• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ken Leung To Play Karnak In Marvel's Inhumans

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://deadline.com/2017/03/marvels-inhumans-ken-leung-karnak-1202034415/

The Night Shift alum Ken Leung is set to play the key role of Karnak opposite Anson Mount in Marvel's Inhumans, the new ABC series that will get an Imax debut.

2RpWy5Q.jpg

EDIT: Aaaand, the official announcement: https://news.marvel.com/tv/60651/ken-leung-cast-marvels-inhumans-abc/

”Ken brings both a wisdom and a power to the role that no one else could match. His Karnak will be awesome," said Executive Producer, Jeph Loeb.

Executive Producer Scott Buck added: ”Ken Leung has a great natural intelligence that reads clearly and will add depth and complexity to the very complicated character of Karnak."

Fuchsdh

You know, AFAIK Karnak and the other inhumans don't really have a set ethnicity, so go wild... but maybe make the guy whose power is karate chops something other than Asian?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oh shit. This works.

The casting news have been single-handedly getting me hyped for this show.

The Kree

Banned
You know, AFAIK Karnak and the other inhumans don't really have a set ethnicity, so go wild... but maybe make the guy whose power is karate chops something other than Asian?

I think of Karnak as the guy who's a miserable cantankerous son of a bitch. Ken Leung can do the fuck out of that.

Sou Da

Eh I see your point but Karnak does a lot more talking than fighting anyways.

anaron

Haven't seen Medusa's actress in anything but I'm liking the casting a lot.

My girl Crystal is the most important for me so they better do her good.

Karnak's primary role is strategist and advisor, not fighter. I think it's great casting and I don't mind the Royal Family not being related by blood if it means more diversity.

Sure, he does fight with a karate-like style but even that is specifically because his power is more centered around his intelligence and skill as a tactician. His power requires him to employ a fighting style that is fast and precise - and they don't necessarily have to translate that into "karate chops" for a live action version.

Kevinroc

Karnak's power is to see the flaw in all things. Structures, plans, people...

It usually translates to "karate chops" because superhero comics are always looking for new ways for people in funny costumes to punch other people in funny costumes in the face.

I think of Karnak as the guy who's a miserable cantankerous son of a bitch. Ken Leung can do the fuck out of that.

That was all Miles was (which is fine, him and Frank were the best of the freighter people), so Leung sounds perfect for the role.

gforguava

Man all this Inhumans stuff has me so twisted up inside. Being my favorite Marvel superhero team I'm glad this is getting made but network TV seems like an ill fit. But then it has this weird IMAX deal but with that comes a rushed production. But then they start casting and all their picks are solid if not great.

Its just too much for my inner fanboy.

Pachimari

Fuck yes, Karnak! I feel like they are announcing one cast a day, so we will probably get Gorgon and Crystal next week.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Inhumans royal family? Check
Great casting so far? Check
Big budget production connected to the MCU (sorry TV fans, you know the truth)? No? Fuck
Showrunner Scott Buck? Triple fucking fuck, all hope is lost.

The Kree

Banned
Inhumans royal family? Check
Great casting so far? Check
Big budget production connected to the MCU (sorry TV fans, you know the truth)? No? Fuck
Showrunner Scott Buck? Triple fucking fuck, all hope is lost.
How do you know what the budget is?

Other than the fact that the Asian guy gets cast as the karate member, this is really cool casting. Marvel casting still on point.

otakukidd

Karnak's power is to see the flaw in all things. Structures, plans, people...

It usually translates to "karate chops" because superhero comics are always looking for new ways for people in funny costumes to punch other people in funny costumes in the face.
Pretty sure it's not a power and he's just that fucking good.

Pachimari

Man my mind is playing tricks on me. Wasn't Karnak the crocodile-like monster, or was that Gorgon? I'm pretty sure that was Karnak. What happened.

REALLY curious to see who gets cast as the rest of the family now. Also super curious how far they're going to go with the makeup for people like Gorgon and Triton.

Yeah! I was thinking of Triton. We will probably see him, Crystal and Gorgon cast next week. I am so freaking excited.
I'm hoping they go with ninja Triton
Karnak is the best. Ironically the best Inhuman isn't actually inhuman.

He is Inhuman. People keep bringing up the fact that he didn't go through Terrigenesis as if that means he isn't Inhuman. It doesn't. His transformation triggered without Terrigenesis. By Right of Birth brings this up. He still has Kree DNA and is therefore still Inhuman.

Slayven

I'm hoping they go with ninja Triton

He is Inhuman. People keep bringing up the fact that he didn't go through Terrigenesis as if that means he isn't Inhuman. It doesn't. His transformation triggered without Terrigenesis. By Right of Birth brings this up. He still has Kree DNA and is therefore still Inhuman.

Exactly

Pachimari

Just looking at the images I would go with classic Triton and not the ninja one. I've never read the ninja Triton though but he doesn't look as cool. Would be nice to have some underwater stuff going on with Triton.

I'm personally worried they're not even gonna include Triton. But if they do can they please use him to backdoor Atlantis and Namor into the MCU?

Palmer_v1

Fuckin really? Night Shift is the reference they choose to go with?

I'mma have to start posting that ridiculous keyart again.

Just looking at the images I would go with classic Triton and not the ninja one. I've never read the ninja Triton though but he doesn't look as cool. Would be nice to have some underwater stuff going on with Triton.
Classic is cool. The most recent stuff has his ninja look.
I'm personally worried they're not even gonna include Triton. But if they do can they please use him to backdoor Atlantis and Namor into the MCU?
Well, he is Karnak's brother.

The Kree

Banned

They'll keep him in a fish tank and give him three lines like Abe Sapien until the end of the season when they need him for a very specific mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom