• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe reviews The Last of Us Part 1

This supposed to be funny or creative?
If anything it's in a bad taste. He didn't remake his video. he barely remastered it.
The game was re made and some stuff he don't like was fixed like AI.
This is just in bad taste to devs and work put into this project
Creative? Like a remake of a game that’s 9 years old and had a remaster in between?

This is a cash grab, don’t be fooled by Naughty Dog.

If anything it's in a bad taste. He didn't remake his video. he barely remastered it.

TLOUPart1 is a quick cash in with very little effort. Stop being so triggered on behalf of companies, mate. It’s fucking cringe.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Resetera’s a shit show.

I don’t know if it’s the mods on power trips, or the users get offended over the dumbest shit, and hit the report button.

There were some allegations against Joe. Unproven and unsubstantiated and the accuser quickly vanished and dropped the claims or something. But he was guilty without evidence in their eyes. The height of cancel culture.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Resetera’s a shit show.

I don’t know if it’s the mods on power trips, or the users get offended over the dumbest shit, and hit the report button.
Era is like walking a filled minefield. You have to be very careful of every word you write just to be very sure that it will not offend someone which will lead to you getting banned. I’m not banned there but after a while it becomes ridiculous that I have to rewrite my post and check it like I’m going to be featured in the wall street journal. Engaging in a forum discussion shouldn’t be this hard.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
There were some allegations against Joe. Unproven and unsubstantiated and the accuser quickly vanished and dropped the claims or something. But he was guilty without evidence in their eyes. The height of cancel culture.

They always whined about AJ getting his own threads. But of course Jim Sterling was perfectly fine.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
no. Gamepass is one of root causes of what is going on. It devalues gaming and games. Game made for gamepass cannot be too expensive since it will not return the investment.
And because of GP, players get used to low price of "sub" and have a hard time paying more for more quality.

This year sucked ass and nothing came out. HFW and Elden Ring? Ok. We got some good games... maybe the cat game too. but it's really really slow. we got more games in 1 month of 2011 than whole 2022 so far

There is really no indication of that at all, despite some people panning halo infinite, they threw a ton of staff and money at it. Same with forza horizon 5. Ms has tons of studios working on big budget aaa games right now.
So please, feel free to come back with some actual facts that back up that ms first party studios are held back by gamepass.

Last edited:
This dude is weapons-grade cringe so I can't watch him for more than a couple minutes, but is it just the entire PS4 review?

Last edited:

LRKD

Love the part where he mentions what a great deal it is for having the multiplayer mode included lmfao

The industry is dying. It's all about minmaxing.
They can't be creative and make the game that will be unique and take risks because it will not sell.
That's why it's safer to make a remake that is cheaper and sure to sell.... and make a tv show and a movie... and anything to milk it.

And You can bet your ass tlou3 will not make the same mistake as tlou2 and will be a safe, simple game.
Tlou2 took risks, tried something else and many people still hate it for that.
People hated it because you were forced to play a character nobody gave a fuck about for 10 hours.

Thebonehead

Banned

no. Gamepass is one of root causes of what is going on. It devalues gaming and games. Game made for gamepass cannot be too expensive since it will not return the investment.
And because of GP, players get used to low price of "sub" and have a hard time paying more for more quality.

This year sucked ass and nothing came out. HFW and Elden Ring? Ok. We got some good games... maybe the cat game too. but it's really really slow. we got more games in 1 month of 2011 than whole 2022 so far
Laugh Lol GIF

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

People will act shocked and deflect if they get the future of mobile gaming on consoles too…

Used to like him. Now not so much because of his constant hate schtick. Felt very good when his favourite franchise (battlefield) got shit on on from all sides and the pain on his face making his own review of 2042.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Creative? Like a remake of a game that’s 9 years old and had a remaster in between?

This is a cash grab, don’t be fooled by Naughty Dog.
Its not.
They put a lot of work into it. It’s anything but a cash grab. It’s one of best remakes ever. Should be just as praised as demons souls or shadow of the colossus because it’s on that scale.
It is not a cheap port

Its not.
They put a lot of work into it. It’s anything but a cash grab. It’s one of best remakes ever. Should be just as praised as demons souls or shadow of the colossus because it’s on that scale.
It is not a cheap port
In the interest of not having a ton of back and forth with you. I respect your opinion but I massively disagree with you, it’s a $70/£70 game that already had a remaster.

with regard to your last comment, your right, it’s an expensive port (with better graphics).

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Its not.
It is not a cheap port

I agree that work was put into it, but you can forgive people for calling it a cash grab.

It made sense to remaster it for PS4. The sequel was coming out on that console and the PS4 wasn't BC with PS3 games. The PS5 however is BC with PS4 games, so the PS4 remaster works perfectly on the PS5.

Demon's Souls is different because it never had a PS4 remaster. Same with Shadow of the Colossus as the PS3 remaster doesn't work on the PS4.

Fbh

Lol.

The joke would work better with one of the lazier re releases but I still chuckled.

The first game forced you to play with Joel for 15 hours and nobody complained about it.

You mean the character that was in every trailer, every pre release gameplay video and both the front and back of the box?.

No way!!!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
dean winchester GIF

Just no.

Remake
LxKazQP5A04z8zExJKSYQhFyBafXBcEQlinrVI14Xek.jpg

Remake
868381594.jpg

Remake
maxresdefault.jpg

Remake
Vamers-Gaming-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-side-by-side-comparrison-03-1024x576.jpg

Remake
mafia-definitive-edition-header.jpg

Remastered
LkvEeIi.jpg

Remastered
oy3Q4QH.jpg

Remastered
_1892413b.jpg

Remastered
the-last-of-us-remake-3.png
hahaha cmon man.
Lot's of big images but small brain you got there.

RE2 - Reboot/reimagining. Amazing one !!! But different thing than tlou1 here which is a remake.
Tomb Raider anniversary - terrible terrible reboot. I barely was able to finish it. NOT A REMAKE.
Nier - not player
FF7r - Amazing REIMAGINING. It is a Remake in the title but if you played it you would know it is not a remake... it's a play on words and meaning of remake. NOT a remake.
Mafa - Terrible remake. Just terrible. Bad music, they removed long drives, they ruined my Tommy!!! He is now a gruff gangster from the start... not a normal man. I played remake and then replayed original and remake is terrible.
Tomb Raider 2013 - simple port. they just changed a face and few small textures... stop trolling. NOT A REMAKE.
ff X ? Never played. Looks like a REMASTER/PORT to me. NOT a remake.
Batman AA - A known bad remake... and barely a remake at that. They made some new models and some not.

Then you post an image of tlou1 remaster and part 1 to prove what point? There are pics with bigger and smaller differences. But everything in this shot is completely new assets.

Again - this is more like Shadow of the Colossus and Demons Souls.... Everything is new. Game is the same with small improvements.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
hahaha cmon man.
Lot's of big images but small brain you got there.

RE2 - Reboot/reimagining. Amazing one !!! But different thing than tlou1 here which is a remake.
A Remake & a Reimagining is the same thing,
By default a Remake is a Reimagining unless they specify that's it's a 1x1 Remake
Tomb Raider anniversary - terrible terrible reboot. I barely was able to finish it. NOT A REMAKE.
It's a Remake in every sense of the word
Nier - not player.
It's a Remake
FF7r - Amazing REIMAGINING. It is a Remake in the title but if you played it you would know it is not a remake... it's a play on words and meaning of remake. NOT a remake.
It's a Remake
Mafa - Terrible remake. Just terrible. Bad music, they removed long drives, they ruined my Tommy!!! He is now a gruff gangster from the start... not a normal man. I played remake and then replayed original and remake is terrible.
Not a asking for a Review, it's a Remake
Tomb Raider 2013 - simple port. they just changed a face and few small textures... stop trolling. NOT A REMAKE.
Didn't stay it was Remake, said it Remaster by most todays definition but they change the character models like in TLOUPT1
So maybe it is a Remake 😂
ff X ? Never played. Looks like a REMASTER/PORT to me. NOT a remake.
Yes I said it was a Remaster
Batman AA - A known bad remake... and barely a remake at that. They made some new models and some not.
Not a Remake, just a Remaster just like The Last of Us
Then you post an image of tlou1 remaster and part 1 to prove what point? There are pics with bigger and smaller differences. But everything in this shot is completely new assets.

Again - this is more like Shadow of the Colossus and Demons Souls.... Everything is new. Game is the same with small improvements.
The point was to show you the difference between the two and the fact regardless of how brilliant you & I may think it looks it still belongs in the Remastered department.
And staying it's the best Remake is a insult to those that actually are Remakes

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
A Remake & a Reimagining is the same thing,
By default a Remake is a Reimagining unless they specify that's it's a 1x1 Remake

It's a Remake in every sense of the word

It's a Remake

It's a Remake

Not a asking for a Review, it's a Remake

Didn't stay it was Remake, said it Remaster by most todays definition but they change the character models like in TLOUPT1
So maybe it is a Remake 😂

Yes I said it was a Remaster

Not a Remake, just a Remaster just like The Last of Us

The point was to show you the difference between the two and the fact regardless of how brilliant you & I may think it looks it still belongs in the Remastered department.
And staying it's the best Remake is a insult to those that actually are Remakes
You just wrong. nothing else to it.
Stop trolling.
Remaster = Port
Remake =/= Reimagining

DeS is a remake.
TLOU part 1 is a remae.
Re2 is a reimagining.

• LOL
Reactions: TGO

TGO

You just wrong. nothing else to it.
Stop trolling.
Remaster = Port
Remake =/= Reimagining

DeS is a remake.
TLOU part 1 is a remae.
Re2 is a reimagining.
If it makes you feel better I think they're all just ports 😏
Remastered/Remake etc just marketing
They never used to label them years ago, it was just the version available on that system 😂

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If it makes you feel better I think they're all just ports 😏
Remastered/Remake etc just marketing
They never used to label them years ago, it was just the version available on that system 😂
Maybe that's because remake does not exist in movies.
You get Robocop original.
Then you get it's 4k hdr remaster.
And then you get it's terrible reboot.

Remakes are somehow of a game exclusive thing

TGO

Maybe that's because remake does not exist in movies.
You get Robocop original.
Then you get it's 4k hdr remaster.
And then you get it's terrible reboot.

Remakes are somehow of a game exclusive thing
Well there are faithful remakes in the movie that even have the same script and camera angles, they've just been remade with different actor's
I don't count 4K Remasters as Remastered as such because that how it was meant to and did look when it was recorded
We just got a shitty downscale version and the film aged over the years so it had to be cleaned up
And I suppose George Lucas did Remasters 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom