• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Verizon has announced it is rolling out an update to Galaxy Note 7 customers that has multiple effects. The new software version for this update is MMB29M.N930VVRS2APHE. It provides a visual indicator that shows whether or not the phone is safe for use. After the update, if you have a green battery indicator in the status bar, the always on display, and the power off menu, your device is fine.

http://phandroid.com/2016/09/20/note-7-update-verizon/

Justin Uberti (Google engineer for Duo/Allo) is straight trollling now:

Justin Uberti
‏@juberti
The release you've all been waiting for...

Duo 2 is rolling out this week, Android + iOS. Many important fixes - release notes coming soon.

Googy pls.

Edit: He also said yesterday that the September 21st date for Allo was wrong.

kinggroin

Banned
I'm all for cheaper phones, but I wouldn't go that cheap as a replacement unless needed.

So I got carried away.

Nexus 5X is the closest thing I can think of, but it's almost double the price of a 2GB Moto G 3rd gen and .2 inches bigger screen size than the poster wanted.

Or the Moto G4 Play.

Just make sure you get the 2GB of RAM version. 1GB of RAM is Android purgatory.

Or get this.

Man I'm really considering sticking with my Moto X pure this year. Axon looks good due to audio things. But I'll wait for a few kinks to be ironed out before jumping. I kind of want and don't want a flagship.

Saw this on Slickdeals, but looks like HTC might be sending out coupons to take $200 off the HTC 10 making it $400. God damn I would love to get one of those. ;_;
attachment.php

(Edit) Aww I think it is just for Canada.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Allo is launching tomorrow according to a local newspaper who had access to the preview version.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm still wondering what the morphing screen means. Maybe a tablet, too?

Jeffrey

Played with a 6p at best buy. It's a nicely built phone. Not sure how the pixel is more premium than this.

Like wth is a premium looking phone these days anyways when you can get Chinese phones with aluminum casing with finger print sensors for $100?

teiresias

Screen time is really that horrid on the 6P? I was leaning towards picking one up over a OP3 due to the horror stories I hear about OnePlus support if anything is wrong with the device, but I'm not sure I can deal with that ridiculously low amount of screen-on time.

Saw this on Slickdeals, but looks like HTC might be sending out coupons to take $200 off the HTC 10 making it $400. God damn I would love to get one of those. ;_;

(Edit) Aww I think it is just for Canada.

Does anyone have an extra code for this? I've been wanting to buy one of these.

Even $200 off it's like $799 Canadian. Who the fuck would buy an HTC 10 over an iPhone at that price?

And they still have the audacity to charge $10 shipping on an $800 phone lmfao.

Screen time is really that horrid on the 6P? I was leaning towards picking one up over a OP3 due to the horror stories I hear about OnePlus support if anything is wrong with the device, but I'm not sure I can deal with that ridiculously low amount of screen-on time.

Don't buy snapdragon 810 phones. Period.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I get 4h minimun with mid to high usage.

or just exchange it.

Software Update to Easily Identify New Galaxy Note7 Devices

Samsung also announced the rollout of a software update for new Note7 devices.

The software updates are being delivered in partnership with Carriers and will display a green battery icon on the status bar found on the top right hand of the screen. The green icon indicates that consumers have a new Galaxy Note7 with an unaffected battery.

Samsung and the U.S. CPSC have and continue to urge all consumers of Note7s sold prior to September 15 to power down their device. For those not heeding that advice or are still not aware of the recall notice, a software update will be pushed to all recalled devices. Once installed, users will be prompted with a safety notice that urges owners to power down and exchange their recalled device. The notice will appear every time a user powers up or charges their device.
http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/...ll-update-firmware-update-green-battery-icon/

wilflare

I get 4h minimun with mid to high usage.

my SOT is 3hrs - but I do quite a bit of IM (WhatsApp, Telegram) and Chrome so that may factor in. Chrome is quite a battery hog too.

People who have flashed custom kernel seemed to have gotten much better SOT though
- it is probably the 810 as mentioned

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
my SOT is 3hrs - but I do quite a bit of IM (WhatsApp, Telegram) and Chrome so that may factor in. Chrome is quite a battery hog too.

People who have flashed custom kernel seemed to have gotten much better SOT though
- it is probably the 810 as mentioned
I do use Firefox as my web browser. I'm also using the ElementalX kernel but I was already getting 4h of SOT before installing it.

Top Bottom