• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe reviews The Last of Us Part 1

Senua

RrHWnNg.gif

Last edited:

Stuart360

Didn't angry Joe get death threats for some edgy fanboys over giving days gone or some other game low score?

Googled it, yeah people got mad at him about not loving TLoU2.

Not gonna make that mistake again.
You should of seen the shit he got recently for giving Ep.1 of She-Hulk a 7/10 lol.
Although i dont blame them after forcing myself to sit through that agenda ridden drivel.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This supposed to be funny or creative?
If anything it's in a bad taste. He didn't remake his video. he barely remastered it.
The game was re made and some stuff he don't like was fixed like AI.
This is just in bad taste to devs and work put into this project

Patrick S.

Banned
This supposed to be funny or creative?
If anything it's in a bad taste. He didn't remake his video. he barely remastered it.
The game was re made and some stuff he don't like was fixed like AI.
This is just in bad taste to devs and work put into this project
Man, he's just having fun. Let other people make "good" reviews. I think this drives home the point that game studios are barely putting out new IP but selling and reselling you the same old stuff again and again. Skyrim anyone? I bet most people won't even notice any change in the AI. And to be fair, he also isn't mentioning how they made some of the females uglier in the reremaster, because we can't have good looking Type B characters anymore.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Probably the best game reviewer out there. Puts in effort, good long detailed videos, and he doesn't rush out reviews asap like other sites. Although this time, it came fast. Other games can get a review two weeks later. Unlike most game sites, he's a YTer so he shows proof of playing too.

For awesome laughs find his BF 2042 review. Go the 45 min mark where he listens to the awful music.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Man, he's just having fun. Let other people make "good" reviews. I think this drives home the point that game studios are barely putting out new IP but selling and reselling you the same old stuff again and again. Skyrim anyone? I bet most people won't even notice any change in the AI. And to be fair, he also isn't mentioning how they made some of the females uglier in the reremaster, because we can't have good looking Type B characters anymore.
The industry is dying. It's all about minmaxing.
They can't be creative and make the game that will be unique and take risks because it will not sell.
That's why it's safer to make a remake that is cheaper and sure to sell.... and make a tv show and a movie... and anything to milk it.

And You can bet your ass tlou3 will not make the same mistake as tlou2 and will be a safe, simple game.
Tlou2 took risks, tried something else and many people still hate it for that.

Patrick S.

Banned
The industry is dying. It's all about minmaxing.
They can't be creative and make the game that will be unique and take risks because it will not sell.
That's why it's safer to make a remake that is cheaper and sure to sell.... and make a tv show and a movie... and anything to milk it.

And You can bet your ass tlou3 will not make the same mistake as tlou2 and will be a safe, simple game.
Tlou2 took risks, tried something else and many people still hate it for that.
At least, for every dozen of companies that crap out cookie cutter games that all look like Fortnite, there's an indie or smaller studio that will put out something amazingly creative. And every couple of years we get a gem like Bloodborne or Elden Ring, although you could argue that these games are becoming as formulaic as Assassin's Creed has been for years now.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
At least, for every dozen of companies that crap out cookie cutter games that all look like Fortnite, there's an indie or smaller studio that will put out something amazingly creative. And every couple of years we get a gem like Bloodborne or Elden Ring, although you could argue that these games are becoming as formulaic as Assassin's Creed has been for years now.
yeah but it's honestly not enough anymore.
It's so slow.. and even indie stuff 95% looks the same and is just cheap

Patrick S.

Banned
yeah but it's honestly not enough anymore.
It's so slow.. and even indie stuff 95% looks the same and is just cheap
I do think there's still a lot of good stuff coming out. I know there's always something coming out that I'm looking forward to. Also, MS Game Pass is awesome for making it stupid cheap to just try out games that normally wouldn't be on your radar.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I do think there's still a lot of good stuff coming out. I know there's always something coming out that I'm looking forward to. Also, MS Game Pass is awesome for making it stupid cheap to just try out games that normally wouldn't be on your radar.
no. Gamepass is one of root causes of what is going on. It devalues gaming and games. Game made for gamepass cannot be too expensive since it will not return the investment.
And because of GP, players get used to low price of "sub" and have a hard time paying more for more quality.

This year sucked ass and nothing came out. HFW and Elden Ring? Ok. We got some good games... maybe the cat game too. but it's really really slow. we got more games in 1 month of 2011 than whole 2022 so far

Top Bottom