• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

aravuus

Also Punch Club for a more long term style of game.

Is it purely a management game, or do you actually FIGHT yourself, too? 5 euros is pretty steep, and I'm not interested in playing action games on a touch screen. But if it's purely management and your dude is more or less AI controlled in fights, I might give it a try.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Is it purely a management game, or do you actually FIGHT yourself, too? 5 euros is pretty steep, and I'm not interested in playing action games on a touch screen. But if it's purely management and your dude is more or less AI controlled in fights, I might give it a try.

AI controlled fights. You're basically managing/training him, building his stats, and picking the moves he uses. Then you send him into battle and it's AI controlled from there.

Neogy

Neo Member
I have been making a small silly game lately about clicking pens. It all started with my own personal pen clicking habits becoming too much. I was constantly *click* *click* *click*.

I thought I couldnt be the only one who has this obsession, so why not make a game out of it. Pen Clicker Fury is the name and basically you touch the screen to click the pen. You can used the gathered "Clicks" to buy new and better pens which give more clicks or have special abilities. Also I made a leaderboard so people can compete and see who is the most obessed pen clicker.

I am submitting Pen Clicker Fury to apple today and it is ready to launch on google. I hope people will find it a fun and silly little game. Here is a couple of pictures. =)

What are your thoughts on this type of small casual clicker games?

SdIHMnUm.png
xaOLsyem.png
5J5omaAm.png

Also personally I have been playing alot of Stack and Epic Flail lately.

Kikorin

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but my Galaxy S3 starts to be really old now, and even if with Cyanogen 12 and android 5.1.1 is still pretty usable, I would like to try something new.

I was especially looking at the chinese smartphones like Xiaomi or Huawei, because I don't want to spent 600 and more € for a device like Galaxy S7 (that it's awesome, I've traied it ad Mediawolrld and... Daaamn). Anyway, also the LG is dropped in price a lot, what do you reccomend? Thanks :)

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but my Galaxy S3 starts to be really old now, and even if with Cyanogen 12 and android 5.1.1 is still pretty usable, I would like to try something new.

I was especially looking at the chinese smartphones like Xiaomi or Huawei, because I don't want to spent 600 and more € for a device like Galaxy S7 (that it's awesome, I've traied it ad Mediawolrld and... Daaamn). Anyway, also the LG is dropped in price a lot, what do you reccomend? Thanks :)
You might get more help in the main Android thread.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tt2kgames.BorderlandsTPS&utm_source=nvidia&utm_medium=shieldhubweb&utm_content=detail

For those that have an Nvidia Shield TV; Borderlands the pre-sequel hit a few hours ago with the full Google play games featureset.
I wish they'd release an updated Nvidia Shield Portable, it's lame that stuff like this and some other Shield exclusive games don't run in it (like Half Life Episode 1+2, but the main game works).

diaspora

Do pocketable controller cases exist for Android devices? Something like a slider or a controller case. I've been searching all over and the best I could find is a failed kickstarter. All the other options are essentially full-sized console controllers which is ridiculous for portability.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Exploding Kittens is now on Android.

$1.99 with IAP

I've heard good things about the physical card game. I believe it's multiplayer only.

In the admittedly short amount of time I played it on iOS it didn't seem to have much depth. I think with this sort of game you're supposed to be playing it with friends in person and doing it on your own with online opponents makes the whole thing seem very empty. Rounds are also relatively short with little variety. Maybe it just didn't click with me though.

louiedog

The Lifeline series games are 10 cents each right now.

I've heard very good things about these but haven't played them myself. Amazon gave out the first one a little while ago, but for the equivalent of a 15 second survey I'd rather have it on Google Play.

omg_mjd

KOTOR on sale for $3. Lego Star Wars TCS for $1. Is the Lego game good? Is it a port or its own thing?

Is it worth 5€? Didn't hear that many great things about it.

Playing it made me realize how awful it would be to be a video game protagonist in the GoT universe. Tales from the Borderlands was far better.

DagsJT

KOTOR on sale for $3. Lego Star Wars TCS for $1. Is the Lego game good? Is it a port or its own thing?

Playing it made me realize how awful it would be to be a video game protagonist in the GoT universe. Tales from the Borderlands was far better.

I think KOTOR is still free on Amazon Underground.

I decided to skip GOT and bought Star Wars. It is a port of the console version and includes Lego Star Wars I and II.

neonglow

Is there a list somewhere that shows the most popular/best premium games of this year or last year? I want to check out more Android games and preferably those that work on Android TV.

Aralon Forge and Flame on sale for $1.

Looks interesting, gonna check it out. Same dev that did Reaper which had a wonderful art style.
Not sure how it is on Android, but on IOS, it has the same structure as Reaper. Free download, with different priced full game unlocks.

omg_mjd

Star Knight is still on sale for $1. It's a beautiful and challenging 2D action platformer. Enjoying it so far.

Not sure how it is on Android, but on IOS, it has the same structure as Reaper. Free download, with different priced full game unlocks.

I tried out Redcon and yup it has 3 levels of game unlocks, no recurring microtransactions. The game itself is pretty good. I'm deciding whether to buy the basic game or if I also want the extras.

New mobile bundle is up:
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

Humble Mobile Bundle 18
$1 tier:
Freeze! 2 - Brothers
Evoland
Adventures of Poco Eco

BTA Tier:
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville
Broken Sword 5 Episode 1
Goat Simulator GoatZ
+ The Beggar's Ride
Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary

$7 Tier:
Broken Sword 5 Episode 2
This War of Mine

Benedict

Bought it for Rebuild 3 and This War of Mine, everything else is bonus.
Rebuild will work on my budget tablet but probably not TWoM.
Seriously considering swapping my iPhone to an android next time I upgrade.
Have a iPhone 5 that crashes several times a day. Thought I could wait until iPhone 7 is released but am a bit tired of the costly prices.

My work phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 but I probably can't install the HB app because of restrictions.

Top Bottom