• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analogue NT mini announced - 1080P FGPA NES, $449, Jan 2017, aluminum unibody, 8Bitdo

Chittagong

Gold Member
I got my Nt Mini today, Analogue was kind enough to send one to me to try out. Will post an OT tomorrow.

Re: posting your order number. Just be aware that your order number will create a connection between your gaf alias and real life name / address.

Very positively surprised they hit January, exactly like they said they would.

My order number is closer to 2000 than 3000 but distance means five business days before I get it so that doesn't really mean much to me.

elmalloc

I've got a Kevtris Hidef kit modded NES 001 that is marvelous. I'm debating getting an NT Mini also, can someone convince me?!

Cynn

I want one of these really bad but the price has held me off. If it was a Genesis though... I'd already own one.

elmalloc

I want one of these really bad but the price has held me off. If it was a Genesis though... I'd already own one.

I modded the original Genesis (High definition audio) to have RGB output to an XRGB Mini Framemeister. Not bad, and perhaps good enough.

slammer

In this eBay auction for a Hi-Def NES there is a screenshot of SMB with FCEUX palette that looks like this:
H9seXF.jpg

There are also some twitter responses from Analogue, including this iPhone image from today of SMB (again with FCEUX palette) running on the original NT:
https://twitter.com/analogue_co/status/771446629446541312

CrS6np1UIAA0mPN.jpg

They also said "so we're working on adding even more color features. More palettes for sure and possibly fine RGB sliders/adjustment."

These two images look considerably different, which I guess supports the point that the TV, TV settings, and how the image is captured can make a big difference.

I actually own a Hi-Def NES which is installed in an AV Famicom. The sky in SMB looks purplish. BUT: when you try to take a photo of your screen, it will be blue on the photo (tried it with a OnePlus 3). So all these photos mean nothing. Anyway, the purple color is probably correct.

galvatron

Order number in the 2000s and tracking number estimates mine will arrive on WedNESday. Package shows up as 5lbs, which seems nuts to me...I've already got an AVS on a 1080p television so I'll report back on any notable differences between the systems and likely end up selling the loser of the taste test.

F34R

Order number in the 2000s and tracking number estimates mine will arrive on WedNESday. Package shows up as 5lbs, which seems nuts to me...I've already got an AVS on a 1080p television so I'll report back on any notable differences between the systems and likely end up selling the loser of the taste test.

Mine is scheduled to be here Thursday. :)

galvatron

So, I get garbled junk for video output when using NT Mini with the Super China EverDrive N8 I got from Ebay even with the latest NT firmware update...I'll write to them and let them know. Cart still works fine in the AVS.

Pretty great with the official carts I've tried, though. 5x scanlines look really nice.

Weevilone

So, I get garbled junk for video output when using NT Mini with the Super China EverDrive N8 I got from Ebay even with the latest NT firmware update...I'll write to them and let them know. Cart still works fine in the AVS.

Pretty great with the official carts I've tried, though. 5x scanlines look really nice.

So you wrote to let them know that Everdrive clones don't work in the unit using the FPGA designed by the guy who developed the actual Everdrive?

Was trying to set mine up last night, and I couldn't get it to output to my tv via hdmi. Tried several different cables without success. I suspect it might just be the particular tv, but haven't tested it on others yet. Anybody see similar problems?

slammer

So you wrote to let them know that Everdrive clones don't work in the unit using the FPGA designed by the guy who developed the actual Everdrive?

As far as I know the FPGA was created by Kevtris and the Everdrive by krikzz, nevertheless I'm not expecting a fix. Even the real Everdrive didn't work at first with the Hi-Def NES.

Garbled junk is often due to how the cartridge is seated in the cartridge slot. Trying cleaning, re-seating, etc.

FWIW, Nt mini works great with my official N8 cart. It's really nice to be able to restart the cart with a single button combo (with the AVS I need to reset to the main menu and then relaunch the cart every time I want to switch games)

Weevilone

As far as I know the FPGA was created by Kevtris and the Everdrive by krikzz, nevertheless I'm not expecting a fix. Even the real Everdrive didn't work at first with the Hi-Def NES.

You are correct, thanks for setting me straight. They have claimed the legit Everdrive is compatible, but I'll be surprised if they work to get it going with clone hardware. There are quite a lot of stories I've read where that unit is problematic.

You are correct, thanks for setting me straight. They have claimed the legit Everdrive is compatible, but I'll be surprised if they work to get it going with clone hardware. There are quite a lot of stories I've read where that unit is problematic.

There were some issues with the Everdrive and the original Nt. With the Nt mini they have full control over the hardware and as a result should have a much easier time addressing issues. They claim the Everdrive should already be 100% compatible with the Nt mini and from what I've seen this is accurate. The one I purchased from Stone Age Gamer is working flawlessly.

Those of you who already have the Nt Mini, what size is it? My entertainment center is a little bit cramped, and the frontloading NES will just barely fit if it isn't plugged in, but the AV cables just make it too wide. I measured it at 10" wide, and am hoping that the Nt Mini will be about that size or smaller, but can't find measurements or size comparisons anywhere - Google and Reddit couldn't help either. Does anyone on here know the dimensions of the Nt Mini, or have a picture of a size comparison between the frontloading NES and the Nt Mini?

Those of you who already have the Nt Mini, what size is it? My entertainment center is a little bit cramped, and the frontloading NES will just barely fit if it isn't plugged in, but the AV cables just make it too wide. I measured it at 10" wide, and am hoping that the Nt Mini will be about that size or smaller, but can't find measurements or size comparisons anywhere - Google and Reddit couldn't help either. Does anyone on here know the dimensions of the Nt Mini, or have a picture of a size comparison between the frontloading NES and the Nt Mini?

The Nt Mini is under 9" wide so you should be good. Also, all the cables come out the front/rear.

Top Bottom