• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Saiyan-Rox

Pixel phone image leaks

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/19/non-blurry-photos-google-pixel-pixel-xl-leak/
nexus2cee_px1-1-728x650.jpg

DedValve

Banned
So I dusted off my moms old note 3 and it shits on my htc one m9 from a great height. Literally everything about this phone is superior to my HTC.

Its also on jellybean and I'm downloading lollipop because I love the new notification look. Did I just do a terrible thing?

I remember Lollipop destroying my Galaxy S4 (I think it was an S4, whatever had that ugly, pocketed matte back) making it slow and the battery drain super noticeable.

So I dusted off my moms old note 3 and it shits on my htc one m9 from a great height. Literally everything about this phone is superior to my HTC.

Its also on jellybean and I'm downloading lollipop because I love the new notification look. Did I just do a terrible thing?

I remember Lollipop destroying my Galaxy S4 (I think it was an S4, whatever had that ugly, pocketed matte back) making it slow and the battery drain super noticeable.

Its a Samsung. You probably just ruined the phone.

S5 had the ugly back.

wilflare

Lollipop wasn't good on the Note3 I think.
I'm thinking of installing a custom rom on it - Marshmallow would be really nice on it I presume

this_guy

So I just saw a commercial for the Pixel from Google coming Oct 4 while watching Gotham. Looks like they're going to throw some marketing behind it.

Sorry I didn't screenshot or record it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
That looks with the physical home button sorta like a Galaxy device.

Idk I feel like people who bought a flagship phones back in Spring made out like a bandit this year. They basically got to use their phone for a good part of the year for the same price as a Nexus.

Basically if you got a GS7 or HTC 10 you got the W this round.

teiresias

I swear, at this point all the rumors are absolutely shitting on everything Google should be planning to talk about at this event they haven't announced yet. If they don't want the train of negativity to get away from them they really need to get on the ball and just get this announcement out of the way.

Still, regardless of these phone's prices I just don't like their design, so I'm still stuck on 6P vs OP3. Is the 820 in the OP3 a big performance upgrade over the 810 performance of the 6P? I also like the size of the OP3 a little better. I'm just having a hard time going OP3 in my brain since I've been using a Nexus device recently.

this_guy

So just a date was shown with brand/logo?

Started with music in the background - that song from Guardians of the Galaxy - Come and Get Your Love. While that's playing an outline starts to form into a rectangle like a smartphone. I thought it was a commercial from Apple for the new iPhone 7, but then the Google logo appeared with an Oct 4 date.

*Ah you found the YouTube video.

Vanillalite

Wife just saw that commercial and said wow it was the commercial that most had to do with nothing that she'd ever seen.

Way to go Googs. Really selling it to the masses. Smh

It was just aired on monday night football so thats a start.

They really needed it yesterday but maybe this was smarter to avoid the new apple commercials.

Nikodemos

I don't know why people still say this but it was already proven that the 810 in the HTC M9 was the same one everyone else received. The HTC M9 just wasn't throttled like crazy at launch.
If that's true then why isn't the 6P as shit as the M9 or the Z4 (a.k.a. Z3+)? The ones we have at work aren't overheating, battery draining p.o.s.-es like the other two. And they're definitely snappier than the HTC or Sony.

Basically if you got a GS7 or HTC 10 you got the W this round.
We have an HTC 10 in the office. We call it the hotplate. Bad phone.

rc213

Well I'm excited, It's going to be either Google blows me away with Pixel XL, LG v20 reviews well or I stick it out on the Axon 7 until these 2 drop a couple hundred in price.

If that's true then why isn't the 6P as shit as the M9 or the Z4 (a.k.a. Z3+)? The ones we have at work aren't overheating, battery draining p.o.s.-es like the other two. And they're definitely snappier than the HTC or Sony.

We have an HTC 10 in the office. We call it the hotplate. Bad phone.

I already posted a link explaining its the same chip on the M9. Different phones and their software are going to do a different job dealing with a crap processor. The 6P definitely has issues because of the 810 btw.

Hey Android Gaf, any FREE games you recommend (that are actually good)?

Go here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634971

Nikodemos

I already posted a link explaining its the same chip on the M9. Different phones and their software are going to do a different job dealing with a crap processor. The 6P definitely has issues because of the 810 btw.
All 810 phone have problems. Some however manage to get a semblance of performance out of it, without blistering the user's hands in the process.

Vanillalite

Big reason why that video sucks is the obvious.

It's not so much for the phone as it is an announcement of an announcement to try and generate hype cause they know everyone else already has their phones available.

It's like hey we are still here coming Oct 4th for our announcement. Don't forget us even if we are late to the 2016 party!!

Are the new non exploding ones out for sale? Or just exchanges?

only exchanges.

a random tidbit... they are sold out of the iPhone 7 Plus. not just the store, the company.

they have a decent amount of the iPhone 7 in stock, but the 7 Plus wait is "October' according to them.

two people came in asking about the 7 Plus in the ~60 minutes~ i was there.

SMALL PHONES ARE OVAAAAAAAAAA

Top Bottom