• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Star Wars |OT| Best Selling Star Wars game ever.

iMilgFlQiU79h.png

Title: Angry Birds Star Wars
Developers: Rovio
Platforms:
ipzsRDfb4uu9v.png

Gameplay

It's Angry Birds + Angry Birds Space gameplay with John Williams music.

App description said:
JOIN THE ANGRY BIRDS IN THEIR BIGGEST ADVENTURE YET!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... a group of desperate rebel birds faced off against a galactic menace: the Empire’s evil Pigtroopers!

Rebel birds, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Imperial Pigs. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the PIG STAR, and are racing to deliver the plans to the Rebel Birds. Now they need your help!

Join an epic adventure with the Angry Birds in the legendary Star Wars™ universe! Use the Force, wield your lightsaber, and blast away Pigtroopers on an intergalactic journey from the deserts of Tatooine to the depths of the Pig Star -- where you’ll face off against the terrifying Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Pigs! Can you become a Jedi Master and restore freedom to the galaxy?

Time to grab your lightsaber and join the adventure! May the birds be with you!

HOURS AND HOURS OF ENGAGING GAMEPLAY - Explore more than 80 levels in iconic locations like Tatooine and the Pig Star. Can you dodge Imperial pigs, laser turrets, Tusken Raider pigs, and the dark side of the Force to get all three stars?

NEW GAMEPLAY MECHANICS - Use lightsabers, Blasters and Jedi powers to wreak havoc on the Imperial Pigs!

LEVEL UP YOUR BIRDS - Keep playing and level up your birds to improve their skills!

SECRETS AND HIDDEN GOODIES - Can you unlock all the R2-D2 and C-3PO bonus levels?

FREE UPDATES - This is only the beginning of the epic saga!

THE MIGHTY FALCON
Stuck on a tricky level? Earn stars and call the Mighty Falcon to rain down the destruction. New goals, achievements and gameplay!

PATH OF THE JEDI
The ultimate training ground for a Young Jedi, this in-app purchase unlocks 40 Dagobah Challenge Levels with Jedi Master Yoda! Master the Path of the Jedi to unlock the ultimate lightsaber!
Trailers
Animated Cinematic Trailer
Official Trailer
Obi Wan & Darth Vader
Han Solo & Chewie
Luke & Leia

Links

iPhone $0.99
iPad $2.99
Android Free
Android HD $2.99
Windows Phone 8 $0.99
Kindle Fire $2.99
Mac $4.99
PC $4.99
Windows 8/RT $4.99

Reviews

IGN 8.8
Pocketgamer 9
Polygon 8.5

FatalT

Banned
Angry Birds! Everywhere! Plushies! iPhone games! iPad games!

Now they're in your Star Wars sabering your lights!

Drago

I hate the Leia birds face

Other than that I like the designs. I'll get this because it is free (on Android... right?) and I will have an hours worth of fun. wheee

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I posted this in the iOS gaming topic - but just so it's in here as well:

My review (with full video review) will be online tonight, 12:01AM PST on IGN - the same moment the game goes on sale in the US. I'd love to give some hints but unfortunately my lips are 100% sealed.

The hour before my review (& the game's launch) Rovio, LucasFilm & IGN are hosting a live Google Hangout. We (IGN) don't have a ton to do with it. We're hosting them and our executive is the moderator, but it's mostly a fan event for Rovio & big AB fans. Details:

http://www.rovio.com/en/news/blog/238/join-the-makers-of-angry-birds-star-wars-for-a-live-hangout
https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/clgka12ja4315c0a00fvdbs79c8

I normally don't care for Angry Birds that much and the only one I bought was Space because space, but I never got that far in it. But the teasers are making me want to get it because Star Wars :(

Man

That is the best poster.

And wow @ simultaneous worldwide launch on plethora of platforms. This is going to be huuuge...

Berordn

Not that I'm particularly thrilled about this being a Star Wars crossover, but the powers actually look pretty fun this time.

Angry Birds Space is a legitimately fun game somehow, so this ought to be neat, even if I'm going to cringe whenever I see Yoda Bird.

markot

Banned
I couldnt tell the difference between hd and non hd versions when I tried both... and they both had the same install size...

Top Bottom