• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor: Snapdragon 808
Memory: 3GB RAM / 32 GB onboard / 100 GB online
Screen: 5.2” IPS LCD 1080p
Rear Camera: 13MP with phase detection autofocus, dual tone flash
Front camera: 5MP
Battery: 2680 mAh
Dual front facing stereo speakers
Fingerprint sensor
NFC
Quick charging
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
GSM 850/900/1800/1900
WCDMA 850/900/1800/1900/2100
LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/28

Not available until January/February? Worthless.

HawkeyeIC

Still no Lollipop update for my son's 2013 Verizon Wireless Moto X. Wasn't it supposed to come out a while ago?

Moto screwed it up on AT&T and went back to the drawing board. I wouldn't hold your breath at this point, and you're probably better off without it.

Fingerprint sensor
NFC
Quick charging
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
GSM 850/900/1800/1900

It's everyone's dream phone....too bad it'll fade into obscurity.

tAGLOEx.jpg

I'm not sure if full black or silver, but definitely with a steel band.

holy shit lol

That Nexus-like update speed.

Have fun with those full price phones.

I'm still trying to decide if we should move to the recently announced Verizon Plan, or stick with our current one. With my wife's iPhone 5S and my son's 2013 Moto X both getting pretty old, I think sticking with the old plan until they both get the subsidized upgrade is the way to go.

Fingerprint sensor
NFC
Quick charging
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
GSM 850/900/1800/1900

way too boxy.

you could cut somebody with that damn shit

Saiyan-Rox

tAGLOEx.jpg

if it has NFC i'll probably grab one. seems they fixed most of the design flaws (Except the flat tire)

I'll need my Android Wear to be NFC as I believe you can use it for android pay?

Maiar_m

That nextbit phone is doa. Snapdragon 820 devices will be on the market by the time it ships.

I don't think the base consumer, the one that buys 90% of android phones, care one bit not should they. People shop their phone because they look nice, fit their hands and their budget, so that phone and its low budget and distinctive looks can work. Tech is only relevant to us grumpy tech fools.

Google: We need a new logo
Agency: Alright. It's already done!

ivLP1hS.png

Google: Wow, that was quick. And it's perfect, we'll take it!
Agency: You're welcome. And believe us when we say that few millions for that is a steal!

Wreav

Banned
that is so terrible

somehow they managed to make it worse without the serifs, which are basically the devil

Nicktendo86

Well Moto tweeted and deleted 3rd September so perhaps the U.S. Pre orders tomorrow match with that? As I said earlier he UK site clove states it will release here in the 21st and another site I use got back to me to say they expect to have it by October so I say it is a pretty safe bet for late September for the UK.

I'm not getting this new trend of Kickstarter backed phones. How many budget devices full of compromises do we really need? Aren't One Plus and Nexus and all those Chinese devices enough?

I don't know why motorola is so against having the perfect device. Fingerprint scanner, type C, play sized battery. 5.5 inch or lower screen but 5.5 I think appeases all crowds as much as possible without getting too big/too small.

But no. They release one phone with questionable performance and great battery and one that is colossal, may have questionable battery, and is missing key features for late 2015.

Motorola so close. Maybe next year will be the year.

Google: We need a new logo
Agency: Alright. It's already done!

ivLP1hS.png

Google: Wow, that was quick. And it's perfect, we'll take it!
Agency: You're welcome. And believe us when we say that few millions for that is a steal!

Said by someone who's clearly never been involved in logo design before.

reKon

Banned
Uhhhhh so I might may do this: http://slickdeals.net/f/8074428-tab...of-samsung-galaxy-tab-s2-best-buy#commentsBox

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) that runs smooth with no cracked screen, but the display looks all funky and disoriented with the color after I dropped it months ago. It's still usable though. I don't think I can sell this for more than $100 on Swappa..

Therefore, there's nothing I can do with it and I could trade it in and get $100 off the Galaxy Tab S 2.

I think I will wait on the reviews for this and will try to hop on this deal if the Galaxy Tab S 2 somehow offers better battery life than the Zenpad. I actually care about more than the 3 GB vs 4 Gb and USB C. My main concern is software updates and potential for future roms..

Performance wise, I think the Exynos 5433 will beat out the Z3580, and that's what I care about the most next to battery life and screen quality. Also, Geekbench score: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s2_97-review-1290p3.php. Plus, the Touchwiz ROM is the same that's on Galaxy S6 according to this to that GSMArena preview. Additionally, there's multiwindow, which will be probably the most important feature for me in a tablet.

But damn, if thing would have had a 7420 and at least 5000mAH, I think people would have been much more intrigued...

So what do you guys think?

$300 Asus Zenpad S 8 or $300 Galaxy S2 Tab?

People have posted that exact same post a billion times in logo redesign threads. It's pretty much always a naive, absurd point.

It's actually a dramatic change for their logo, and clearly a ton of time and effort went into the process. Even minor changes to logos can be a lengthy, expensive process.

hitgirl

Bahaha fuckin phones man.

Yesterday I was like I CAN'T TAKE THIS WINDOWS PHONE. And bought a Moto X off ebay for a stop gap phone. In the midst of Nexus 5-2 and Moto X Pure leaks / announcements. Probably worst time to buy a phone. But the thing is I need to wait a few months to see how things shake out. Moto X Pure is probably the choice since it works on Verizon, but I just need to wait until more info on the Nexus 5-2 is released as that's my first choice. So much shit in the air, as like will the Nexus 5-2 Googy sells work on Verizon (like the Moto X pure does). Who knows..

edit - I got a 30 day return on the Moto X. I think I should just return it, buy the Moto X Pure and sell it if the Nexus 5-2 is great. GOSH DAMMIT.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
tAGLOEx.jpg

What's the difference between the first and last silver ones? Original 360 was weird looking and felt bulky because of the lack of lugs. The new styling is much nicer, and if there are smaller options too that could tempt me to update from my GWR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom