• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing focused Nintendo Direct 10/5 20:00

LORD JESUS IS THAT PICTURE

yagRO.png

Peru

What's the picture?

- Shisho, comedian. Started a comedy club. Can watch his comedy shows. He has spoken dialogue during this. Can decide your reaction.

This is the highlight. For some reason I have no doubt these routines will be hilarious.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This Streetpass stuff is incredibly irritating. Absolutely screws over any of us living in rural areas.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of cool features. Really glad that they stepped up their game.
Looks like they provided a lot of ways to connect to others, and with the dream worlds, I guess you don't even have to know the other in the slightest.
Totally going to play an unnecessary amount of hours.

StayDead

This most definately looks to be the most definitive animal crossing yet. Wild World was before and this just looks to blow that out of the water.

YES! Absolute idiocy they were taken out in the first place. Add in real holidays (fuck the Bright Lights Festival!) and it'll be the perfect AC game. I can live without NES games.

They did say Halloween in the direct, and they did sell goods at the store, but who knows if it'll be actually be celebrated then.

GhaleonQ

Nintendo is trying again! Yeaaaaaaah!

The music was always the best part. I skippe over the Wii version but I'll be happy to pick it up again for the handheld. The DS version is one of my favourite games to relax to.

It was still disapointing when the ownable songs were mostly (mostly!) the same recordings as previous games'. I don't mind 25 percent old stuff, but it looks like they're going all out.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The music was always the best part. I skippe over the Wii version but I'll be happy to pick it up again for the handheld. The DS version is one of my favourite games to relax to.

beje

Banned
So can you go online with some you streetpassed like one can do with MK7?

Not exactly, you can visit their towns in "read only" mode, supposedly to avoid random vandalism, penis designs pasted everywhere and teaching some swearing to neighbours in little kids towns, but you can still recolect fruit and buy stuff in their stores. They haven't specified if the other person needs to be online as well or it goes in some kind of server or something like that.

jchap

Looks incredible! After the lackluster update that was City Folk, it will be even sweeter to get something with so many new features.

Celegus

Ahhh I need this now!!! I've been itching for some AC, can't decide if I should pop in City Folk and rescue my town, make a new one, fire up the original AC, or just wait for this one...

And to think, the main reason I bought the original was the included memory card for more PSO saves. So so good.

gamingeek

Looks amazing.

Any word on the inventory system? I need some categories for storage, to be able to sort stuff. Kinda like Harvest moon a wonderful life. And it would be cool if it was easier to access tools like dpad switching, one touch-touch screen selection etc.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just finished watching it.

Finally, the sequel I've been waiting for since the original GCN version. So much stuff to talk about, I can't even pinpoint my enthusiasm towards one thing. Every new addition looked appealing and (better yet) worthwhile.

NOA, I better have this in my hands before the start of Fall 2013.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
So..... what's the big deal with the neighbour portraits?

It wasn't something you worked on per se, but if you were more than neighborly towards another for an expended period of time, you may get a prompt in which the they would want to give a photo of themselves. It's just a semi-rare event which displaces your eternal friendship with them. Each one was original mugshot of every neighbor, so there is plenty of them to get.

They took out the feature in City Folk, no apparent reason why.

Revven

The villager portrait stuff was in the GCN game, though I don't remember if... they could only be gotten through Action Replay codes or you could legitimately get them. Either way, it's def. nice to see them again.

They really are packing this to the brim. Do we know if they have the city to visit again? I'm guessing so, seeing as each AC game tends to keep what the last ones brought or expanded upon.

Now all we need to know is, will WiFi still be restricted to friends? Probably.. guessing so given the possibility of town ruiners and such but I'd still like to be able to go somewhere if none of my friends have the game. :<

Top Bottom