• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Century's Episode R screens

WYWY

edit: Looks like the first pressing comes with a DLC code for Zeta Gundam 3 (Amuro's pink color scheme).[/QUOTE]

What is that? Something from Gundam Evolved?

duckroll

Looks like hopes of co-op or versus online multiplayer (or any multiplayer at all) is fading. The info box for the game on the official site still says 1 player. :(

I'm honestly kinda disappointed if the game is really getting gimped that much. I don't expect ACE2 or ACE3 level of content for their first PS3 game, but at the very least I expect it to be on par with ACE1 in terms of content, and keep all the gameplay advancements and systems/modes that ACE has developed over the course of 3 games. What's going on here seems very underwhelming to say the least...

new screens:

4625630691_9c6444941d_o.jpg

4626236700_7bb696bb42_o.jpg

4626236998_da3f66548e_o.jpg

4625629857_839fb76221_o.jpg

4625630139_aecde606db_o.jpg

4625630365_d1891a1ab2_o.jpg

4625627643_244bb83a64_o.jpg

4625627867_c3da055795_o.jpg

4626233780_ea4352f313_o.jpg

4625626755_246f2bcf09_o.jpg

4625629523_6ebccf12bd_o.jpg

4625629299_49217bc242_o.jpg

4626234858_b13a86640d_o.jpg

4626234664_c894177f52_o.jpg

4625628639_7c2146e425_o.jpg

4626234032_2128dae851_o.jpg

4626233120_f08b20faa7_o.jpg

4625627007_54ca970a37_o.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God damn, I am so pumped for this game.

WYWY

Eh, several meh screens.

From is good with "dirty metal" styles like the Armored Core series. But don't handle anime-style "colourful metal" too well.

glaurung

I was ecstatic when this was announced and first shown.

Now it looks like only the Macross units look nice (the Frontier ones anyway).

The styles are simply so conflicting in HD.

KTallguy

Banned
Environments look kind of iffy, but I think it will play really well. I got ACE3 for the PS2 and even though it looks dated I'm having a lot of fun with it. :)

Wazzim

Banned
The graphics look a bit 'meh' for a late gen HD game..but it's all about having your favorite mechs one game ofcourse.

Still can't wait for it, but those screens are full of tons of jaggies. eww

Oh well I am sure it will look good in motion. Or maybe it's just compressions artifacts <crosses fingers>

Bebpo

Banned
distantmantra said:
Up for preorder at Amazon JP with a MSRP of &#65509;8,379.

No coop/versus
~20 units if you don't count all the valkyrie variants
7800yen price point

....what the hell are they thinking? Seriously. The game seems like a ripoff at this point and I don't think that will help sales to fund another game.

It's amazing how the announcement of this game went from ZOMG to complete fail. The gameplay better be the best freaking mech game ever at this point to justify it all.

And I wish console developers would switch on some AF:
4626233780_ea4352f313_o.jpg

I mean damn

Wazzim

Banned
Bebpo said:
No coop/versus
7800yen price point

....what the hell are they thinking? Seriously. The game seems like a ripoff at this point and I don't think that will help sales to fund another game.

It's amazing how the announcement of this game went from ZOMG to complete fail. The gameplay better be the best freaking mech game ever at this point to justify it all.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4626233780_ea4352f313_o.jpg[img]
I mean damn[/QUOTE]
No multiplayer at all? And 7800Yen? The fuck?

[Spoiler]Can't wait to see all the otaku people at launch waiting houres for this.[/spoiler]

vazel

Banned
Bebpo said:
No coop/versus
7800yen price point

[img*]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4626233780_ea4352f313_o.jpg[/img]
I mean damn
Wow bilinear? Really? Unless that's a horribly implemented depth of field effect. It looks like it could be.

Josh7289

Wait, what... What the hell is this? Another Century? What system is this? What's going on? It looks fucking badass.

Edit: So I just looked it up... Seems like Another Century is another mech mashup series like Super Robot Wars, except it's fast-paced action and by From Software. And this new one, Another Century's Episode: R is coming to PS3. Which is region free. Oh shit yes.

Edit 2: And it is kind of ugly. =/ Actually it looks to me like it has Quincunx AA, but I didn't actually do any tests for it. I just kind of get that feel looking at the screenshots. Not so jaggy, kind of blurry...

matmanx1

Pre-orders up on shopncsx.com. $86 US dollars and change + shipping, not that I expected any less. I'd pre-order it today but I have a Play-Asia coupon I've been holding on to in hopes they would put their pre-order up. I like dealing with NCSX better anyway so I may just pay the extra cash and be done with it.

Wow, those are definitely not bullshots. They need to stick to space environments, because those Earth environments look awful.

Shouta

Most of the earth environments are minimalistic in ACE games. They're kind of just there for missions. Most combat is done in mid-air so there isn't nearly as much focus on them in the graphics department. It's also kept wide open so high-speed combat is easier to accomplish.

Xater

7800 Yen? Ouch.

Also the Code Geass mechs lokk kinda shitty. I might only pick this up used when I get to Japan again. Should be alot cheaper then. Next mecha game hope Armored Core 5.

matmanx1

I don't care. If I can pilot the Lancelot I'm a pretty happy camper. I play alot of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 on my PS3 so graphics aren't exactly a huge concern of mine either.

Oh and Macross transforming Veritech's are the stuff of my boyhood fantasies. Rick Hunter and Skull Squadron were my favorite playmates back in the day. As long as the gameplay is faithful to the subject matter in terms of how the various mech's perform then I will be thrilled.

matmanx1 said:
Pre-orders up on shopncsx.com. $86 US dollars and change + shipping, not that I expected any less. I'd pre-order it today but I have a Play-Asia coupon I've been holding on to in hopes they would put their pre-order up. I like dealing with NCSX better anyway so I may just pay the extra cash and be done with it.

I prefer NCSX, but I'm waiting to see if it will be cheaper at YesAsia or PlayAsia.

Yeah I am gonna hope on a price drop or something, which seems unlikely as the used version of the PS2 games have always stayed a little pricey anyway.

Maybe if there is a demo or something, but it just doesn't look good. I wish they would at least put some AA on the robot models. The jaggies are everywhere....

yeah, I jumped cuz I always missed out on the PS2 ones and I refuse to pay $80 for a 3 year old PS2 game. And while used ebay prices are slightly better, I just don't like to buy used games.

matmanx1

I had some credit at Play-Asia so I went with them this time. I know NCSX would have been quicker but the price difference was too much to justify. I got Air Economy Bubble so it will take a couple of weeks to get to me but I only paid about $75 total whereas NCSX wanted $95 even with the cheapest shipping option.

For $20 I can wait a couple of weeks on this one.

This week's Famitsu unveiled the first original character and mecha for ACE:R.

Autam is a female and she pilots the Arc Alpha, which looks like a transforming Star Destroyer.

Shouta

distantmantra said:

Autam is a female and she pilots the Arc Alpha, which looks like a transforming Star Destroyer.

Mmm, transforming Star Destroyer.

GONz

distantmantra said:

It is now visible on the official website (last tab on Gamepoint). Mecha form looks good!

Top Bottom