• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anson Mount cast as Black Bolt for Marvel's Inhumans Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
”Hell on Wheels" star Anson Mount has landed the lead role of Black Bolt in the ”Marvel's Inhumans" television series. ”Marvel's Inhumans" will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of the royal family including Black Bolt, the enigmatic, commanding King of the Inhumans, with a voice so powerful that the slightest whisper can destroy a city.

It was previously announced that a version of the first two episodes of the new ABC series will premiere exclusively in IMAX® theatres for a two-week window in September 2017, prior to the 8-episode network run.

”Anson loves the challenge of playing a character who will only communicate silently," said Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television and Executive Producer. ”His enthusiasm mixed with his imposing almost regal persona made it easy to see why he is our Black Bolt."

Added executive producer and showrunner Scott Buck, ”Black Bolt is a character whose deep complexity must be conveyed without uttering a single word, and I'm very excited to have Anson on board to bring him to life."

Marvel recently announced that Iwan Rheon (”Game of Thrones," ”Misfits" ”Vicious") will portray Maximus, a clever and charming Inhuman that is fiercely devoted to the people of Attilan, especially his brother, Black Bolt –though he harbors an intense desire to wear the crown himself.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/60507/anson-mount-joins-marvels-inhumans-abc/

Mount-Anson-high-res.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I never doubt Marvel's casting process. It's everything else about this show that's giving me pause, but I'm hoping for the best.

I can buy it based on look but what about that voice,
which I'm sure will go through a ton of processing.
?

Very interested in this as Black Bolt is awesome character, but this will be a tough acting gig since all emotions will have to be portrayed without speaking.

He looks the part though.

kevin1025

Banned
He was great in Hell on Wheels.

He was also in Non-Stop (but not for very long), as the other air marshal opposite Liam Neeson.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Ya'll need to watch Crossroads ASAP.

But for real Anson was top notch in Hell on Wheels. I don't much about Black Bolt but him being cast certainly has me intrigued now.

Loxley

As one of the six Hell on Wheels fans in existence, this excites me. Mount is really fun to watch, glad he's found a good role now that HOW is done.

Fades

Banned
tbh I was still almost hoping that Vin Diesel got the role, just for fun.

I haven't actually seen the guy in anything, but visually he seems to have the presence required for Black Bolt, so hey, why not. Looking forward to this.

He is the perfect Reed Richards.

Aww, now I'm sad.

blakep267

Can somebody enlighten me on the character. Does he actually speak? Wikipedia has me thinking any sound he makes can destroy stuff

Geeky

I imagine they'll do the suit. Doing the mask right will probably a bit harder.

I hope they try to do something similar to what they did with Black Panther. A streamlined ornate pattern that fits with the original design and molded. Just gotta make sure it doesn't look like Avengers 1 Cap's mask.

Fades

Banned
Can somebody enlighten me on the character. Does he actually speak? Wikipedia has me thinking any sound he makes can destroy stuff

That's correct. He also has some telepathic ability and can communicate non-verbally, especially with his wife Medusa, who usually speaks for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom