• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American millennials' mental and physical health is on the decline — and they're on track to die faster than Gen X

Funny or not it’s a real issue for everyone. Our food is barely food anymore and the rise of energy drinks and just generally sugar loaded shit is killing everyone.

Stuff that is allowed here in the states is banned everywhere else.

and yeah. Stop drinking the soy shit.
I was in Florida in August and I swear to God Walmart was more amazing to me than the theme parks.

Some of the shit you guys are allowed is unreal

Birthday cake flavour energy drinks

Bags of sweets bigger than a baby hippo

20 flavours of everything

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
> The report found that rates of depression and hyperactivity among American millennials increased by about 30% from 2014 to 2017.

giphy.gif

TDS stress literally killing millennials.

That should be Trump’s next campaign slogan.

“Here to finish the job.”

Maybe a grim reaper silhouette vaguely in the background.

quickwhips

i dont know if i should be happy or worried. Depending on the chart of years im a millennial. Im don’t identify as a pussy so i should be ok.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Leaving this here:

1559473171-d21mpkpw0aeil0n.jpg
I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that the big surge in losers fapping the past 10 years isn't true.

It's just that emotional digital poll takers are eager to tell the world they are virgins, while the people getting laid don't care enough to do the poll.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
QFT

It seems that the millenial gen is getting a bigger taste of the media/press beating stick by coinciding with the information age and the rise of clickbait.

Purely anecdotal, but the difference in the amount of articles on millennials vs articles on zoomers, boomers and whoever else-oomers seems kind of incongruous.

As someone else mentioned, the press exists largely to piss people off for clicks these days, so I wouldn't be mildshock.gif if all the statistical generalization was targeted specifically to poke folks into clicking with "millenials this", "millenials that", "you won't believe what this millenial did", and other generalizations that feed into the feeling of "fuck off no i don't" or "lolol stupid other generations" 🤔

Give it 10ish years and i guess we'll see if the clown shoes and baggy trousers get passed onto the next gen for their apportioned roasting.

Won’t somebody think of the coomers

nani17

are in a big trouble
Isn't the birth of one is between 1981 to 1996? That's like most people's age here right or am I wrong

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I’m a gen-x guy and we ate bad food and generally came from single parent homes, but we worked. I’ve noticed that illegals do all the pick up jobs that teenagers used to do. Even most first jobs in restaurants or retail are harder to get for young kids now. You must, I repeat must do physical work as a male at some point in your life. Not going to the gym for aesthetic gains, but going to the construction site and move cinder blocks, dig ditches, spread concrete. It is part of your development. And not a physical weekend project, an actual job.

Papa

Banned
I’m a gen-x guy and we ate bad food and generally came from single parent homes, but we worked. I’ve noticed that illegals do all the pick up jobs that teenagers used to do. Even most first jobs in restaurants or retail are harder to get for young kids now. You must, I repeat must do physical work as a male at some point in your life. Not going to the gym for aesthetic gains, but going to the construction site and move cinder blocks, dig ditches, spread concrete. It is part of your development. And not a physical weekend project, an actual job.

100%

My kick up the bum was slogging through underground mines grouting in cables and tensioning bolts during 12 hour night shifts. Hard work truly changes you as a man and makes you see the world and how you fit into it in a completely different light. I appreciate my latte club desk job in the city so much more now.

highrider

Banned
100%

My kick up the bum was slogging through underground mines grouting in cables and tensioning bolts during 12 hour night shifts. Hard work truly changes you as a man and makes you see the world and how you fit into it in a completely different light. I appreciate my latte club desk job in the city so much more now.

I see young guys in their 20s and 30s that have soft supple hands an awful lot.

Tesseract

Banned
my hands have surgical scars like doctor strange

i'd like to thank the pentagon for investing in my future

Last edited:
So wait...does nobody believe that the quality of food has at least dropped since before millennials showed up?

You know that has massive side effects on health, from development to chances you'll get cancer.

Almost anything you eat that is made of bread has low grade cardboard in it for preservative reasons and people think that wont make people live shorter lives? When all our fruits and veggies are sprayed with god knows what?

Yeah, sure. It's all that "TRUMP HATE" and weed making us sick, lol.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So wait...does nobody believe that the quality of food has at least dropped since before millennials showed up?

You know that has massive side effects on health, from development to chances you'll get cancer.

Almost anything you eat that is made of bread has low grade cardboard in it for preservative reasons and people think that wont make people live shorter lives? When all our fruits and veggies are sprayed with god knows what?

Now why you gotta go bring logic into a troll thread?

Party pooper!

Papa

Banned

The quality of food has dropped because the family unit now consists of two people competing to fill the masculine provider role with no reciprocal nurturer.

The quality of food has dropped because the family unit now consists of two people competing to fill the masculine provider role with no reciprocal nurturer.
Blame it on whatever you want, point is our food is making us less healthy. Nice whataboutism though. Reallllllly gonna solve the problem that way.

But wait!!!!
Fuck millenials, amirite!?!

I've worked in literal sweatshops. The food is still gonna kill me. And no, the genx food wasnt close to as bad as millenial food. Look up any modern preservatives to freak out. Make more excuses for why I'm not gonna take care of your old ass when you need it.

Because I'll be dead. See you in hell, fuckers.

Papa

Banned
Then we agree.
You're a fucker and should die.
Got it.

We all gotta die at some point bro. Some of us earlier than others tho :messenger_tears_of_joy: God DAMN I love my wife who keeps me fed on wholesome, homemade, preservative-free food.

P.S. Mods pls don't ban him for wishing death on me. To be fair I'm kinda provoking his tantrum here (and will continue to do so if he continues to indulge and entertain me).

We all gotta die at some point bro. Some of us earlier than others tho :messenger_tears_of_joy: God DAMN I love my wife who keeps me fed on wholesome, homemade, preservative-free food.

P.S. Mods pls don't ban him for wishing death on me. To be fair I'm kinda provoking his tantrum here (and will continue to do so if he continues to indulge and entertain me).
I dont really want you to die but is what I said really that much different than saying millenials should die, considering how many millenials populate this site?

And I mean, what else am I supposed to say other than your dance amuses me too? You're a moron but a funny moron.

Oh fuggitall.
See you in the ground, mate!

O-N-E

Fuck you guys. By this time next year, I'm gonna be filthy rich, married to a 11/10 hottie who's somehow birthed 4 of my beautiful children, and at peak physical performance.

I dunno man. Millennials have kind of a rough thing going on. I've tried for years to get on the straight and narrow and found a lack of good job options, in addition to shitty renting situations, is getting to me now that I'm reaching 30. Will blame myself for some relationships not working out but it feels like I'm a bit fucked sometimes because I'm not in a LTR (splitting costs and all that).

Agree that the ones who use words like 'Yeet' and are addicted to Instagram when they're 23+ are not helping themselves but it sometimes feel like 'fuck me' for not joining them.
Spoilers for Millenials....we check your social media history when you apply for jobs, and I if detect even a hint of social justice bullshit, I'm not hiring you because you're more trouble than your worth. Grow the fuck up and you'll have easier time in the real world.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Some of us has brought this up at various times when it comes to modern culture, depression, and shit like that.

If you got a cell phone and laptop (which most people have access to).

Want to be happier? Not get bullied? Not get into shouting matches with random people on forums?

Get off the net. This just doesn't go for social media sites. But also news sites who mostly cover negative articles like the entire world is ending in 2 years.

If you're emotional and are more prone to anxiety attacks from reading junk on the internet, do yourself a favour and cut it out. Take a ealk, work out, join some weekend adult league bowling with fellow average joes who all suck at it, doesn't matter. Get off the net. Too much negative info fucking up your brain.

(As a bonus, it'll probably help you get and maintain a job too. Most places don't want to hire high strung people who look like they are going to crack a month into the job)

Last edited:
Spoilers for Millenials....we check your social media history when you apply for jobs, and I if detect even a hint of social justice bullshit, I'm not hiring you because you're more trouble than your worth. Grow the fuck up and you'll have easier time in the real world.
The inverse is also probably true. You know millenials hire boomers too, right?

Youre right. I hope your shit online is clean too is all I'm saying. I'm sure a millenial who sees maga shit all over a Facebook is gonna react just the same way as you did, aka, you're not getting the job.

Isnt it so fair when others politics dictate whether or not you have a chance to survive?

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I've worked in literal sweatshops. The food is still gonna kill me. And no, the genx food wasnt close to as bad as millenial food. Look up any modern preservatives to freak out. Make more excuses for why I'm not gonna take care of your old ass when you need it.

Because I'll be dead. See you in hell, fuckers.

You should smoke a bowl or something. You’re kind of intense for a weekend message board.

Some of us has brought this up at various times when it comes to modern culture, depression, and shit like that.

If you got a cell phone and laptop (which most people have access to).

Want to be happier? Not get bullied? Not get into shouting matches with random people on forums?

Get off the net. This just doesn't go for social media sites. But also news sites who mostly cover negative articles like the entire world is ending in 2 years.

If you're emotional and are more prone to anxiety attacks from reading junk on the internet, do yourself a favour and cut it out. Take a ealk, work out, join some weekend adult league bowling with fellow average joes who all suck at it, doesn't matter. Get off the net. Too much negative info fucking up your brain.

(As a bonus, it'll probably help you get and maintain a job too. Most places don't want to hire high strung people who look like they are going to crack a month into the job)
You know, I honestly wish my boomer family members would do this. They are fucking so wrapped up in Facebook drama, it's sad as fuck. It's like high school 2 for them whereas I avoid social media like the plague.

Spoiler alert: I'm still highly depressed, stressed, and work hard on zero energy. I agree that some people focus on negativity but there are real problems out there right now too for the youth, education first and foremost being the bigges, only secondary to the foods they eat. That's not the internet's fault.

Tldr: Ignoring Facebook doesnt make the food I buy any more nourishing nor job opportunities more plentiful nor my paycheck any less pathetic.

You should smoke a bowl or something. You’re kind of intense for a weekend message board.
I literally smoke everyday, from morning to night. Whenever I'm not at work basically. Still stressed out beyond comprehension.

This IS me calm, believe it or not.

Or maybe it just cheeses me off being told to go die by a bunch of people I don't even know and I wanted to get in on the fun.

Top Bottom