• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anisotropic Filtering in 2016

AlStrong

I'm now curious to see if I can get at least 5% in any game/location/settings combination on my system.

So far, I've been unsuccessful.

Just for argument's sake, shouldn't we be using similar configs (HW & game settings) to do the AF cost comparison? I'm not all that familiar with how the GPUs do latency hiding, but throwing a super wide GPU with other architectural differences against console might not be representative.

Consoles needing to take into account sharing with CPU (latency sucks!) might be a problem too. Or something?

dr_rus

Just for argument's sake, shouldn't we be using similar configs (HW & game settings) to do the AF cost comparison? I'm not all that familiar with how the GPUs do latency hiding, but throwing a super wide GPU with other architectural differences against console might not be representative.

Consoles needing to take into account sharing with CPU (latency sucks!) might be a problem too. Or something?

Texture caches are the same on PC and consoles. PC GPUs with a lot less bandwidth than PS4 (several times less in fact, including AMD own APUs working with DDR3) do AF just as good as modern top end cards.

Top Bottom