• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigoro

yo. i got a Moto G and this battery life is total shit. i think something is wrong though. it's saying Lolipop System UI is the top battery user.

this thing went from 68-28% in like 2 1/2 hours playing 3 games of Hearthstone and some light messaging.

gxz0pAi.png

i think im about to factory reset this fucker and see if that helps.

kami_sama

Like most things from Google, it probably works better on IPhone.
It's sad to see most Google apps have Tablet UI on iOS
yo. i got a Moto G and this battery life is total shit. i think something is wrong though. it's saying Lolipop System UI is the top battery user.

this thing went from 68-28% in like 2 1/2 hours playing 3 games of Hearthstone and some light messaging.

i think im about to factory reset this fucker and see if that helps.

Are you on 5.0 or 5.1? But yeah, most likely a factory reset will help you.

Also: Yay! New Thread!.

I want to see good pictures of the Nexus 5.2. I don't even really want to switch from my Nexus 5. The only good thing the 5.2 has over 5 is the battery, the rest is nonsense. Bigger screen is bullshit, fingerprint reader on the back is bullshit and screw the front facing speakers if they make the device that much taller. If I didn't have such a hard-on for wireless charging, I'd take a really hard look at the Xperia Z phones.

Kuros

I want to see good pictures of the Nexus 5.2. I don't even really want to switch from my Nexus 5. The only good thing the 5.2 has over 5 is the battery, the rest is nonsense. Bigger screen is bullshit, fingerprint reader on the back is bullshit and screw the front facing speakers if they make the device that much taller. If I didn't have such a hard-on for wireless charging, I'd take a really hard look at the Xperia Z phones.

The camera will be better surely. The n5 camera is slow and rubbish.

terrier

guys, any good & cheap wireless charging dock? i think i will buy this for my note 4

but i heard that there's a new Qi standard for faster wireless charging. Maybe should check that (to be future proof), if it is compatible of course

The camera will be better surely. The n5 camera is slow and rubbish.

After a year with the Nexus 5 camera and the downgrade it is from my old Lumia 920, it's like the battery. Anything is better.

guys, any good & cheap wireless charging dock? i think i will buy this for my note 4

but i heard that there's a new Qi standard for faster wireless charging. Maybe should check that (to be future proof), if it is compatible of course

You can get cheap charging plates and little pucks for 5-10 bucks on ebay. The new addition to the Qi charging standard is for charging through metal and quick charging. I'm not sure if any of the phones or plates support it yet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Heathens try out an OEM but always come crawling back to the Nexus. Repent, heathens!

How did I have 500 posts last OT

The only really good thing about Type C is the reversible connector and even that is for people without wireless charging and/or a good battery.

Anyway, new Huawei phones.

dClHLDe.jpg

Not original, but still looking good.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I need Marshmellow on my Zenpad already. This Lollipop launcher stinks.

Eanan

Just got a couple of oneplus two invites. Ewww

What should I do with them? Is there a giveaway yoke here? Modbot?

Also when you claim the invite, how long do you have to use it? As they're claim within 24 hours but I assume you have longer to actually buy the phone?

Has anyone here got an invite and can answer that please?

hey i heard this is where the hot Nexus's sisters stay
the hottest

fingerprint sensor on the back is better than no fingerprint sensor

edit: here are pics of a huawei nexus case:

Bboy AJ

Wait, I thought you were a Nexus 10 bro.
Not anymore. But the N10 was the best mobile device purchase since forever. It lasted like three plus years.

Hattori

Banned

Processor: Snapdragon 808
Memory: 3GB RAM / 32 GB onboard / 100 GB online
Screen: 5.2” IPS LCD 1080p
Rear Camera: 13MP with phase detection autofocus, dual tone flash
Front camera: 5MP
Battery: 2680 mAh
Dual front facing stereo speakers
Fingerprint sensor
NFC
Quick charging
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
GSM 850/900/1800/1900
WCDMA 850/900/1800/1900/2100
LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/28

g0tm1lk

Fingerprint sensor
NFC
Quick charging
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
GSM 850/900/1800/1900

LOL

Fingerprint sensor
NFC
Quick charging
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
GSM 850/900/1800/1900

Price?

It shares many of the same specs as the new Nexus 5.

Fingerprint sensor
NFC
Quick charging
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
GSM 850/900/1800/1900
That phone has Cyanogen instead of regular Android with/without Skin? Pass then ... still too buggy. Plus Cynogen devs take forever to release a new system update sometimes ...

But that battery makes the rumored N5-2 ones look really generous! ... But why that strange mAh number?

Mindwipe

That's a very attractive handset, shame it's CM and so big.

EDIT: Ohhh, this is the one with the stupid cloud storage idea thing rather than actual storage isn't it? Never mind then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom