skip the N3DS easier. The small, white handheld was too sexy. Now it's replaced by a burgundy eye sore.

LAA

Woah really?
Wasnt expecting this.
Sucks for those that wanted it. What an odd choice on Nintendo's part.

Sakura

I'm confused. Wasn't it released in Australia of all places? What is the logic behind not releasing it in America? It's like they are just throwing money away. NoA is so crazy.

Laconic

Banned
It really is as if Nintendo has zero respect for its American customers.

First they go ahead and say we don't get the N3DS at the same time as everyone else, because they want to exploit as many ill-informed potential buyers of the O.G. version as possible, then they go and say we don't even get the option of choosing which type of N3DS we want?

Fucking burn in Hell, Ninty, and take your shitty, shitty Amiibos with you.

Guess Who

Banned
While I know there's obviously some people here who much prefer the smaller size, this isn't an "insane" decision by Nintendo. The 3DS XL was far more popular here than the smaller model and the 2DS fills the budget role already.

ElFly

I'm not a fan of the image quality on the XL.

Are we pretending the regular 3DS is some kind of retina display, where you actually do not see individual pixels at the regular distance?

Things look pixelated on both, might as well get the bigger screen.

BooJoh

I went from maximum hype to completely livid and now deflated. I never had interest in a New 3DS XL. I've been waiting for a smaller 3DS revision since the original XL came out, and now NOA pulls this crap.

Between that and the IAP-powered Stamina Bar-based F2P Pokemon game, I don't even know what company this is anymore.

My Pikachu 3DS XL is just a little too big for me. It's uncomfortable to hold and doesn't fit in my pocket. I was really looking forward to upgrading to a New 3DS (normal size). It's unbelievable how constantly I'm disappointed by Nintendo of America's hardware decisions. Absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks a lot, NOA.

Top Bottom