• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Samsung Note 7 explosion w/ video

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Why are people still using it when it's a known problem with the device and its been recalled.

Most of the phones people want to trade it in for, like the Pixels and LG V20, haven't been released yet.

I'm not going with anything outside of the above.

Samsung was slow to issue a recall and their communication during the fiasco wasn't great either. This is a perfect example of how not to handle a safety issue.

Exactly. This has been a huge fuck up on Samsungs part, they were slow to do any sort of recall and then they didn't test the new phones properly before sending them out. People defending them or not taking in their phones are really acting crazy and stupid, plain and simple. I'm glad they're banning these things on airlines, don't want to have to deal with an accident because of a fanboy too stubborn to just give it up.

Aphexian

they didn't test the new phones properly before sending them out

To be fair, they had over 100 testers trying to figure out how to replicate the explosion conditions after the 2nd versions came out and they couldn't do it. They straight up do not know why they are exploding, or at least leading us to believe that.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
QIM8cAf.gif

:lol

Were talking about millions of people. Not everyone knows.

The audience that reads tech blogs is very small. And people ignore emails and texts.

To be fair, Samsung did a terrible job with this mess.

Actually (at least in our case) Samsung did a direct SMS to the Note 7 saying to bring it in immediately, and also that Note 7s were banned on planes due to the danger.

Nevasleep

Why are people still using it when it's a known problem with the device and its been recalled.
It's negligent for people to still be using it in public, or even in places like apartment blocks.
I would be very unhappy, however small the chance may be, if I end up involved in a fire caused by a Note 7 user.

Might not be dramatic in the video but it's on a concrete floor not surrounded by anything flammable.

Harmen

Man, the fact that the ones with replaced batteries also catch fire is unacceptable. I was likely to buy a Samsung phone this year, but the fact that they just assumed it was the battery and quickly went for battery replacements before understanding what is actually wrong with these phones is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

They went the cheap/quick route of problem solving for something potentially dangerous (fire) and they will pay very, very dearly for that. If just the first batch of phones had this problem and they understood what was going on and solved it, the damage would be less in my opinion. But a recall and replacement without any fix is what pushes it over the edge in terms of consumer trust.

Lothars

Exactly. This has been a huge fuck up on Samsungs part, they were slow to do any sort of recall and then they didn't test the new phones properly before sending them out. People defending them or not taking in their phones are really acting crazy and stupid, plain and simple. I'm glad they're banning these things on airlines, don't want to have to deal with an accident because of a fanboy too stubborn to just give it up.
People are defending them because there's multiple examples of Samsung contacting people that have Note 7's to return them and telling them they are banned on Airplanes.

Samsung did the right things here, it's not on them that people are not returning the phones. Anyone that has one should be returning it or have already returned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom