• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Century's Episode R screens

Shouta

distantmantra said:
This week's Famitsu unveiled the first original character and mecha for ACE:R.

Autam is a female and she pilots the Arc Alpha, which looks like a transforming Star Destroyer.

Supposedly, there are two mechs if I'm reading the official website right. The Arc Alpha is the mother ship, the other is the robot she pilots. The Arc Alpha is supposed to act similar to the Macross Quarter.

Shouta said:
Supposedly, there are two mechs if I'm reading the official website right. The Arc Alpha is the mother ship, the other is the robot she pilots. The Arc Alpha is supposed to act similar to the Macross Quarter.

Yep, you're right.

The new promo video was shown off at Yodobashi Akiba about six hours ago. Alt Eisen Riese, ART-1, and Cybuster are in. Video not available yet.

hteng

Banned
distantmantra said:
The new promo video was shown off at Yodobashi Akiba about six hours ago. Alt Eisen Riese, ART-1, and Cybuster are in. Video not available yet.

what the what? alt eisen? art-1 ? cybuster?! really? what the hell? are they just bonus or cannon?

edit: dling the cam now

From is on a good kick lately haven't you heard? Also wowzer at this, if the game really looks like that this might be my first import this gen.

hteng

Banned
Tylahedras said:
From is on a good kick lately haven't you heard? Also wowzer at this, if the game really looks like that this might be my first import this gen.

i wouldn't put too much faith in them, expect some crappy framerates or wacky physics

edit: latest vid actually shows tons of gameplay, looks just the same as the old games

Lucis

Been hyping about this FOREVER! Preordered day one when it was available to preorder on play-asia
will be doing video log for this game just like I am diong it for the WKC thread.

Bebpo

Banned
Watched the whole PV2, really impressed. Wonder why they waited so long to show off in-game.

The high speed boosting looks awesome and straight out of AC4A

FMP fights look neat with jump dodges and high speed action.

Looks just like ACE3 but with better models and some nicer effects

and OMG MASAKI IS IN THE CUTSCENES OMG

Too bad Nu is plain old Nu.

Xater said:
God damn it that does look bad ass. Now I kind of want the game again.

I have no experience with the previous titles how playable will this be for someone like me, who has like one semester of Japanese under his belt?

It's an action title, you'd be just fine.

Xater

distantmantra said:
It's an action title, you'd be just fine.

I still have to think about it because it's so expensive. If this was the new Gundam vs. I wouldn't even think about it twice. :lol

Xater said:
I still have to think about it because it's so expensive. If this was the new Gundam vs. I wouldn't even think about it twice. :lol

Yeah, I admit I'm crazy for dropping $90 on this day one.

Wait a few weeks, you'll be able to get it cheaper on ebay.

Danj

Anyone got any suggestions where EU based people could order this? Play-Asia still has that lame "This item cannot be shipped to:" thing that got put in back when Sony was cracking down on imports.

Danj said:
Anyone got any suggestions where EU based people could order this? Play-Asia still has that lame "This item cannot be shipped to:" thing that got put in back when Sony was cracking down on imports.

NCSX or Yes Asia?

Danj said:
ami ami

Xater

Will someone do an official thread for this? I dom't have the series knowledge to do that. I pre-ordered the game yesterday after all and hope for some discussion. :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Another Century’s Episode:R  9/8/9/7   1ルート12時間

1 Route takes 12 hours.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
distantmantra said:
Play Asia raised the price from $79.80 to $89.75 today.

Is this the proper place to cry about how Yen getting more and more expensive every day?

Anyone found some more reasonable alternative?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Review details:

* Playing through one route takes 12 hours
* The graphics and feel of speed are first rate
* The game has good tempo
* You'll be able to enjoy a level of volume not seen in past entries
* The stages and missions are full of variation
* The game feels fast and refreshing
* The feel of the game changes based off the mech
* If you like robot anime, you'll definitely get sucked into the game
* Even if you're not a fan of the original works, you'll enjoy yourself
* Choosing the enemy you lock on to is difficult (from the person who gave the game a 7).

Bebpo

Banned
booooooooooooooooooo @ 12 hour routes

Sounds like ACE3, though depending on the variation of the stages and the route branching I may forgive them.

Still, I liked ACE when it was an epic 30-50 hour in-depth storyline like a SRW game. Not some 10-15 hour arcade romp.

Bebpo

Banned
Kagari said:
* You'll be able to enjoy a level of volume not seen in past entries

This is especially weird, since from the start the producer said the amount of content would be a step back from the PS2 games since they were starting fresh. I wonder what they mean here.

Bebpo

Banned
ElyrionX said:
Any idea if the game is fully in Jap or will there be some English menus or subtitles?

Menus maybe, subtitles no :p

If you don't care about the plot/dialogue I'm sure it'll be 100% playable. The past games in the series were. The gameplay is straightforward action.

Shouta

Bebpo said:
booooooooooooooooooo @ 12 hour routes

Sounds like ACE3, though depending on the variation of the stages and the route branching I may forgive them.

Still, I liked ACE when it was an epic 30-50 hour in-depth storyline like a SRW game. Not some 10-15 hour arcade romp.

ACE2 didn't take that long as I recall, maybe ACE1? ACE3 definitely played the best of the original three to me.

Plus, shorter route times makes it easier to play on hard mode a second time.

Shouta

Likely means that one play through from start to end is 12 hours unless there's totally different routes in the game and few stages in common.

Top Bottom