• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anson Mount cast as Black Bolt for Marvel's Inhumans Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm glad they made this a series. That means I can pretend it doesn't exist, just like Kevin Feige.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Pleased it isn't Vin Diesel.

Hope this guy has good screen presence, and can convey emotion without speaking.

SArcher

Banned
I'm guessing they'll use the psychic link between Black Bolt and Medusa to allow the actor to speak.

NewAvengersv3008-009.jpg

NewAvengersv3008-010-1.jpg
NewAvengersv3008-010-2.jpg

KDC720

Only really know him from voicing the main character in "The Evil Within". He kinda sleep walked through that one imo but Marvel casting has always been on point so I'm intrigued.

Zolo

Another white guy playing a Black character. Typical Hollywood.

Didn't know who Black Bolt was, so I came in surprised it's not a black character. Then again, there's Black Adam, so maybe there's a decent chunk of characters with the name.

Thinking on that, which black characters have there been that were portrayed as a white guy? It usually seems more cases like an Egyptian or Asian setting casting a white guy as the star.

Can somebody enlighten me on the character. Does he actually speak? Wikipedia has me thinking any sound he makes can destroy stuff
That's correct. He also has some telepathic ability and can communicate non-verbally, especially with his wife Medusa, who usually speaks for him.

So I was left wondering what have all these powers to do with "black bolt" and - reading around - found out that's actually not a superhero moniker but rather a shortened form of his own name "Blackagar Boltagon"? And the brother's name is "Maximus"? Where is this Attilan country supposed to be, anyway?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So I was left wondering what have all these powers to do with "black bolt" and - reading around - found out that's actually not a superhero moniker but rather a shortened form of his own name "Blackagar Boltagon"? And the brother's name is "Maximus"? Where is this Attilan country supposed to be, anyway?
It's a city and it can be moved. In the comics it's on the moon right now I think, previously in the Himalayas (where AOS took inspiration), and the Atlantic Ocean off of Iceland.

It's a city and it can be moved. In the comics it's on the moon right now I think, previously in the Himalayas (where AOS took inspiration), and the Atlantic Ocean off of Iceland.
It was on Earth (in a mountain valley somewhere), then moved to the Moon, then back to Earth (the risen continent of Atlantis), then the Himayalas, then the Moon, then Hala (Kree home planet), then floating above New York City, and now it's floating in the Hudson Bay.

VAD

Marvel recently announced that Iwan Rheon (“Game of Thrones,” “Misfits” “Vicious”) will portray Maximus, a clever and charming Inhuman that is fiercely devoted to the people of Attilan
I knew it. It's sad Iwan Rheon is now typecast as the crazy sadistic yet handsome bad guy who will be the show stealer like Loki. I'd rather like him to be typecast as the awkward loner he was in Misfits.

I don't really care who they cast for Blackagar, the dude just needs to be ripped, good-looking and able to nod from time to time. I'm more interested in who Medusa will be. The actress will have to be charismatic as fuck.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
EW: Marvel's Inhumans casts Serinda Swan as Medusa

marvels-inhumans.jpg

Graceland alum Serinda Swan will play Medusa, the Queen of the Inhumans and wife of Black Bolt (Anson Mount), EW has learned exclusively.

Marvel's Inhumans follows a race of superhumans with diverse and unique powers and explores the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the Royal Family.

Medusa is Black Bolt's most trusted advisor, a fiercely resilient warrior who has the ability to move and control her hair the way most people use their hands and fingers.

”Serinda empowers Medusa's regal glory and still maintains a relatability that synced perfectly with the character," Marvel TV head and executive producer Jeph Loeb says. ”She is nothing short of wonderful."

Adds showrunner Scott Buck: ”Serinda Swan brings a regal elegance, as well as a sense of great inner strength and fierce determination, to the role of Medusa. I couldn't be happier to have her as our Queen of Attilan."

Swan is no stranger to the world of superheroes. The actress — whose credits also include Chicago Fire, Breakout Kings, and Supernatural — previously portrayed Zatanna on Smallville.

The casting comes on the heels of Hell on Wheels star Mount getting cast as Black Bolt, while Game of Thrones‘ Iwan Theon will play his brother, Maximus.

Inhumans — which hails from Buck, Loeb, and Jim Chory — will debut its first two episodes exclusively in IMAX theaters for a two-week window in September before its network run.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/01/inhuman.../?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Vin was the dream casting but he would not settle for a TV show.

This guy looks okay tho. fun fact: he's the VA for Sebastian from The Evil Within.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I hope Medusa's hair takes 90% of the shows budget.

i can see that. theyre in a dilapidated shack for some reason like their in mutant x, and medusas hair is always doing shit.(making a throne, cooking her eggs, playing with lockjkaw(who is a man in a green suit due to budget constraints))

Aa, if it's a science-fantasy spacecity, I suppose the weird names are not out of place.

I still don't know how I feel about the fact that the most cosmic and weird team book in Marvel is getting turned into an ABC series.

Damn, holy shit, Ramsay Snow is Maximus? That's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom