• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

America not getting regular size N3DS, confirmed.

Welp. There's that. I really didn't want to believe that rumor. I won't be purchasing a new 3DSXL. I'm just too fucking surprised that NoA didn't bring the smaller model over. Faceplates are such a cool feature.

donny2112

It's probably so they can release regular n3DS later with faceplates. Eases stock figuring at launch and gives them an extra boost in the Fall (or whenever) when regular n3DS would be released.

Koppai

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hilarious. People in the thread yesterday were flipping out over this, everyone dismissed it as insanity.
Because how the fuck do you not release both models here? They would make a killing on the faceplates.

Fuck this, I am not buying an XL. Least I won't be buying another console.

I feel for the people who really wanted the smaller version, but the XL is just so much better than the regular 3DS. Your eyes will thank you.

Gimme the Super Famicom buttons though.

I don't agree. The minor bump in size makes it the most comfortable of any model so far imo

plus the ppi is better

AdanVC

I just can't believe they are actually not bringing regular N3DS in here... and the new XL without ac adapter makes it worse.

Wow, this was a shocker. Maybe they are waiting to stock up on all of the face plates. I can only assume the couldn't produce enough units maybe?

This makes the decision easier - stick with my XL or get a new XL...

jackal27

Banned
WHAT DID I TELL Y'ALL. Nobody would listen to me over in the Gamestop leak thread. Now you know. Nintendo is goofy.

I'm salty, but not SUPER salty. I'll still be ok with that giant new XL.

2Shea

This is pretty ridiculous. Every region EXCEPT NA? This makes absolutely no sense. At the end of the day, it wouldn't be such a huge deal if it wasn't for nintendo's insistence on region locking.

Oh well, they won't be getting a purchase from me.

The End

That's some dumb shit right there.

Yes, the OG 3DS stopped selling once the XL came out, but the OG 3DS had some serious flaws. I'd love a handheld with the improvements of the new 3ds but a smaller overall size.

I can only guess that the regular XL sells way more in NA so they decided not to release the small N3DS. Yet another example where region locking is fucking dumb.

The bigger offence is that there is no AC adapter included. That's some evil villain shit. Want to charge your console? That'll be $15!

Seanspeed

Banned
Some people lying low after their insistence yesterday this wouldn't happen, lol
I can imagine why people wouldn't believe it, though. Its fucking strange.

And the XL really wont get an AC adapter?

What the fuck is going on? Do they just have a monkey pointing at a board to make decisions for them?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'd be surprised if they don't release it eventually, but the sales data probably tells them that only a very small niche would have been interested in the smaller model.

Such a shame that the nXL doesn't have faceplates.

Owensboro

I wanted that damn regular version for the faceplates and the ability to carry it in my damn pocket. Thanks for nothing

Yup, I'm the same boat on the pocket thing. I was totally thinking of getting a new one just because the XL is just too large for my pockets. I carried it around for almost an entire year trying to get street passes, but have gotten so fed up with it's size that I just leave it at home now. I was hoping the regular size would be easier to carry around. Oh well, thanks for saving me money Nintendo.

Top Bottom