• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Samsung Note 7 explosion w/ video

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Why are people still using it when it's a known problem with the device and its been recalled.
Were talking about millions of people. Not everyone knows.

The audience that reads tech blogs is very small. And people ignore emails and texts.

To be fair, Samsung did a terrible job with this mess.

A guy I work with refuses to take his back. He has the second one that was supposedly fixed, but I told him they stopped making the phone and it was recalled. I warned him to at least not keep it anywhere he didn't want burned :-(

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Should probably get away from that smoke. Unless....

maxresdefault.jpg

Maz

The "I'm special and it's not going to happen to me" mentality. I see it a lot, speeding and not wearing a seat belt is very common belief here.

The Beard

The audience that reads tech blogs is very small. And people ignore emails and texts.

The story has gone way beyond niche tech blogs. It's all over the news/tv/radio. Even my 76 yo grandpa is aware of it.

Animator

It's not like this is only reported in tech blogs. Every major newspaper and tv station reported this multiple times already.

Adam Blue

Why are people still using it when it's a known problem with the device and its been recalled.

Well, I went to T-Mobile to exchange and they weren't sure what to do yet. They even had me on the phone with someone in that department and they just apologized for not having anything in place yet.

Quite the opposite. Considering having to get into contact with these, doing research, not finding a problem, and just seizeing manufacturing to keep people safe, I'd say they are doing everything possible.

Do you have a Note 7? My phone is constantly bombarded with warnings, etc.

I even read a recent article from workers in Vietnam saying Samsung treats them well with amazing benefits and will be keeping the workforce despite this, and that their other manufacturing does well so this won't do much long-term.

People are quick to talk down to Samsung, but this is an example of a corporation trying to do right, and that needs to highlighted.

The Beard

Well, I went to T-Mobile to exchange and they weren't sure what to do yet. They even had me on the phone with someone in that department and they just apologized for not having anything in place yet.

Quite the opposite. Considering having to get into contact with these, doing research, not finding a problem, and just seizeing manufacturing to keep people safe, I'd say they are doing everything possible.

I even read a recent article from workers in Vietnam saying Samsung treats them well with amazing benefits and will be keeping the workforce despite this, and that their other manufacturing does well so this won't do much long-term.

People are quick to talk down to Samsung, but this is an example of a corporation trying to do right, and that needs to highlighted.

Can't you just get a cash refund?

There's no way I'm walking around with that thing in my pocket, or charging it while I sleep.

pyros

Is it common knowledge that note 7 hp are banned on all flights in the US , didn't see a thread

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
A guy I work with refuses to take his back. He has the second one that was supposedly fixed, but I told him they stopped making the phone and it was recalled. I warned him to at least not keep it anywhere he didn't want burned :-(

I would report him as a health and safety issue. No joke.

Finally had a chance to trade mine in today. Traded it for a shitty Coolpad Catalyst that will hold me over until my OnePlus 3 gets here

Anyone who keeps this phone instead of getting rid of it is being stupid, plain and simple.

Future

You are still using your phone????

My fiancé said there was a Facebook live video last night of somebody with their note 7 plugged in with the jeopardy decision theme playing on loop. 30k people were watching

Bsigg12

I don't have another phone and I'm waiting for Verizon to deliver my new phone as well as the fireproof box.

Also, anyone that has the phone has received notifications from Samsung saying the phone has been recalled and Verizon is sending text messages to you if it's set as your active phone.

Cynar

This isn't on just tech blogs. Every major news outlet is covering this story and carriers are sending text messages about the recall. There's really no excuse except ignorance and as we all know ignorance is a horrible excuse.

diaspora

Are there jabronis still saying that not everyone knows about the recall? Samsung and the carriers have been hammering the recall message to all of the Note 7s.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Would my phone be more likely to do that if I was posting sweet jifs on my Neogaf account?

Asking for a friend.

Vyer

wow

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Samsung was slow to issue a recall and their communication during the fiasco wasn't great either. This is a perfect example of how not to handle a safety issue.

Aphexian

The other problem is that people are straight up fucking stupid. I've been on the Note 7 subreddit ever since the first recall to keep up with breaking news and people, to this day, are STILL trying to A: Keep their phone and B: Try and figure out how to keep from getting OTA updates so that Samsung can't remotely brick their phone. They all have a HUGE "It won't happen to me" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom