• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Star Wars |OT| Best Selling Star Wars game ever.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Plays/Looks great on my S3 and its free - cant argue with that.

ektoll

...the hell is John William?

John William I don't know, but John Williams... It's the compositor of the greatest movies soundtrack, like Jurassic Park, Jaws, Star Wars, Schindler's List, Harry Potter...

The day that man dies, we will go back to silent films.

John William I don't know, but John Williams... It's the compositor of the greatest movies soundtrack, like Jurassic Park, Jaws, Star Wars, Schindler's List, Harry Potter...

The day that man dies, we will go back to silent films.

nah, it's because I had a typo :p

Fox Mulder

It was due to piracy right?

I don't know, I'm not an app developer.

I have an ipad and android phone, and prefer to buy ad free games at all times. Android gets shit on for piracy and cheapass users, but plenty of people have jail broken iOS devices and wait for app sales.

I'd love to have some great games to go on my perfectly capable android phone, but I'll just buy everything on my ipad, which sits at home. Means I'm buying fewer apps than I could be.

I'm whining about stupid shit, but I'll have to wait until I get home to play this. Looks great.

Haha neat game. They fit the license in really well. It's very fun to play and it's cool seeing all the characters powers. I was bored of the franchise with Space but this freshens it up nicely, especially if you have any love for Star Wars.

fuenf

Wow I never really liked Angry Birds before but this game is awesome! :D Extremely well done and i like how they try to tell a story with the missions.

Maybe I'm an rare person that actually prefers to buy android games, but it's stupid how they only have free ad based versions of their games in the android app market.

I don't know, I'm not an app developer.

I have an ipad and android phone, and prefer to buy ad free games at all times. Android gets shit on for piracy and cheapass users, but plenty of people have jail broken iOS devices and wait for app sales.

I'd love to have some great games to go on my perfectly capable android phone, but I'll just buy everything on my ipad, which sits at home. Means I'm buying fewer apps than I could be.

I'm whining about stupid shit, but I'll have to wait until I get home to play this. Looks great.

You can remove the ads in the ingame store for 99cents.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Angry Birds is actually really really fun. I see many people complaining about the game, because it's too simple and stuff like that, but the game kinda brings up good memories from past console games...

Maedhros

I wouldn't pay a cent for this game. Good thing it's free.

It's the type of smartphone game I like, simple, fun, doesn't try to shove a fucking virtual gamepad on your face.

This is a pretty fun version of the game. I like the new abilities and the Star Wars skin makes everything appear a little less bland. And hey, it's free. I've payed for worse.

Forkball

Played almost all the Tatooine missions. This game is a lot of fun. The birds have really cool Star Wars related powers that allow you to demolish the levels.

Red bird = Skywalker, can use lightsaber to cut through obstacles and STILL keep going as long as you don't hit something.
Black bird = Obiwan, can force push objects if close enough.
Yellow bird = Han Solo, can fire a laser at specific targets. You can do some awesome trick shots because they reflect off of certain surfaces.

The levels have a mix of the original Angry Birds along with physics levels from Space. There are also some new obstacles, such as stormpigs firing lasers. It feels less like a puzzle game and more like an action game considering what you have at your disposal. Definitely something you should pick up.

Angry Birds is actually really really fun. I see many people complaining about the game, because it's too simple and stuff like that, but the game kinda brings up good memories from past console games...

It really is. Space had an awesome twist on the already solid franchise. Angry Birds haters are IMO nothing more than mobile gaming haters. They do not understand mobile gaming and they do not understand AB. I remeber how people were angry when AB was the best selling PSN title after it launched. They could not believe it "tainted" the Playstation ecosystem.

smh

Shady859

Gonna grab this later for my iPad Mini. Started to buy it for iPhone but i've got a couple older birds games yet to be finished.

Need more iTunes $$ I refuse to put a CC on my account i'd be bored and broke! ;)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Like it, bought the HD android version cause I dont like ads.

Did you try the regular version at all? I don't mind ads so I was wondering if I could really tell a difference between the two on a 720p phone screen. If not I'll just stick with the regular ad supported version.

markot

Banned
Did you try the regular version at all? I don't mind ads so I was wondering if I could really tell a difference between the two on a 720p phone screen. If not I'll just stick with the regular ad supported version.

Honestly, from using my nexus 7 only, the only difference I see is that the ui is bigger on the hd version >.> buttons, menus... etc... Also no ads and free planet or something >.<

0Rekj.jpg

Why did you photoshop the brazzers logo out and put a disney one in when you can clearly seen that it is a three way lesbian scene.

I've been trying the free version on my xperia s - can't say I've actually seen any ads yet, and i've done about 15 levels now.

8bit

Knows the Score
I've been trying the free version on my xperia s - can't say I've actually seen any ads yet, and i've done about 15 levels now.

When it started I saw an ad for Angry Birds Star Wars and haven't seen any others since. I replaced it with the HD version though. So I guess the advertising works.

wow, noticed that the win phone version requires you to have 8.

That's a dickish move for people that bought win phones up to a few months ago o_O

SmokyDave

It's at number 1 in the UK charts, number 2 highest grossing. Always surprises me when a new entry climbs that quickly.

Top Bottom