• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

rc213

seems like ZTE representatives confirmed they are working with CM folks on getting CM properly on the axon 7.

https://community.zteusa.com/message/53450#comment-53450

wording is a bit cryptic as usual, but seems like good news.

Someone from ZTE goes into more detail as the thread goes on. I'm not going to lie I picked this phone up as a stopgap because my sister smashed her Nexus 6 so i gave her my 6P.

But if they continue with the support i might keep it.

Supposedly these are the front-panels for Pixel/Pixel XL.
CshNLPAWYAEXuM9.jpg

Jeffrey

I still dont' get why google is so against capicitive or physical face buttons now.

helps against image retention of AMOLED panels, also gives you that little screen real estate back.

I still dont' get why google is so against capicitive or physical face buttons now.

helps against image retention of AMOLED panels, also gives you that little screen real estate back.

Yep, huge fan of capactive buttons. If you are going to have the bezel atleast make it have capacitive buttons.

longdi

Banned
Not sure if its the aug16 update or by disabling chrome, my s7e standby battery life has been crazy good, like 2% drop in 8 hrs overnight!

Samsung users , you can try disable the shitty chrome browser and see if it works better for you...

kami_sama

Compared to last year's nexii, the new ones seem lackluster. No stereo front facing speakers (in the XL case), worse bezels, real life performance will be around the same, and the pricing will be worse.

Only redeeming quality is the (supposedly) better battery life (808/810 vs 820), and daydream.

Also, if my OP2 can have buttons instead of a blank bottom bezel, so can these.

And people thought last year was a skip year. These Pixel phones are a HARD pass, short of some major secret sauce that they have somehow kept from leaking.

Orbis

Got the same issue with the Galaxy S7. Decided not to put one on, because it's too much of a hassle. No case either, because there isn't a good looking one.
I also decided to skip on a screen protector for the S7 Edge. Very happy I did because I've had it since launch and no scratches, just lovely smooth glass. Also tried the Gear VR again last week, no sign of 'micro scratches' anywhere. Pretty sure I'll never buy another screen protector, assuming glass remains as good as this.

No Love

Banned
Not sure if its the aug16 update or by disabling chrome, my s7e standby battery life has been crazy good, like 2% drop in 8 hrs overnight!

Samsung users , you can try disable the shitty chrome browser and see if it works better for you...

Chrome is a known buggy battery hog on S7's, not sure when Samsung will fix that bug.

kaiyo

In terms of battery life, which one performs better: Xperia Z5 Premium or S7?

I'm getting sick of Samsung phones. I'm on my 3rd Samsung phone in a row and battery life is awful after a year of use. If the situation is different with the S7, I might go for it. I'm really tempted to try Sony, though.

(If the Xperia X Performance is a better alternative, let me know.)

Thanks!

You should get the X performance or the XZ. The battery they have should give it a better life span by using smarter charging so it won't crap out on you in a year or 2. the X Performance has a 2700 mAh vs XZ's 2900 mAh.

I'm pretty sure the fingerprint sensor is only disabled in the USA via software, you can easily flash to a different region firmware to get the fingerprint sensor.

I'm planning on getting the XZ, have to import since it doesn't seem to be releasing in Canada. Tho they have a preorder bonus in the UK where you get the Sony MDRX950BT headphones.

Physical buttons on the front of phones is so 1902, why the pixel phones have that wasted space at the bottom and not another speaker

Sounds like Allo is possibly dropping on the 20th/21st based off of the Co-Lead dropping hints on Twitter and some people on Reddit speculating about it. The 20th is a Tuesday and the second to last day of Summer. The 21st they are holding a Nougat event in France.

new leak show buttons on the bottom in pixel muhahaha if that is true.

Cool story bro.

There is absolutely zero reason to believe this considering the phone has already been seen in the wild and Google's is building the ability to customize the software nav.

Sounds like Allo is possibly dropping on the 20th/21st based off of the Co-Lead dropping hints on Twitter and some people on Reddit speculating about it. The 20th is a Tuesday and the second to last day of Summer. The 21st they are holding a Nougat event in France.

Seems like it could be legit after reading his hint. Thanks for the info.

Does it have SMS integration?

rc213

With all the rumors they are really going to have to pull some magic features not found in other phones. Cause the price, going down to 5.5, losing dual speakers, dat chin, 32/128gb only. The price was a big factor in going Nexus while sacrificing certain features was doable.

I've been looking at the LG v20 and it's quite an interesting device from the previews rumored to be $600-700 same as Pixel. Dual cameras, removable battery, camera software is amazing, second screen, quad dac, 5.7 display.

No Love

Banned
With all the rumors they are really going to have to pull some magic features not found in other phones. Cause the price, going down to 5.5, losing dual speakers, dat chin, 32/128gb only. The price was a big factor in going Nexus while sacrificing certain features was doable.

I've been looking at the LG v20 and it's quite an interesting device from the previews rumored to be $600-700 same as Pixel. Dual cameras, removable battery, camera software is amazing, second screen, quad dac, 5.7 display.

LG V20 looks like it's going to stomp Pixel(s) in every category. I'm going to pick one up and if it's better than my Axon 7, Axon 7 go bye bye. Should be an interesting matchup.

LG V20 looks like it's going to stomp Pixel(s) in every category. I'm going to pick one up and if it's better than my Axon 7, Axon 7 go bye bye. Should be an interesting matchup.

Yeah no.

Worse software and updates. Slower processor with no hardware level VR.

Maybe even worse battery life going by Android Police impressions of the V20.

Cool story bro.

There is absolutely zero reason to believe this considering the phone has already been seen in the wild and Google's is building the ability to customize the software nav.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/New-Pixel-Pixel-XL-renders-showcase-black-and-white-variants-cases-too_id85539

http://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_leaks_new_chipset_revision_android_71_us_version-news-20571.php

my mistake. i was hopeful they will correct the mistake before it happens.

Top Bottom