• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Inhumans TCA panel seems to have gone well. Also sad Affleck.

CydonianKnight

Neo Member
Real shame. Black Bolt and company deserve better than this project. I remember being excited when their movie was announced at that special panel years ago. And then it kept getting pushed back as new projects got introduced. And now we're here..

Wag

Yeah, this is sounding bad.

But to be fair, "Will your IMAX run be cheaper than others?" is kind of a passive aggressively dickish question to ask.

It will be interesting to see the IMAX numbers for this show. I'm betting <5k total attendance over 2days. Possibly <2k.

MartyStu

Jesus, THIS is the end result of the InHumans being shoved in our faces for YEARS?

I swear to god, if the Captain Marvel movie is not amazing, I am going to RIOT!

Dalek

I believe this series will be the definitive nail in the coffin for the "connected universe" discussion for TV and Movies. Fiege could make his own Inhumans movie 15 years from now and not want it to tie back to his garbage.

Please keep Loeb and Buck away from Marvel properties.

So, what does Scott Buck have on Jeph Loeb?

Not that Loeb has been all that great himself and it's been that way since his son passed away. =\

Why would you want something to be a failure?
For starters, this is Marvel's attempt to have their own version of the X-Men. Second, this seems like a poorly executed plan to push the Inhumans out the doors because Marvebis getting impatient. These reviews do not give me any hope that this is going to be good.

Cuburt

If I think about it, that... still makes absolutely no sense.
Shitty costumes, lame looking use of powers, and if Iron Fist and Inhumans came out in the early 2000's people might have also looked back and said "I guess it was okay, for the time".

Yikes, welp, so much for thinking there were positive impressions. Such a shame, Inhumans deserved so much better.

Not that Loeb has been all that great himself and it's been that way since his son passed away. =

I'm guessing after Feige split Marvel Studios from Perlmutter and dropped Inhumans, Ike then pushed it on Loeb (who probably wasn't crazy about it either) with a crazy budget/deadline. What I really hate is how Marvel threads here are ridiculously quick to jump on this Loeb hate bandwagon..

*Marvel TV does something bad*

"It's Loeb's fault!"
"He's such a hack!"
"LOEB!*shakes fist*"

*Marvel TV does something right (ie most of the Netflix stuff)*

"..."
"He's a broken watch"
"It's just a fluke!"
"It's certainly not Loeb's doing."

Would it kill you guys to give the poor man SOME credit?"

I feel like the actors probably don't deserve this. It should just be Buck, Leob, and Perlmutter sitting on the panel answering questions about why they hate our freedom.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I can't say I'm surprised after the Comic-Con panel. There was an air of defensiveness there, so they were definitely aware of the negative feedback.

I do feel bad for the actors. They probably thought this would lead to bigger things and maybe a spot in the movies.

LotusHD

Banned
Yikes, welp, so much for thinking there were positive impressions. Such a shame, Inhumans deserved so much better."

Yea I don't think there's been a single one so far.

I can't say I'm surprised after the Comic-Con panel. There was an air of defensiveness there, so they were definitely aware of the negative feedback.

I do feel bad for the actors. They probably thought this would lead to bigger things and maybe a spot in the movies.

I'd feel some type of way if they made it into the movies before the AoS cast did. I know, I know, it's Inhumans as opposed to a group of agents, but yea, I'd aggravate me nonetheless.

Not that Loeb has been all that great himself and it's been that way since his son passed away. =\

Buck has nothing on Loeb. He got both jobs because no one else was willing to do either show (Iron Fist or Inhumans) on the schedule they were asking for (Inhumans has basically had all the work done for it in about 8-9 months, I believe).

Permanently A

I believe this series will be the definitive nail in the coffin for the "connected universe" discussion for TV and Movies. Fiege could make his own Inhumans movie 15 years from now and not want it to tie back to his garbage.

Please keep Loeb and Buck away from Marvel properties.

Dang I didn't think about that. It would have been so cool to have Kingpin show up in the next Spider-Man movie.

Hey, I watch a couple of those campy syfy channel shows. Don't group them together with this. I enjoy watching those shows.

Genuinely asking, but can you name one of the better SyFy shows that could change someone's opinion who hasn't watched that network in years? Some of the shows look interesting, but the channel has a certain stink to it that hasn't been properly rid.

kurahador

Genuinely asking, but can you name one of the better SyFy shows that could change someone's opinion who hasn't watched that network in years? Some of the shows look interesting, but the channel has a certain stink to it that hasn't been properly rid.

The Expanse.

Rymuth

I said this to Jeph Loeb, who said he wished he had been there when I did the poll+ because he could have explained it

What about when people at home get it wrong? Will you be wishing you were in their homes then?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Shitty costumes, lame looking use of powers, and if Iron Fist and Inhumans came out in the early 2000's people might have also looked back and said "I guess it was okay, for the time".

Except X2 is still a great movie. And Singer put out the critically acclaimed Days of Future past a couple years ago.

So no, the comparison doesn't make sense.

VAD

Fuck this shit. I didn't find Iron Fist to be offensively bad, it was watchable, but everything about Inhumans scares me. Will still watch for Lockjaw and Maximus.

Cuburt

Except X2 is still a great movie. And Singer put out the critically acclaimed Days of Future past a couple years ago.

So no, the comparison doesn't make sense.

DoFP was a fluke carried more by the casting of Charles and Erik (and Jackman of course) due to the novelty of the premise and what Vaughn set up with First Class than being anything really exceptional on it's own.

Singer did 2 things that can be commended in (surprise!) the only 2 X movies that anyone priases: a creative scene showcasing Nightcrawler's powers and a scene showcasing Quicksilver's powers. That's his legacy.

Plus you that's like you have to ignore that he made that piece of shit Apocalypse when he's left to his own devices and even had the opportunity to start over with a blank slate (that he created) and still managed to fuck it up.

ZeoVGM

Banned
DoFP was a fluke carried more by the casting of Charles and Erik (and Jackman of course) due to the novelty of the premise and what Vaughn set up with First Class than being anything really exceptional on it's own.

Singer did 2 things that can be commended in (surprise!) the only 2 X movies that anyone priases: a creative scene showcasing Nightcrawler's powers and a scene showcasing Quicksilver's powers. That's his legacy.

Listen, if you have issues with them, that's fine. That's your personal opinion.

But it's widely accepted that both of those movies are great. Obviously, not everyone will agree with that. But it's the common belief.

Comparing Singer to Buck is dishonest and based on your personal bias.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Iron Fist was sad because the character is awesome but Inhumans is pretty much par for the course with Marvel trying to push those characters HARD in comics for several years without much results. It all started with Matt Fraction leaving the book that was supposed to start it all, Marvel fucked up something fierce there.

Bar the current Black Bolt book, which is super awesome.

Jeph Loeb has had such a strange career. From Commando to Long Halloween to Ultimatum to this...
Doubt I'll even watch the pilot and I used to fucking love the Inhumans thanks to the MK minis from Jenkins, Jae Lee, Pacheco and Ladronn. Marvel's push has really backfired big time in every medium.

Game Guru

For starters, this is Marvel's attempt to have their own version of the X-Men. Second, this seems like a poorly executed plan to push the Inhumans out the doors because Marvebis getting impatient. These reviews do not give me any hope that this is going to be good.

The problem Marvel has is that people want the X-Men, not X-Men knockoffs. I'm sure the Inhumans fans here would prefer the Inhumans or at the very least Black Bolt and his family to not be X-Men knockoffs when brought to television and film. I think those Inhumans fans would prefer the Inhumans to be the characters they fell in love with.

technopath

Neo Member
How do they expect audiences to be confident in the project when its own creators aren't? A bit tragic. I won't be watching, more so due to the lackluster footage than the terrible buzz and behind-the-scenes mess.

Comparing Singer to Buck is dishonest and based on your personal bias.

A lot of recent X-Men movie criticism is rooted in revisionist history. 2 out of 3 of Singer's X-movies were critically acclaimed box office hits. That's a fact, not an opinion. The third was still a hit but mediocre in quality. Furthermore, he was heavily involved in First Class. Matthew Vaughn said Singer had to approve a lot of his decisions and was over his shoulder through the process.

Shaanyboi

Banned
For starters, this is Marvel's attempt to have their own version of the X-Men.
Why is that a bad thing? X-Men and mutants ain't comin' back, bruh. And even so, they're not something you can naturally integrate this late into the game. They've already invested into the Inhumans concept for like 3+ years at this point. The change is done.

Second, this seems like a poorly executed plan to push the Inhumans out the doors because Marvebis getting impatient.
No one can argue that this seems rushed. That still doesn't answer why someone would want it to go badly.

These reviews do not give me any hope that this is going to be good.
Obviously.

Marvel TV has been coasting for a while (aside from AoS). Iron Fist was garbo, this looks like it's even worse and reeks of Perlmutter mandated shit.

The problem Marvel has is that people want the X-Men, not X-Men knockoffs. I'm sure the Inhumans fans here would prefer the Inhumans or at the very least Black Bolt and his family to not be X-Men knockoffs when brought to television and film. I think those Inhumans fans would prefer the Inhumans to be the characters they fell in love with.

Thing is inhumans could be its own, distinct thing. It doesn't have or need to be an XMen knock off. Initially, I actually thought Marvel had created inhumans 3 years ago because they couldn't use XMen, but inhumans have been around for a long time. The IP is distinct, interesting, and has its own history. It has potential, either as a movie trilogy within the MCU or a GoT series. They tried the latter and failed miserably, but I believe they failed because of it was so rushed. Plus the showrunner, etc didn't help matters.

I am gonna look on the bright side though. I was really looking forward to watching this, like I said, I think the IP is interesting and has major potential. I am also getting burned out by every thing else being a super hero property. I will skip on this for the time being and watch some other non super hero show/movie instead.

I watch Killjoys and Dark Matter. They mix in enough drama and fun to keep things enjoyable.

The Expanse.

Heard good things about this show, but haven't pulled the trigger on starting it. I think it's more drama heavy compared the two I mentioned.

RS4-

This show looks like some campy syfy channel bullshit. Xmen >>>> whatever these dudes are called

lol inhumans wishes it had anything close to good syfy quality stuff.

Inhumans is probably worse than anything syfy ever put out. Iron Fist tier.

Game Guru

Thing is inhumans could be its own, distinct thing. It doesn't have or need to be an XMen knock off. Initially, I actually thought Marvel had created inhumans 3 years ago because they couldn't use XMen, but inhumans have been around for a long time. The IP is distinct, interesting, and has its own history. It has potential, either as a movie trilogy within the MCU or a GoT series. They tried the latter and failed miserably, but I believe they failed because of it was so rushed. Plus the showrunner, etc didn't help matters.

I am gonna look on the bright side though. I was really looking forward to watching this, like I said, I think the IP is interesting and has major potential. I am also getting burned out by every thing else being a super hero property. I will skip on this for the time being and watch some other non super hero show/movie instead.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Inhumans can be successful if it was allowed to stand on its own merits rather than trying to make it an X-Men knockoff. I understand Marvel's need to make new Inhumans rather than new Mutants and a number of those Inhumans have been great characters in their own right, but Marvel Studios has the popularity to make the Inhumans work on its own merits so long as there is love and care put into it.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Iwan Rheon deserves better.

lSvT9Ku.jpg

The dog too.

I really like 12 Monkeys and The Expanse gets high praise.

The channel currently excels at pulling off great genre stuff with a limited budget.

Top Bottom