• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMephistoX

Dang, I toadally would've gotten the Captain Toad bundle. Wonder how much more the MP10 bundle will be. I imagine it won't be too much of a savings, like $5.

Damnit...I might have to get Captain Toad and MP10 now. I was planning to do it eventually but I loathe Mario Party yet equally loathe the current Mario Amiibo.

kierwynn

Oh my god, I'm so happy for you. I got two Extra Fox's on Wal Mart's site. So if you still need one (if the BB order has any issues), let me know. You can have one for free. :)

Thank you so much for the offer! I'll keep that in mind if this order doesn't go through- here's hoping nothing goes wrong!

Yeah just let me know. I grabbed two just for this reason. I don't need them, figured someone on here might could use a Fox.

I'm interested to see if they pop up with the TRU stock, if that ends up being a thing. I'd like to get one now, but he wasn't super high on my priority list. Then again, it seems like Nintendo is kind of forcing my priority list now lol.

Converse

Banned
Paranoia of Ness pre-order is going to haunt my dreams tonight.

Haha, I know the feeling. It's almost surreal that, if I'm able to get a pre-order, I'll have a little figurine of a character I've liked for so long. Back when I was a kid and the game was obscure on arrival, I never would've thought I'd have a Ness on my desk as an adult. But as for paranoia, I bet we'll have a little while before anyone puts pre-orders up.

But, man, you've been doing so much for this thread and the people in it, I'm confident that if you don't snag one, someone will come through for you. Thanks again for being rad, and here's to your health.

A Toad amiibo is great and all, but they really should have done a Captain Toad one. I'll still get him because I really like Toad and he's been my go-to character in Mario Kart (please come back, Dry Bones).

VinFTW

Guys, my fiance is gonna give me the ring back if I don't pull through on these amiibos...

pls, pls help me

jk...

...but seriously, she will

ngower

Do we have any clue when the next wave of amiibo will be on sale? I'm pre-ordering Ness—no way in hell I'm risking him going out of sale.

Toki767

I still like how Nintendo of America announced a Marth re-release when they still refused to admit it was discontinued in the first place.

Mononoke

Banned
Tell me about it. If there's one amiibo I need, it's Ness!

Yeah this is going to be stressful lol After I fucked up with Shulk and Rosalina, the paranoia/thirst is real.

I still like how Nintendo of America announced a Marth re-release when they still refused to admit it was discontinued in the first place.

There are other amiibos that are supposedly discontinued now to (or are heading that way). Yet they won't comment. SMH

VinFTW

What's top priority for her?

All of them.

737.gif

MC_Hify

Ok, so right now I have everything except for the Villager, Marth, and WFT. I ordered a Marth from amazon.co.uk and it should have been here by two days ago but it is not here yet.

I have everything preordered through game stop except the exclusives. I have Rosalina and Lucario preordered through amazon.fr and Meta Knight through BigBadToyStore.

I'm almost there guys! I guess I can just pay out the nose for the others off of Amazon eventually.

DooD1234

So which of the super mario line you guys want so far? I definitely want Toad since he not getting a smash one. I might grab Peach and Bowser on the side when there a sale. The rest I don't find as good as their smash amiibo (forget you amiibros who think the Smash Mario looks bad or boring.)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder if Mario Kart 8 are going to get second batch of Amiibo costumes along with 2nd DLC Bundle?

I could imagine that Ness could be a part of it as well.

Blues1990

Yeah, it was weird in December when I had asked a Nintendo of Canada representative about the Pit Amiibo availability, she outright denied about Pit (along with the other rares) will be discontinued.

So which of the super mario line you guys want so far? I definitely want Toad since he not getting a smash one. I might grab Peach and Bowser on the side when there a sale. The rest I don't find as good as their smash amiibo (forget you amiibros who think the Smash Mario looks bad or boring.)

I actually want to get all six, so I'm going to pre-order them all. I think Luigi's Mario Party Amiibo looks a lot better than his Smash Bros. stand, and I'm going to customize the generic Toad to look like Captain Toad.

Gurrry

All these new Amiibo lines have me worried that an Amiibo game is not coming... :(

They would be dumb not to make one though, right? Right?!?!

Mononoke

Banned
What did doc say? All good?

Ah sorry, forgot I didn't post in here (tweeted it). But basically, this wasn't for my cancer. Was a physical check up. The cancer/chemo did a number on my body. So they wanted to make sure things were on track. Basically, I'm good. Just have to start working out (muscle atrophy, gain weight, get on a good diet to get the proper vitamins).

Chemo basically tanked my system. So I just have to work myself back up and get everything equalized again. So basically, everything is normal and par the course. Nothing serious or out of the ordinary.

:)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I only really care for Toad because at the moment, I don't feel like getting doubles of characters. I guess if you want another one for games that write onto the amiibo, it could be an easier way of knowing which is which, but right now, I'm content with SSB Mario and don't feel the need to get another one but in a different pose.

Popnbake

I wonder if Mario Kart 8 are going to get second batch of Amiibo costumes along with 2nd DLC Bundle?

I could imagine that Ness could be a part of it as well.

I'm surprised they have not announced an Amiibo line for MK yet.

But a second batch of costumes with the next DLC is a good bet.

Horohoro

Ah sorry, forgot I didn't post in here (tweeted it). But basically, this wasn't for my cancer. Was a physical check up. The cancer/chemo did a number on my body. So they wanted to make sure things were on track. Basically, I'm good. Just have to start working out (muscle atrophy, gain weight, get on a good diet to get the proper vitamins).

Chemo basically tanked my system. So I just have to work myself back up and get everything equalized again. So basically, everything is normal and par the course. Nothing serious or out of the ordinary.

:)

Glad to hear it! :) Hope you can enjoy the gaining weight part! I gotta go the other way myself lol. Getting there though eating 1600calories per day losing 250+ to excercise and then sleeping at a bit over 1800 so after about 2 weeks of that I'm down a couple pounds already.

I'm not in any rush though ;) no point in bulking up that quickly.

Mononoke

Banned
welp just got an email from Best Buy saying we may not get Fox. That sucks :(

Well I got you covered. Like I said, I got two extra Fox from Walmart. I don't intend on keeping either, or selling them. Got them purely for this community. So let me know. Well shit, hopefully Walmart doesn't cancel on me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom