• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Uncharted movie starring Tom Holland (Drake) and Bryan Cranston (Sully)

bruceCampbell.jpg

Now this would be fucking amazing and save game movies forever.

What does this even mean? The Last Jedi was the best SW movie since RotJ. That's not saying much, but it was the first movie that tried to escape the massive shadow that the originals casted over everything. I'm quite unhappy that JJ Abrams is in charge of the 3rd one since I'm convinced he's just going to copy ROTJ and ruin the good stuff that Rian Johnson did.

Real movie critics praised it almost universally and SW dorks whined about it and all it "taught" me was that SW dorks are insane and will never like any movie that any comes out because it doesn't reference all the stupid EU events they want, address some obscure backstory of a character no one cares about, or have cameos for all the awful fanservice they want. Screw Star Wars fans. I like the movies but they're the worst fanbase ever and they'll never ever be happy. Wouldn't even know good art if it slapped them in the face. If SW dorks made movies, they'd be the worst things we've ever seen.

I really appreciate the laugh. I was having a shitty day.

Belmonte

I find unnecessary to make an Uncharted movie and Tom Holland is a weird pick for Drake. But Cranston has the charisma and the looks to make a great Sully. The character is a experienced criminal/crook with a hidden good heart. Cranston can easily go from sweet/comic relief (lots of experience with this) to dangerous (since he is the one who knocks). Sully is somewhere in the middle.

INC

I really appreciate the laugh. I was having a shitty day.

Agreed, the last jedi is a horrific film, basically took all the decent plot point and murdered them, took the best new character (KR) and turned him into a little bitch

The last jedi is the season of 8 of GoT of the SW series so far

Even mark Hamil tried to warn everyone it was horrific, critics liked it.........guess that paycheck didnt bounce

Dibils2k

i love how much people are linking the quality of a movie on casting... they literally have nothing in common. I understand not wanting a young drake movie but who plays young drake literally has no baring on the story

Ben Affleck was an amazing batman, but Batman V Superman and JL were a piece of shit

danielberg

Neophyte
Have you seen Nathan Fillian recently? The guys lost a lot of weight and looks...… DAMN GOOD. As in, I saw a pic of him and thought it was his Firefly days, good. He will always be my go to choice for Nate, IMO.

ifSHkIs.jpg

Its fucking stupid how long they wasted time for a uncharted movie while this literal nathan drake looking fucker ages away.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Why do we need an Uncharted movie when the games are already movies?

And why do people still pretend that video game movies won't suck? Is it just sad, wishful thinking at this point?

The directors, writers and producers do not give two shits about people whining on social media about a movie announcement. Why? Because they know better than you. This is like a rocket scientist going to the internet for advice on how to build a rocket. Just because some internet dork made some half-assed movie with Fillion does not mean a multi-million-dollar movie has to follow suite.

Not to mention that people ALWAYS complain on social media about basically EVERY movie announcement, especially ones concerning dorky stuff like games and Star Wars. Someone complaining on social media would barely even be noticed since it's all the "boy who cried wolf" at this point.

Please don't encourage more whining on social media by casting an illusion that it works.

Are you arguing against yourself? Your point about director, writers, and producers knowing better than people on the internet criticising them (expert vs internet social deluded fan base) comes right after you saying we do not need a movie and that it will likely be shit/suck... ;).

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Pokemon, despite looking good in trailers couldn't be more than a moderate success and a mediocore movie. So I have zero hope for this to be great.

What a bad casting. They should have used Chris Hemsworth and Bruce Campbell. Bruce Campbell would make a perfect Sully. Basically, just use his character from Burn Notice.

I guess a prequel due tom so young and sully too?

We must appeal to muh millennials. I guarantee the antagonist is going to be an old white guy.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
the moment they picked holland i stopped taking this seriously. hes like 5 foot 6 and hes too young

This. The guy is a midget, can't grow into the roll either. Such a poor choice.

We already had the perfect Drake, not sure if it's been mentioned yet but if anyone hasn't seen it go watch Hooten & the Lady. I've rewatched it every year now, so criminal it never got a second season. But anyone that loves Uncharted go give it a watch right now.

hooten.jpg

prag16

Banned
Its fucking stupid how long they wasted time for a uncharted movie while this literal nathan drake looking fucker ages away.
Yep. It would have been (and still could be) a slam dunk; Fillion could still pull it off. But I guess that 'fan' film is all we'll get. :(

Holland was indeed a terrible choice. That said, Alden Ehrenreich turned out okay as Han Solo imo, but I think this is an even worse fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom