• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Dont...-only-Asian-ones-will-get-Hi-Fi-audio_id91432

RoyPlease.png

lawdjspel.png

you can't be serious, LG

Mokubba

?

Reuse what? The Premium is the only one we have rumored specs on and compared to the last Premium it has some notable spec bumps:

- The 4k display should support hdr so it's a new screen
- The camera should be the new sensor Sony just unveiled with built in DRAM so it can take extremely fast shot and do slow mo at 960 fps
- The phone should be running Snapdragon 835 so the latest processor
- It seems even mid range units will get 64GB of storage so the Premium should get the same or more. Plus either 4 or 6 gigs of RAM depending on the leaked rumors

And we'll have to wait and see what else it might have. Based on the pic tho it has a headphone jack, stereo front speakers, a camera shutter button and will likely be waterproof. If it's like previous Xperias it should still support expandable storage.

The XZ premium will be my next phone if those specs are true.
Top and bottom bezels don't matter to me. Only the side ones.

I won't like though, the Xiamoi mi mix is a beauty though.

Dammit no P10 for the USA. The Honor 9 better be the P10 but better.
are you sure? Didn't it clear the FCC recently? And it's 100% coming to canada so no reason it can't come to the usa as well.

They haven't mentioned Canada either. Seems like they only revealed first wave launches which is mostly europe but it's coming to Canada in June. I'd expect the same for the USA give or take.

are you sure? Didn't it clear the FCC recently? And it's 100% coming to canada so no reason it can't come to the usa as well.

They haven't mentioned Canada either. Seems like they only revealed first wave launches which is mostly europe but it's coming to Canada in June. I'd expect the same for the USA give or take.

As far as I have seen it isn't. I hope I'm wrong and would love a source that says it is.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
G6 also highlights the problem of yes chips are fast enough so you don't need the latest chip per say.

Yet people aren't gonna pay high pricing if it isn't.

Laekon

Any thoughts on how long it will be until the P10 will be on Amazon in the US? I'd really like that to be my next phone but don't want to keep my 5X for much longer.

clav

Did they upgrade the SoC on the Nokia 6 cos I am seeing Snapdragon 430 for the Nokia 6?
Don't know. Just looking at what's buzzing at the moment.

430 would match the Moto g5, which replaces the Moto g4 play. The only thing remarkable is its manufacturing process is 14nm along with a number of LTE bands.

You might be right on power, so it's a low end phone.

Still won't dismiss what Nokia has.

I follow low end stuff here since everyone else posts high end.

Wag

Well, my Nexus 5 finally died yesterday. SIM card only works a few minutes at a time, then I have to eject and reinsert it. Even a data reset and removing the battery didn't help.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829-4GB-64GB-Smartphone---Gray-376308.html

So it's time for a new phone. $200 is my budget right now. Was looking at the Le Max 2 X829. Any thoughts on this? And what's the difference between the X829 and earlier versions? Apparently it will work on my carrier in the US (Straight Talk/ATT).

clav

Might be interested in the 3310 if it supports LTE bands.

So the Nokia 6 and 5 are the same. Difference is build quality.

No word on whether Nokia will sell these phones in the USA.

Laekon

The Verge has their normal shitty hand-on with the P10 up. Love how they say Huawei no has features like the iPhone when they had them first and even better implemented. They say price is going to be 650 & 700 euros for the regular and plus. They also say the Plus is getting the larger aperture lens. The P10 seems to be exactly the same as the Mate 9. The fact the finger print sensor works as the home, back, and used app button is interesting.

Based on that I think I'm going to pick up an international S7. With the price around $470 now it seems to be the best upgrade to the 5X. The P9 or Honor 8 don't seem as good all around.

Jeffrey

Hmmm. I'm not really sure what the P10 plus is offering over the mate 9 pro which has a better battery and display.

Oh right. Leica selfie camera. 🤣

NeOak

Thinking on the KeyOne. Long battery life appeals to me.

So G6 is using a 821? I am surprised by this.

Samsung is getting all the SD835s that they can make.

The Verge has their normal shitty hand-on with the P10 up. Love how they say Huawei no has features like the iPhone when they had them first and even better implemented. They say price is going to be 650 & 700 euros for the regular and plus. They also say the Plus is getting the larger aperture lens. The P10 seems to be exactly the same as the Mate 9. The fact the finger print sensor works as the home, back, and used app button is interesting.

Based on that I think I'm going to pick up an international S7. With the price around $470 now it seems to be the best upgrade to the 5X. The P9 or Honor 8 don't seem as good all around.

Don't give them your clicks, man.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hmmm. I'm not really sure what the P10 plus is offering over the mate 9 pro which has a better battery and display.

Too Many Phones

Hawaii needs to get their shit in order and stop releasing the same phone in 10 different packages.

Laekon

The P10 Plus is a QHD display so isn't that considered better? It also has a larger aperture camera and more RAM. Neither of those actually make it better. I agree with everyone else about them having to many phones. Mate 9, P10, Honor 8, and 6X would make a solid line up with more money available for marketing each one. Plus I would think they have make more profit.

Anyone think the G6 is going to have horrible battery life with a 3,300 battery and 5.7" screen?

Ty4on

Hopefully fixed with production models.

Moto z play is fairly smooth so as long as Blackberry doesn't completely fuck up the skinning it should be fine. Battery life should be insane as well.

Could be touch screen lag as well. I wish there was more testing of this. I think 100-200ms is sadly the norm on Android devices with some being even worse.

Jeffrey

The P10 Plus is a QHD display so isn't that considered better? It also has a larger aperture camera and more RAM. Neither of those actually make it better. I agree with everyone else about them having to many phones. Mate 9, P10, Honor 8, and 6X would make a solid line up with more money available for marketing each one. Plus I would think they have make more profit.

Anyone think the G6 is going to have horrible battery life with a 3,300 battery and 5.7" screen?
Mate 9 pro has a 2k amoled screen. Think the 128gb model also has 6 gb of ram like the P10 plus.

Mate 9 pro has a 2k amoled screen. Think the 128gb model also has 6 gb of ram like the P10 plus.
Dude, the Mate 9 Pro is basically a novelty item that selling for 1,000 EUR. I mean, it's cool, but unless money is no object for you it shouldn't really enter into the discussion. The P10 Plus (128GB+6GB RAM version) is going to retail for EUR 750 in my area, same price as the LG G6 and only 90 EUR more than the regular Mate 9. Compared to the Mate 9: higher res screen, better cameras and smaller size (and still with a hefty 3,750mah battery), exactly what I was looking for. So I guess Huawei's too many phones strategy worked out in one case, haha, because I'm pre-ordering it. Blue or black though...

Why make one good phone when you can produce three different variants all with features missing. Fucking LG. The G6 would actually be a very good device if they all had the quad DAC and Qi.

I was always more than satisfied with my g3 and V10,
Then they didn't bring the V20 to Europe and now the g6 is gelded but they still charge their premium price.
Guess that was the end of our relationship, LG. There are so many other good phones out there.

I was always more than satisfied with my g3 and V10,
Then they didn't bring the V20 to Europe and now the g6 is gelded but they still charge their premium price.
Guess that was the end of our relationship, LG. There are so many other good phones out there.
Yeah I had a G2 and G3, wanted the V20 but it was never available here (the V34, too, goddamn LG that phone is perfect, why Japan exclusive?!?) and today's G6 announcement is the final F U I'm gonna take as a European customer. The G6's estimated shipping date is mid April, too, so they're not even that serious about competing with Samsung anymore. By comparison, Huawei has already made the P10/Plus available at most local retailers for delivery in 2 weeks, with pre-order bonuses. So nice to have an OEM that is at least trying.

Yeah I had a G2 and G3, wanted the V20 but it was never available here (the V34, too, goddamn LG that phone is perfect, why Japan exclusive?!?) and today's G6 announcement is the final F U I'm gonna take as a European customer. The G6's estimated shipping date is mid April, too, so they're not even that serious about competing with Samsung anymore. By comparison, Huawei has already made the P10/Plus available at most local retailers for delivery in 2 weeks, with pre-order bonuses. So nice to have an OEM that is at least trying.

Lol the lg ship date is mid April? That's the same time as the s8.

EmiPrime

LG and Sony predictably doing a pretty crappy job keeping me away from the Apple godphone this year. One Plus and Google are the last hopes.

LG and Sony predictably doing a pretty crappy job keeping me away from the Apple godphone this year. One Plus and Google are the last hopes.
Yeah I'm really interested to see how oneplus keeps up. They can't release a better spec'd 3T. Radio silence on pixel 2 is a bit worrying but we'll see. I want it to be a hard decision come sept/oct but so far it's not seeming like it will be.

Only time will tell.

Top Bottom