• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome all.

First we remember the all important cycle:

Ssm4gPl.png

The one commandment:

kRmuY4q.jpg

Feast your eyes on the future of Android and technology:

Google presents:

w1dgN0g.png

And remember.....Android phones might have shitty battery life but we keep on rocking.

WHFV9ex.jpg

* Bonus * Wall of Great Shame and Shattered Dreams:

Think I'm going to take the iWay this year. The only Android phone that looks appealing this year is the Nexus 5.2 but if I'm spending $400 for one I think I'd rather pay out my contract and upgrade to a 6S. Although at that point I'll be spending $600 after going 64GB and a warranty.

Think I'm going to take the iWay this year. The only Android phone that looks appealing this year is the Nexus 5.2 but if I'm spending $400 for one I think I'd rather pay out my contract and upgrade to a 6S. Although at that point I'll be spending $600 after going 64GB and a warranty.
get a nexus 5-2 this year and if you're unhappy sell it and get on the iphone 7 next year. I'm a bigger fan of the 4-5-6-7 cycle than the 4s-5s-6s-7s.

Still can't wait for the Nexus 5-2. At least with that coming out, I'll know if I want that or the Moto X Pure though.
One of them is a size made for humans, runs stock and will get updates faster, has a fingerprint scanner, and has type C.

The other is made by motorola. The choice is clear bretherin.

One of them is a size made for humans, runs stock and will get updates faster, has a fingerprint scanner, and has type C.

The other is made by motorola. The choice is clear bretherin.

Oh I know I have my mind set on the Nexus 5-2, but as a backup if something goes real wrong with the Nexus, I'll go for the Pure, that's all. A fallback.

So we all know it's a foregone conclusion that the nexus 5-2 will be the phone of the year for everyone but what's everyone looking forward to in 2016?

I'm curious to see what samsung does with the S7 given the S6's failures and I'm also interested in motorola's phones as they will probably have fingerprint scanners and whatnot by this time next year.

XBP

Op, Just like the last thread you didn't fix 'reviews slam the game' in the last picture. :S

So we all know it's a foregone conclusion that the nexus 5-2 will be the phone of the year for everyone but what's everyone looking forward to in 2016?

I'm curious to see what samsung does with the S7 given the S6's failures and I'm also interested in motorola's phones as they will probably have fingerprint scanners and whatnot by this time next year.

you meant 6S+ right?

My issue is that I'm looking for performance more than anything, specifically with web browsing. Being able to run emulator games well is a bonus (not really hard to pull off) with the exception of Dolphin. Lastly, the battery life was the next important factor for me. It's really a shame that no one wants to even try anymore on the Android tablet land. I would honestly just buy a Z3 Compact Tablet at $300, but Sony seems to still be in another galaxy when it comes to pricing on their tablets.

It's not like I'm trying to even avoid the iPad, but to me, it's not worth the $500 I'd have to pay for a 64 GB if I happen to find it on sale - even with the multitasking. At that point it's better it just shell out for a Surface 3 for superior performance in flexibility in... everything.

I am in the same boat right now. Have been waiting forever for an updated Note 10.1. Why no Xperia Z4 tablet in USA, Sony?

Fatalah

...Why can't we have a serious first post? The Sonic Cycle thing has always been super lame-o.

LLShC.gif

We deserve nice things!

Husker86

No matter the continuous lacking of something, I am never leaving the Nexus train again
for at least a year

The GS6 hasn't been a bad phone, but aside from the fingerprint reader, I don't see why I stopped using my Nexus 5.

Lollipop holds a lot of blame, I'm sure, but that coupled with AT&T being slow as shit to get the GS6 off of 5.0.2, I'm just done. Nexus from now on.

no one knows but the LG one is likely to be in the 300-400 range for base. Huawei nexus is going to carriers and will probably cost 500+.

oh shit. Hmm. Carrier support?

I just got so excited over the Pure because it was the closest thing to stock that was available on Verizon...

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
No matter the continuous lacking of something, I am never leaving the Nexus train again
for at least a year

The GS6 hasn't been a bad phone, but aside from the fingerprint reader, I don't see why I stopped using my Nexus 5.

Lollipop holds a lot of blame, I'm sure, but that coupled with AT&T being slow as shit to get the GS6 off of 5.0.2, I'm just done. Nexus from now on.

I'm with you, except that a great camera is huge for me, so the moto pure is still in the running until nexus phones come out with good cameras.

clav

for at least a year

If desktop/laptop OSes had Android's update system, they would be all screwed.

Nexus only. I'm done, too, and I have only owned one Android phone.

Husker86

Do the pictures have a pink hue when taken in the dark?

Not that I recall, but I'm just going off of memory.

Actually, pictures turn out really good when using flash in the dark, but without flash I don't remember there being a pink hue; I could be wrong, though.

The nexus 5 has ended up being a huge disappointment for me. The battery is terrible, the phone crashes constantly, and recently my microphone and speakers don't work unless you put pressure into bending the phone! It's almost enough to make a person go get an iPhone. But I'm addicted to my chromecast so I can't do that. Here's hoping LG's learned something about making lasting phones in the last 2 years.

VoxPop

The nexus 5 has ended up being a huge disappointment for me. The battery is terrible, the phone crashes constantly, and recently my microphone and speakers don't work unless you put pressure into bending the phone! It's almost enough to make a person go get an iPhone. But I'm addicted to my chromecast so I can't do that. Here's hoping LG's learned something about making lasting phones in the last 2 years.

Chromecast works perfectly fine with iPhone lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom