• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And the NeoGAF Game of the Generation is...

Dorohedoro

Very well deserved. Just a phenomenal game from top to bottom. Expectations will be through the roof for TW4 lol.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
KQOHvWT.jpg

FINAL BRACKETS

x57iyV8.jpg

ORIGINAL TOURNAMENT THREAD

Thanks to all who participated!
Great job OP. It's was surely some heated debates and campaigning going on. Lotta fun.

Starfield

Nice top 3.
Would have preferred for Bloodborne to take the win but I'm fine with The Witcher too.

Thx Op for the the whole competition. It was fun voting on the various matchups and we actually got some fun threads with discussions (and fights) instead of just a big thread with everyone posting lists.

SHdJK1l.jpg
You must be really bad at getting jokes

• Triggered
Reactions: Fbh

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Great, a game I couldn't force myself to finish. Bloodborne was robbed, if it was only every platform this would not be close.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm sure a lot of hard work went into this and I'm not particularly surprised or in any way offended by the top 3 but....

It's be interesting to see whether the result would be different if everyone posted their top 20 (maximum) list - 20 points for your number 1 game, 19 points for your number 2 game etc. and we then tallied up all of the points.

Hugare

Best game won

Was thinking about starting my 4th playthrough just yesterday

Next gen patch next year will be one of the main reasons why I'll get a PS5, I shit you not

One of the best games ever developed, hands down

kyussman

I'll comfort myself with the fact that Bloodborne has surely won many GOTG awards across the various alternate multiverses,lol.........seriously though,it's hard to argue against The Witcher III,it was an incredible achievement.

Bragr

Banned
Generally a surprisingly good list, it's a shame it skipped past some of the bigger games, but it's better than I expected.

Some odd anomalies, I expected Bloodborne to be pushed high up because kids think it's a god game because it's the only From Software game they played and they wanna brag, but didn't expect it to hit that high.

FF7 Remake is also oddly high, but seeing games like MGS V, Nier: Automata, Red Dead 2 and Persona hit the list hard, is good to see.

gow3isben

Bloodborne and BoTW a shit

GOW should be 2 and Uncharted 4 3

The right game won though so cheers

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Projected winner*

Guess I need to get around to playing Witcher 3.

So many shitty tiers and apples to pomegranate comparison brackets, thank the fuck all these threads will stop.

The Witcher 3 and Breath of the Wild, both have trash combat, the combat in Breath of the Wild is better. The stories of The Witcher 3 are better.

Nintendo pissed away so many opportunities for great flavor text of interesting sites in Breath of the Wild.

Link the autistic cuck who can't talk to women... I think I know why the game is so popular.

Damn dude tell us how you really feel.

Moving on from the winner for a second...

S8eNNxk.png

Man...seeing it laid out like this: How the fuck did this happen? When The Outer Worlds was announced, I never would have believed it would turn out like this.

And I don't mean the result; I would have voted for Fallout as well. Almost a year later, and very little about my time spent playing TOW stands out to me at all. Not a bad game, but just a ho-hum experience all around. I expected so much more from the talent behind it.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Just how many times can Bloodborne get robbed?

(just played BB up to Cleric Beast and couldn’t suffer more than 2 hours in TW3, but BOTW being second is OK)

trikster40

Glad it was anything but BotW. I voted against it every bracket. I asked Biden if I could borrow Dominion but got shot down. Otherwise, it would have been out first round.

lefty1117

Gold Member
I don't see how in the world Half Life: Alyx beats out Death Stranding; but other than that I don't see much I can disagree with. It's all subjective anyway but definitely an interesting thing to see. Nice job OP

The problem with witcher 3 winning is weapon breakage. When u hit monsters with both your steel and silver weapon they lose durability and break and you have to repair them, it totally ruins the whole game. Why can't I have one badass sword that kills all the monsters in one hit?

Top Bottom