• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian is tired, closes feminist frequency after 15 years

Ozriel

M$FT
It would be nice to see more women making and playing games, I almost donated to the kickstarter because I figured raising awareness of the things that put women off games could both steer developers to create more original characters/stories, plus attract more women to the hobby which would be nice for all of us. But FF really dropped the ball and focused on the low hanging fruit of "tropes", and their over-simplified idiots advice was to just take existing games and remove the things that a large subset of men liked about them. Make the women uglier and make the men weaker, that'll fix all our problems!

FF ultimately created more division and resentment within our hobby and set their whole movement back, not to mention fucking over any studio that was dumb enough to listen to her advice. But hey, she made at least half a million and I don't think she genuinely cared about the hobby enough to give two shits about the state she'll leave it in.

CGNoire

Me too! It's so cheesy, but it's a lot of fun. The first time I saw this movie, I was 4 years old. The end-credits scene with Skeletor rising out of the pink ooze was my first jump scare.
yah i was probably around the same age and Skeletor, the beast man, and that snake man freaked me out.

Hayabusa83

Banned
Definitive article, complete with audio recordings. Hard not to read this without getting mad at these grifters

Grifters is an understatement. The person that conducted this session was funded with taxpayer money. I know many of these people, they do not care about equity or equality, they crave power and money.

With her gone, ASS CATCHEM is displaying his CORE VALUES
YASEOb3.jpg

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Definitive article, complete with audio recordings. Hard not to read this without getting mad at these grifters

I will continue to fight back against injustices like these until my last breath. Absolutely horrible. I refuse to sit in on DEI crap.

Probably , not probably but a very unpopular opinion here, she's had a positive impact on the industry. Her whole impact on the industry, specifically after gamergate helped stop the fan base from going to an extremely toxic place that it was going towards and opened up gaming to a broader base by including new perspectives and voices. It's become less of a "boys club" since then which I do appreciate.
meh, what's bad about boy's club? Not even talking about women gamers in particular, but when I look at what that "broader base" has lead to... games spoonfeed me content like I was a toddler, publishers are run by suits whose priority is monopoly-building before making good games, buncha talentless chads/gals become millionairs by exploiting lonely nerds on Twitch, screeching culture warriors take over PR...

When core gaming reached all new sales heights since PS4 and Switch, at first I was glad for my favorite titles. And it's a nice side effect that you can talk to most people of all genders our age about baisc gaming without being a weirdo.

But if I had the choice now, I'd turn gaming back to when it was more low-level like comics, where it's just kids/teens, a couple of million nerds like us and a few casuals for the big hitters (I actually have no idea what the state of the comic industry looks like, but as an outsider it felt like an apt comparison lol).

Last edited:

violence

I had only seen her sexiest Legos video and her college thesis paper on her website. I didn’t see any way to make a person like this happy.

I decided not to watch anything else she made to avoid getting infected with her beer goggles.

Top Bottom