• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Star Wars |OT| Best Selling Star Wars game ever.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm bent over and ready to pay.

image.php

VALIS

As a fan of the original Angry Birds and AB Seasons I've been getting tired of the formula and the franchise lately. Rio didn't feel the same, Space was pretty clever but I never got that into it, and Bad Piggies is fun but really takes a while to get interesting. But seeing this trailer, yeah. This looks like the good stuff. And I don't give a rat's ass about Star Wars.

What the hell is going on in those trailers? Like in the Luke and Leia one, I guess Luke is trying to impress Leia with his lightsaber skills, but she's unimpressed, so he feels ashamed and puts the saber away, and then... Leia-bird takes pity on him or something? She smiles at him all of a sudden, did she just not notice him before somehow?

I realize no one expects an Angry Birds game to have great storytelling, but I don't even get what's being conveyed.

cRIPticon

Not often that you see two properties jump the shark at the same time.... Liked the original Angry Birds, love Star Wars. But this? Uggh...

dc89

Game costs £0.69. I only have £0.67 in my App Store wallet and can't be bothered to update my card details. It will have to wait until later.

zoukka

lol it's done very VERY well. I don't play AB games (I find the gameplay a bit lacking), but people will go fucking nuts over this.

And let's face it. A few yeas into the future, people will always remember Star Wars and associate it with Angry Birds. Deal with it GAF :DDDDDDD

Fox Mulder

Maybe I'm an rare person that actually prefers to buy android games, but it's stupid how they only have free ad based versions of their games in the android app market.

Bought, as I own all AB games.

Here's my ranking:

Space >>> Seasons > OG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rio

Rio is utter, tie-in branded crap.

Maybe I'm an rare person that actually prefers to buy android games, but it's stupid how they only have free ad based versions of their games in the android app market.

It was due to piracy right?

Even Gameloft do universal now

True. Which also makes games like 2gb downloads. which is fine... until the patch comes out and you have to redl the whole game (think you can do something in ios6 now... not sure).

It's still just $4 total. Not like SE selling each version at like $20.

zoukka

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if billions of dollars suddenly cried out and vanished into Rovio's pockets.

wiggleb0t

Banned
And let's face it. A few yeas into the future, people will always remember Star Wars and associate it with Angry Birds. Deal with it GAF :DDDDDDD

Will they? Really? :-s

Can't say I'm too surprised to only see windows phone and windows 8 compatibility mentioned :-s lil odd

zoukka

Will they? Really? :-s

AB is like the #1 brand for little kids right now. My friends son has two favourite IP's and now they have merged into a fucking videogame... imagine your two favourite fictional worlds merging into a videogame in your childhood... accompanied with an avalanche of merchandise. Then you will start to see a glimpse of this phenomena.

wiggleb0t

Banned
AB is like the #1 brand for little kids right now. My friends son has two favourite IP's and now they have merged into a fucking videogame... imagine your two favourite fictional worlds merging into a videogame in your childhood... accompanied with an avalanche of merchandise. Then you will start to see a glimpse of this phenomena.

Ah ok. That makes a little more sense. Had no idea they were that popular. I enjoyed maybe a couple of hours on Angry birds in the past. Not compelled to play em again but they're fun so all is good.
When I was a kid I remember Turtle action figurines being sold like crazy and supply could not meet demand making the craze crazier.

iirc, with the last few Rovio games, the paid ad-free version was an Amazon Appstore timed exclusive...

Top Bottom