• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktrOOp

Banned
Can someone tell me why every Captain Falcon Amiibo seems to have a little scratch on the stand?

Example from OT1:

5pd7M1i.jpg

I bought my Amiibo a few days ago and was annoyed after seeing this little scratch, but now I realize that every Captain Falcon has this "flaw".

I love the amiibos cause they're really cool, but I'm definitely not cut out for this kind of thing just cause of work and life and stuff. I wish I could just casually buy one, even just like a month after they release without the worry that I won't be able to get one

In all honesty, I completely agree. I honestly think the Amiibos are bloody awesome but they've been handled pretty terribly and this is mostly Nintendos fault (mostly).

Nintendos fault for downgrading the Amiibos from their initial looks but mainly because of how they handled the Amiibos. There is absolutely no reason why certain Amiibos have been made in limited production or completely discontinued. Whether you're a collector or someone looking to have fun with the, you should be able to go to a store and buy them without having too much effort. Maybe resort to online but not F5ing a page and ringing Toys R Us at 7am or having to import from Germany. It's honestly stupid.

But even though I said it was mostly Nintendos fault. It does come down to us to some extent. There isn't a single mention of Rosalina being discontinued but we've(everyone on GAF, Reddit, YouTube etc) already have come to agreement that she will be rare so we've pre-ordered her (as well as the others) from different places. This "paranoia" could be attributed to Nintendo constantly discontinuing Amiibos (with Fox and Samus rumoured next) so we're playing it safe but it is just one huge problem(I'm not calling people out either, I love AmiiboGAF). This could easily (I know I don't work at Nintendo) be fixed if Nintendo put out more Amiibos. There are people already on here who have cancelled pre-orders from Amazon.de since they know a second set of Marths are coming. If people are willing to wait knowing they'll be given service, then I don't see what the issue is. Do the same for Villager and Wii Fit Trainer and stop fucking us around Nintendo (and any retailers being wankers about this whole situation).

I was expecting the same, to be able to walk in and buy any and as much as I love hunting Amiibos, it's pretty pathetic.

Just my thoughts.

Rated-G

So is Little Mac pretty much impossible to get from retail at this point? I never saw him hit stores, or caught a period when he was available online, I've also yet to see anyone talk about the figure or the general quality people have found. He's the only amiibo my wife wanted and I'm worried we won't be able to get him anymore.

Edzi

In all honesty, I completely agree. I honestly think the Amiibos are bloody awesome but they've been handled pretty terribly and this is mostly Nintendos fault (mostly). Nintendo faults for downgrading the Amiibos from their initial looks but mainly because of how they handled the Amiibos. There is absolutely no reason why certain Amiibos have been made in limited production or completely discontinued. Whether you're a collector or someone looking to have fun with the, you should be able to go to a store and buy them without having too much effort. Maybe resort to online but not F5ing a page and ringing Toys R Us at 7am or having to import from Germany. It's honestly stupid.

But even though I said it was mostly Nintendos fault. It does come down to us to some extent. There isn't a single mention of Rosalina being discontinued but we've(everyone on GAF, Reddit, YouTube etc) already have come to agreement that she will be rare so we've pre-ordered her (as well as the others) from different places. This "paranoia" could be attributed to Nintendo constantly discontinuing Amiibos (with Fox and Samus rumoured next) so we're playing it safe but it is just one huge problem(I'm not calling people out either, I love AmiiboGAF). This could easily (I know I don't work at Nintendo) be fixed if Nintendo put out more Amiibos. There are people already on here who have cancelled pre-orders from Amazon.de since they know a second set of Marths are coming. If people are willing to wait knowing they'll be given service, then I don't see what the issue is. Do the same for Villager and Wii Fit Trainer and stop fucking us around Nintendo (and any retailers being wankers about this whole situation). I was expecting the same, to be able to walk in and buy any and as much as I love hunting Amiibos, it's pretty pathetic.

Just my thoughts.

Don't forget all the idiots who are also paying the scalpers insane fees, thus creating more scalpers.

With all the Direct buzz going on I forgot to wonder about the NFC "portal" for older 3DSes... I'm not going to be upgrading any time soon but I'd like to be able to use Amiibos for the 3DS games that support them... any idea when we'll hear more about this mysterious piece of hardware?

Edzi

So is Little Mac pretty much impossible to get from retail at this point? I never saw him hit stores, or caught a period when he was available online, I've also yet to see anyone talk about the figure or the general quality people have found. He's the only amiibo my wife wanted and I'm worried we won't be able to get him anymore.

He's one of the only amiibo's I want too, and I'm starting to feel like I'm completely out of luck. He's not a particularly popular character either, and he likely won't be getting many new games in the future so a reprint is probably unlikely. Entertainment Earth has had them available for preorder for a while now, with an expected release of sometime in January. Who knows if it'll come through, but they've said that they've been told by the manufacturer that they'll be getting enough, so it's worth a shot. Only downside is the $5 shipping.

Rated-G

He's one of the only amiibo's I want too, and I'm starting to feel like I'm completely out of luck. He's not a particularly popular character either, and he likely won't be getting many new games in the future so a reprint is probably unlikely. Entertainment Earth has had them available for preorder for a while now, with an expected release of sometime in January. Who knows if it'll come through, but they've said that they've been told by the manufacturer that they'll be getting enough, so it's worth a shot. Only downside is the $5 shipping.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up! I can't believe I hadn't thought to check EE. I guess I'll give it a shot.

That's what we're all waiting on, my friend. AmiiboGAF has to stick together!

Haven't checked since I left work. Got my Majora's Mask New 3DS XL preorder in today in store. LE for the game last week.

Wave 3, 4 and Mario series. Ugh so much money to Nintendo.

Insaniac

Ahh, I love your avatar xD Not sure why, but I find the STEAM art for Lucina adorable.
(Well, and must all Lucina artwork.

Haha thanks, yeah the FE artwork for Steam looks pretty good actually. It was a tough choice between Robin and Lucina, I use both in Smash, but Robin more often. However I use female robin instead (prefer the VA) so I went with Lucina for my avvy :)

edit: props to Diggeh for the avatar too

Don't forget all the idiots who are also paying the scalpers insane fees, thus creating more scalpers.

I was going to mention scalpers but I didn't wanna give them attention. Like I said, everyone one here was laughing over the fact that Marth is coming back so all the scalpers just got fucked in the bum. Do that for Mac, Villager, WFT and the system will be balanced. But this is Nintendo.

So on a lighter note. Here are some pic and info regarding the new Amiibos. I think we'll need to separate the Google Docs into each Amiibo type.

Super Smash Smash Bros (Smiibro)
Smash logo with black base
Release date: April 29th 2015
Ness:
aabw.jpg

package.jpg

Wario:
aabc.jpg

package.jpg

Pac-Man:
aacc.jpg

package.jpg

Charizard:
aabn.jpg

package.jpg

Lucina:
aabt.jpg

package.jpg

Robin:
aabu.jpg

package.jpg

Super Mario (Smariibo)
No logo with red base
Release date: March 12th 2015
Mario:
abaa.jpg

package.jpg

Luigi:
abab.jpg

package.jpg

Peach:
abac.jpg

package.jpg

Yoshi:
package.jpg

abad.jpg

Toad:
abae.jpg

package.jpg

Bowser:
abaf.jpg

package.jpg

Seik

Banned
Very happy Amiibro here, just got Diddy and WFT from Play-Asia!

Now I'll just need Pit and Wave 1+2 will be mine! :D

keeQzB8.jpg

Only downside is that my Diddy is derp as HELL. Anyways, will unpack those and take a picture of my shelf later tonight. :)

kierwynn

Well, ordered a Fox from BB and a WFT from Play asia- assuming that nothing goes wrong with them, all I really need now is a Marth (and of course, wave 4, but everyone needs those). Come ooooon preorders!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what're the chances that Marth could perhaps be reprinted around the same time as perhaps Wave 4, considering that's when two other FE characters come out and would allow people to get more of them at once for Codename STEAM. Or heck, maybe they'll reprint him with Ike so 2 FE characters at a time.

Yeah, some time "later this year"
And I almost bit for one on ebay for $33. That timing.

I do think for me personally, after I get the Smash series, I;ll just stick to characters I like and not try for complete sets with more of the same characters just in different poses. Maybe if they're unique enough but I doubt it. If they did Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem sets then that's another story.

So, i think i'm gonna keep my Pit and really focus on becoming a full out "Get a complete Smash set" person.

What this means is, i need someone to help me obtain a Little Mac. So if anyone wants to rid of one, i'm open to it.

I also need to figure out how i want to display them from here.

Gurrry

So the only Super Mario line I want is Toad, unless they release characters not in smash. No reason to buy every single line.

Looks like 1/22 is when the next wave is released. So next week? I got that information from the japanese amiibo nintendo site.. so it might be different for USA

Mononoke

Banned
So to those that have pre-ordered in the past. Did the pre-orders go up like..the day of announcement? Days after announcement? What happened in the past? Might give us some indication of Wave 4.

ALSO...Wave 3 hasn't even come out yet. So would they really put up Wave 4 pre-orders when Wave 3 isn't even out yet, and will take up all of Feb?

After the direct I REALLY wanted to buy a Lucina amiibo, but then as I was searching I found out her Figma is releasing soon. Going with that instead. Way better quality and you can change her appearance.

So to those that have pre-ordered in the past. Did the pre-orders go up like..the day of announcement? Days after announcement? What happened in the past? Might give us some indication of Wave 4.

ALSO...Wave 3 hasn't even come out yet. So would they really put up Wave 4 pre-orders when Wave 3 isn't even out yet, and will take up all of Feb?

I think the general consensus is to expect pre-orders to open tomorrow.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
After the direct I REALLY wanted to buy a Lucina amiibo, but then as I was searching I found out her Figma is releasing soon. Going with that instead. Way better quality and you can change her appearance.

We have an unspoken rule on FigureGAF.

*ahem*

BUY ALL THE THINGS

Most people didn't bother preordering until Smash came out and people realized some characters were going to be difficult to find. By then, most of wave 3 was available for preorder at some places.

Salamando

Pre-orders have been available - https://ebgames.com.au/3ds-206681-N...sh-Bros---Robin-Character-Figure-Nintendo-3DS

Yes, I'm aware this is in Australia. Just illustrating we have no clue when to expect them

Mecca

None of the new Amiibo that were announced interest me. I wish Toad was in his Treasure Tracker outfit then I may have been tempted to buy him.

After my Wave 3 pre-orders arrive from Best Buy and I (hopefully) get a Rosalina, I'm out of the Amiibo game. It was fun while it lasted!

Haines

Banned
Someone explain to me so i understand.

Nintendo keeps announcing more and more new and different amiibo but don't even stock them but a few vanilla characters.

What's the bloody point?

Wouldn't it make sense to do less and actually...stock them?

Gurrry

Ah okay.

Also I think it's weird how Fox went back in stock randomly all low Key on Wal-Mart.com like no fuss whatsoever. Just kind of randomly happened and then went back out of stock.

Agreed

I have a little theory

So everyone is saying how Cpt Falcon and Pit will be on sale at TRU tomorrow. It makes me think that they got their shipment late (maybe due to the port strike?). Anyway, I never saw a single Fox or Little Mac in stores anywhere. My guess is that other stores had their shipments delayed as well.

Evidence supporting that theory is that Frys is shipping my Fox to me right now. Also, like you said, Walmart randomly having some in-stock today.

This might be completely wrong, but my guess is that Little Mac, Fox, Falcon and Pit will all appear sometime this week (hopefully) in-stores and online randomly.

How else would Walmart and Frys get a random shipment of Fox's? A figure that has been soaring in rarity as of late?

Mononoke

Banned
Agreed

I have a little theory

So everyone is saying how Cpt Falcon and Pit will be on sale at TRU tomorrow. It makes me think that they got their shipment late (maybe due to the port strike?). Anyway, I never saw a single Fox or Little Mac in stores anywhere. My guess is that other stores had their shipments delayed as well.

Evidence supporting that theory is that Frys is shipping my Fox to me right now. Also, like you said, Walmart randomly having some in-stock today.

This might be completely wrong, but my guess is that Little Mac, Fox, Falcon and Pit will all appear sometime this week (hopefully) in-stores and online randomly.

How else would Walmart and Frys get a random shipment of Fox's? A figure that has been soaring in rarity as of late?

Sounds plausible to me. I think shipments are fucked, given how much demand there are for these. I imagine, almost all stock is being snatched up online in pre-orders. Which means, certain stores are getting delayed stock. Which is why you see really screwed up instore stock.

At least, that's my theory that ties into your theory lol

Labrys

paid off my shulk today at gamestop when i was asking about the MM N3DS

Moment I said Shulk a girl asking a question next to me got really mad at me, I guess she missed the window on him

Mononoke

Banned
Well, ordered a Fox from BB and a WFT from Play asia- assuming that nothing goes wrong with them, all I really need now is a Marth (and of course, wave 4, but everyone needs those). Come ooooon preorders!

Oh my god, I'm so happy for you. I got two Extra Fox's on Wal Mart's site. So if you still need one (if the BB order has any issues), let me know. You can have one for free. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom