• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Annapurna Interactive Announces Blade Runner: Labyrinth

Draugoth

Gold Member
During today's Annapurna Interactive showcase, the publisher announced that it's no longer just a publisher. It's developing its first in-house game, based on the Blade Runner franchise, entitled Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth.

Blade Runner 2033: Labyrinth's release platforms and date remain a mystery for now, but Annapurna promises more details will be revealed soon. In addition, Alcon is currently working on a live-action series for Amazon Prime called Blade Runner 2099.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Starring a cat.

Jk, Blade Runner and 2049 are some of my favorite movies of all time. I really hope they're gonna do it justice with this.

Fuz

Banned
Once, I would have been super happy for this.

But now I know we won't get anything remotely close to this, we'll only get the usual walking simulator with fake choices.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Leroy Patterson

I love this universe and it deserves more games, but eh, this is probably a walking simulator with a few puzzles. We need an RPG or Immersive Sim in this universe.
Let’s be realistic, that’s never happening.

I’ll take this any day of the week

Puscifer

I love this universe and it deserves more games, but eh, this is probably a walking simulator with a few puzzles. We need an RPG or Immersive Sim in this universe.
I wonder why more games don't take the hitman template, especially with the standard set by the new trilogy where up to 2 hours planning, gathering clues and stalking your prey would work being a blade runner especially adding in the test to determine their humanity.

samoilaaa

I wonder why more games don't take the hitman template, especially with the standard set by the new trilogy where up to 2 hours planning, gathering clues and stalking your prey would work being a blade runner especially adding in the test to determine their humanity.
because it doesnt bring alot of money

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I've always wanted an updated C64 version. One where you'd have to hold interviews or go running after replicants in an open world..

This world has the perfect atmosphere for gaming but it's sadly overlooked and never been fully realised

StueyDuck

Fuck I love Bladerunner and Annapurna have published some of favorite games..

But Annapurna can also be heavy on "the message" with many games they publish, bladerunner requires high level thought, I'm worried we just get anxiety bad and what is a man actually theme's being explored.

Top Bottom