• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatchtag

Banned
Just a thought, but what if Splatoon is compatible with amiibo? Unlocking special outfit items related to the amiibo you have?

I'd expect almost every first party retail title to be amiibo compatible going forward, bar a few where it might be really hard to fit amiibo things in (Xenoblade X, Devil's Third). Outfits do make the most sense for Splatoon, too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just a thought, but what if Splatoon is compatible with amiibo? Unlocking special outfit items related to the amiibo you have?
Part of me hopes they will. Would be AMAZING if you scanned the Bowser Jr. amiibo & you got the Shadow Mario paintbrush used in Super Mario Sunshine, or Mario gives you FLUDD but it shoots ink instead of water.

Fox Mulder

So which of the super mario line you guys want so far? I definitely want Toad since he not getting a smash one. I might grab Peach and Bowser on the side when there a sale. The rest I don't find as good as their smash amiibo (forget you amiibros who think the Smash Mario looks bad or boring.)

I like the Super Mario line version of Mario and Luigi more.

kierwynn

Well I got you covered. Like I said, I got two extra Fox from Walmart. I don't intend on keeping either, or selling them. Got them purely for this community. So let me know. Well shit, hopefully Walmart doesn't cancel on me either.

If your order goes through, then I'll probably need to take you up on the offer. Thanks again- really want to get ahold of one for the bf. I regret not grabbing the last one our Best Buy had when I had the chance. There is still a chance our BB one will go through, but it didn't sound positive. :(

Lucina amiibo looking good, wish she didn't have the stand but oh well.
maYhqlJIC8J2xKFbSF7uNqsqCkga_M29.png

Illucio

Banned
Everyone is so jumpy to pre-order. All those scalpers man!

Nintendo doesn't hate money because they aren't including AC adapters with n3DSXL consoles in America, but yet they don't want to sufficiently supply Amiibo's for pre-orders either?

Bull honky. I don't know what to think about Nintendo right now, I'm having a huge love hate relationship with them right now.

Amiibo Crap
n3DSXL Crap
Store Exclusive Crap
Club Nintendo Crap

At least we can all admit they make good content and games, but all this stuff in between is getting to me. They are wavering my strong favor towards them.

Mononoke

Banned
If your order goes through, then I'll probably need to take you up on the offer. Thanks again- really want to get ahold of one for the bf. I regret not grabbing the last one our Best Buy had when I had the chance. There is still a chance our BB one will go through, but it didn't sound positive. :(

It's 100% yours :)

Let's hope they don't cancel my order.

Everyone is so jumpy to pre-order. All those scalpers man!

Nintendo doesn't hate money because they aren't including AC adapters with n3DSXL consoles in America, but yet they don't want to sufficiently supply Amiibo's for pre-orders either?

Bull honky. I don't know what to think about Nintendo right now, I'm having a huge love hate relationship with them right now.

Amiibo Crap
n3DSXL Crap
Store Exclusive Crap
Club Nintendo Crap

At least we can all admit they make good content and games, but all this stuff in between is getting to me. They are wavering my strong favor towards them.

Don't forget the gamecube controller adapter.

ChrisD

Anyone here anything from B&H? My backorders still haven't been cancelled.

Two Marth, two Villager, no cancellation thus far. Cross your fingers, cross your toes.

Edit: Where are these Wave 4 pre-orders coming from? I don't see them anywhere. .-.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Whoever said that they just preordered wave 4 characters should claims which country they came from.

For your information, they live in Australia so I guess the preorder went up for Australian retailers.

Has anyone gotten any updates lately about the $10.99 amiibos that TRU offered when our initial orders were cancelled? I got an email almost two weeks ago that Pit was delayed, but haven't heard anything since. I would just cancel it since I found one at Gamestop, but there's a Lucario on that order too... and it doesn't look like I can only cancel Pit.

Well I got you covered. Like I said, I got two extra Fox from Walmart. I don't intend on keeping either, or selling them. Got them purely for this community. So let me know. Well shit, hopefully Walmart doesn't cancel on me either.

If you still have the other, and i strike out tomorrow, i wouldnt mind, even though id prefer to offer something in return

At best, im a super night-owl, if pre-orders go up in the middle of the night tomorrow, i can nab some extras for people here.

Mononoke

Banned
Has anyone gotten any updates lately about the $10.99 amiibos that TRU offered when our initial orders were cancelled? I got an email almost two weeks ago that Pit was delayed, but haven't heard anything since. I would just cancel it since I found one at Gamestop, but there's a Lucario on that order too... and it doesn't look like I can only cancel Pit.

I'll do your avatar in 20 min. I'm sorry it went under the radar. Was at the doctors and didn't realize you didn't get one yet.

Yrael

Damn...they're all up on the EB Games Australia website, but I'm seriously hesitating on pre-ordering because I'll be spending so much money already next month. :x

Majora's Mask n3DSXL + limited edition Majora's Mask 3D + other Amiibo that I've already preordered (+ Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, possibly)...

Edit:

I knew the dimensions were within the limits but it turns out the file size was too big!
I was able to export the file in a different format and now the transparency works as expected - thanks for the tip! :)

No probs! :) Glad you could get it working.

Mononoke

Banned
If you still have the other, and i strike out tomorrow, i wouldnt mind, even though id prefer to offer something in return

At best, im a super night-owl, if pre-orders go up in the middle of the night tomorrow, i can nab some extras for people here.

Yes, the other one is yours then. Don't want anything though. I guess pay for shipping if you must. But I don't want or need money. It's yours for free.

ChrisD

Not a big fan of Wario and Charizard looks crazy cheap. Undecided on Pac-Man... I may make it out of this only buying three characters.

May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom