• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Star Wars |OT| Best Selling Star Wars game ever.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This game is frick'n AWESOME X 10000!

Played some of the first few levels at lunch and sooo good. Sound effects + music with headphones = eargasmic!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thanks.

Think that's all the versions.

Not ALL the versions technically. ;P

ja5f2.jpg

zncWv.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
lol it's done very VERY well. I don't play AB games (I find the gameplay a bit lacking), but people will go fucking nuts over this.

And let's face it. A few yeas into the future, people will always remember Star Wars and associate it with Angry Birds. Deal with it GAF :DDDDDDD

I went in assuming the worst but it seems to be done with some real love of the movies. Theyve taken iconic elements and slapped them on bloody pigs and birds, but i think they get away with it somehow. Even Luke's house on tattooine is pig shaped

About to download this now. Do you guys think this is the beginning of Angry Bird mashups with other franchises similar to the Lego series of games or a one time thing?

Berordn

About to download this now. Do you guys think this is the beginning of Angry Bird mashups with other franchises similar to the Lego series of games or a one time thing?

They already did this Rio and that actually netted them a ton of cash. We're only going to see more of these.

Berordn

The difference between this one and Rio is that this one feels like a brand new game. Rio felt lazy and old.

I actually didn't mind the Rio game. It was only more of the same yeah, but they updated the engine and played with some new ideas for the birds and boss battles. I didn't care for the crossover, but it was more fun to play it than the original or seasons at the time.

I think it's silly that we see the most polish and innovation in these games when they're making cheap crossovers, but I'll take it.

Fox Mulder

I actually didn't mind the Rio game. It was only more of the same yeah, but they updated the engine and played with some new ideas for the birds and boss battles. I didn't care for the crossover, but it was more fun to play it than the original or seasons at the time.

I think it's silly that we see the most polish and innovation in these games when they're making cheap crossovers, but I'll take it.

Yeah, Rio was fine at the time. I liked it more than Seasons, as it had boss battles and stuff.

Shady859

Having alot of fun with this, just finished Tattooine in my first sitting with the game. Only half the stars though. ;) This from a guy who never has finished the first Angry Birds and only has Seasons from when it was free but never started.

Looks and plays beautifully on the iPad mini. Drop your $3 and buy like you need to be told haha it's #1 on iPhone, iPad and top grossing apps list right now.

I can't get 3 stars on Han's first level!!

Aim for the structure holding the enemies on the far right so that Han hits the wood in the middle of the structure, thus causing the round metal objects to roll to the left to take out the enemies in the middle. While Han is flying there, shoot the enemy on the far left. Easy peasy.

Miker

Am I supposed to have the path of the Jedi stages unlocked? I looked online and it seems that they're supposed to be in app purchases but I played the first stage on Dagobah. Are there more that are in app purchases or am I missing something?

cDNA

Am I supposed to have the path of the Jedi stages unlocked? I looked online and it seems that they're supposed to be in app purchases but I played the first stage on Dagobah. Are there more that are in app purchases or am I missing something?

You have to pay from the 2nd stage, the first one is free

Korosenai

I keep buying angry birds games hoping theyll be fun. I always end up leaving dissapointed and bored about ten levels in.

Shady859

^^ How far did you play? Did you at least get to Han Solo's blaster and unlock the light saber? Make it into outer space? If no keep playing if yes then to each their own and yes you should know you don't like these type games and have no soul. ;)

What is the Millennium Falcon used for?

It's like the Falcon from earlier games but not a instant win this time. You shoot it like a bird but tap the screen (or when it contacts something) a target shows up and the Millennium Falcon swoops in blasting all over torward that central aimed location.

Yanksfan

Game is pretty cool. I am not into phone gaming as much as most people, but the SW tie-ins are done so well that I keep wanting to play more.

eshwaaz

It's fun, but the sound effects are a disappointment. I fully expected the entire sound package to be Star Wars effects, but most of the crashing/shattering/breaking sounds are pure Angry Birds. As massive as the Star Wars sound library is, it's just a lot of missed potential.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Same! 2 star no probs, just can't nudge it over to that 3rd star.

Just a heads-up, you don't need to pay for the Jedi stages if you get 3-stars on all of Tatooine it unlocks for free.

I just 3 stared all of Tatooine, and didn't get the unlock. From my googling it seems you have to 3 star the entire game including bonus levels to get it to unlock.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm going to have to pick this up. Also, I love the title of this thread. It's funny in a kind of sad way. :/

Top Bottom