• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the hell of it, I went to the Target Rosalina page. The "find in store" button was clickable for about 1/2 second, then went back to grey. I reloaded the page over and over until I had my mouse cursor over the clickable button. I finally got a click to go through and was taken to... a blank page.

Now it's greyed out again.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just for the hell of it, I went to the Target Rosalina page. The "find in store" button was clickable for about 1/2 second, then went back to grey. I reloaded the page over and over until I had my mouse cursor over the clickable button. I finally got a click to go through and was taken to... a blank page.

Now it's greyed out again.

WELCOME TO AMIIBO.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Nope! I don't see that happening for a long time Tbh, especially since the direct was 49 minutes of "check out this c-stick! the 3d is so much better with the NEW 3ds xl, the nfc reader on the NEW 3ds xl is SO COOL look how fast the NEW 3ds xl loads smash bros! Check out this c-stick!"

I think someone mentioned to me earlier today that it was shown in the Japanese Nintendo Direct. Basically, I'm expecting Americans to get fucked again today and have support be New 3DS XL exclusive which would be a shame because I'm planning on getting the FE amiibos and Codename Steam.

I see, and just saw it now on the stream. At least the thing still exists...

Speaking of Rosalina, I found this the other day while browsing the web.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/895/166/259.png

He looks like the 'budget James Marsters'

Just a huge update to everyone in the UK.
I went to Cash Converters and found a Captain Falcon in there for £9.99(Link is my Latest Amiibo Hunting episode at Cash Converters). So check out any near you as they take Amiibos and price them pretty well.

Tesco have lowered the price to what is the lowest price ever for an Amiibo brand new.
They are now available to buy for £9.00(select ones only)
Pikachu
Diddy Kong
Mario
Link
Marth (Don't get your hopes up on Marth though. He's still out of stock. But he's at a new low price)!

ASDA dun fukd up and are now selling Pikachu £5 BRAND NEW!

Blues1990

I'm hoping that the rest of the Mario Party cast will have their respective Amiibo's. I need me some Daisy ("Red's the best, brah!") & Shy Guy ("Shoo-rah!") in my life.

Come to think of it, since DK's Smash Bros. Amiibo is compatible with this game, that must mean that he's finally a playable character again! Finally, I can have Stupid Donkey Kong as the CPU player! Huzzah!

Animekatt

Has anybody used Gamestop with in-store pickup? I did it for Shulk and Ike and now I'm worried that something will happen based on stories about Best Buy.

I did it for 6 wave 3 amiibos. My GS knows me, as I place a lot of JRPG CE preorders there. I suggest though that you be right there when they open to truly insure that you get it, as well as making sure your amiibo have great paint jobs. I know I'll be doing so.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Can I get the amiibo flair? I think my post got buried earlier.

ayUGvue.gif

Oh, can you do mine too? Will look funny xD

ZyAKiKL.png

Could anybody amiibatize my avatar?

PVkz3ue.png

same for me plz :)

RYP6Gjg.gif

Sorry, I'm not quite as good with transparency as some of you pros are. I'll try to make them better when I get back!

I think i need an amiibo avatar. My last 100 posts have been this thread and the last one. I remember the so.....amiibo thread like it was yesterday. Thanks in advance, in class now.

I cancelled my smash bowser amiibo cause i like the mario series bowser one better. So for me its Charizard, Robin & Bowser. My bro wants Wario, Lucina, Pac Man, & Ness. We both also wanna get a marth(not 1 for each of us, just hoping either one of us can snag one). Disappointed that none of the ones i really wanted are part of wave 4 :( hopefully no retail exclusives are there.

CH4OS

Oh dear...
khDgLE4.png

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

JK, just preparing for when this becomes real ;P

Zombine

Banned
Just as a quick reminder, if Amazon preorders go down quickly, head to Gamestop to preorder the ones you want. Just make sure that you actually go to the store on the day of their arrival so the store doesn't sell your preorder. If they do, bitch to the manager or the district manager, and they'll have one sent from the warehouse.

CH4OS

So I remember Nintendo saying there IS a pattern for which Smash amiibo they release in each wave. Has anyone figured it out yet?

I wonder if the person that posted the fakes last month started to catch on to the pattern but only got it half right since he picked Lucina, Ness, and Pac-Man correctly.

Sad? Yes. Unexpected? Not at all, since we dont have a male WFT or female Villager.

Good point. There are some really cool alts out there, maybe someone can make a waifu out of Robin xD

Also, I guess no hope for Wii Fit and Villager restocks in USA? Only Marth because of Project Steam, eh? =/

I'm surprised you guys were expecting her. How is Female Robin any different than Male Wii Fit Trainer or Female Villager?

Nowhere did we say "expecting." Just a bummer they didn't account for these few characters.

Neoxon

Anyone else is sad we don't have a Female Robin amiibo? =(
I'm surprised you guys were expecting her. How is Female Robin any different than Male Wii Fit Trainer or Female Villager?

Good point. There are some really cool alts out there, maybe someone can make a waifu out of Robin xD

Also, I guess no hope for Wii Fit and Villager restocks in USA? Only Marth because of Project Steam, eh? =/
There's hope for Villager assuming Animal Crossing U happens & uses Amiibo figures.

Mononoke

Banned
Just as a quick reminder, if Amazon preorders go down quickly, head to Gamestop to preorder the ones you want. Just make sure that you actually go to the store on the day of their arrival so the store doesn't sell your preorder. If they do, bitch to the manager or the district manager, and they'll have one sent from the warehouse.

Does ordering online at GameStop not work? I pre ordered all of Wave 3 on their website and did in store pick up. Kind of nervous now.

Gartooth

So I remember Nintendo saying there IS a pattern for which Smash amiibo they release in each wave. Has anyone figured it out yet?

I wonder if the person that posted the fakes last month started to catch on to the pattern but only got it half right since he picked Lucina, Ness, and Pac-Man correctly.

I for sure thought that they were going to round up the starting cast in wave 4 and then go on to the secret characters later, but that was proven wrong with Lucina, Ness, and Wario. Granted, I can understand why they chose to release Lucina and Wario now due to their integration in non-Smash Bros. games.

It's also interesting to wonder how many different sets of Amiibos we'll get. By that I mean, we're getting 'Super Mario Edition" with Toad and a bunch we already had. So we'll probably get Zelda, and then? Maybe Pokemon?

Would be amazing if we'd get a Fire Emblem with Chrom Tharja and some characters from the newly announced Direct. Though that's probably too niche even for Nintendo.

Anyone else is sad we don't have a Female Robin amiibo? =(

Y'know something that's scaring me the most. With America having retail exclusive Amiibos, what will happen once we have special event Amiibos? As in, what would happen if there is a Nintendo Special Event Amiibo that was a golden Mario with 1000 ever made? Or a Japan exclusive Amiibo? The female Robin Amiibo first print!?
I dunno if I can handle it. I'm honestly worried that will happen. I see it happening.

Oh and can I have an Amiibo-fied avatar? I have a new Suda51 to use but he could do with some coloured sparkle.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I'd have preferred a female Robin since that's who I use, but whatever.

Neoxon

I for sure thought that they were going to round up the starting cast in wave 4 and then go on to the secret characters later, but that was proven wrong with Lucina, Ness, and Wario. Granted, I can understand why they chose to release Lucina and Wario now due to their integration in non-Smash Bros. games.
Ness is available from the start on the Wii U version.

Ludist210

I guess the one thing from today's Direct that I can take solace in is that Marth is getting a reprint...which might mean others that will be in multiple games other than Smash (like Rosalina, Meta Knight, etc.) won't be that rare in the future. So there's hope.

Maengun1

I'm just praying -- PRAYING -- Ness isn't an exclusive. Especially not to Target. Anything but that.

If they're all available at Gamestop and Amazon then we should have no problems pre-ordering the ones we want.

Since it's only a small wave of 6, I don't see why any would be exclusive. :/ Ugh, I'm forgetting about the Mario Party ones though. I only care about the Smash series (except Toad since he isn't in Smash).

Neoxon

Nowhere did we say "expecting." Just a bummer they didn't account for these few characters.
I didn't mean you specifically, it's a generalization meaning a lot of people who respond here or elsewhere.

kierwynn

I'm just praying -- PRAYING -- Ness isn't an exclusive. Especially not to Target. Anything but that.

I'm really hoping they learned their lesson after the Rosalina mess, but I doubt it. I don't think any from this wave will be exclusive, though- it's a small wave. (or maybe that is just wishful thinking lol)

Mononoke

Banned

If they're all available at Gamestop and Amazon then we should have no problems pre-ordering the ones we want.

Since it's only a small wave of 6, I don't see why any would be exclusive. :/ Ugh, I'm forgetting about the Mario Party ones though. I only care about the Smash series (except Toad since he isn't in Smash).

Oh God. Ness exclusive would kill me. Please don't.

Maengun1

It's pretty funny/insane that they're doing alternate "Mario series" versions of Mario/Peach/Yoshi etc. already, before the Smash series finishes. You know all those pictures of amiibo walls with nothing but an army of Peach? Pretty soon it's going to be empty except for *2* different versions of Peach lol

Salamando

It's pretty funny/insane that they're doing alternate "Mario series" versions of Mario/Peach/Yoshi etc. already, before the Smash series finishes. You know all those pictures of amiibo walls with nothing but an army of Peach? Pretty soon it's going to be empty except for *2* different versions of Peach lol

Kinda irritating, isn't it? After wave 4, we're looking at two more Smash waves. We're going to be hunting these well into Summer, possibly Fall if they interrupt with another Mario wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom