• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem (PC/XB1/PS4, EA/BioWare, Fall 2018) announced, full reveal at Microsoft conf

Harlequin

Well after we see the gameplay people can be like "yep destiny/titanfall/halo clone" but so far we don't know and people are shit posting about it.

There've been rumours about it being Destiny-like for a while now. This is not something people are merely basing in the trailer.

rtHslAQ.png

Congratulations!

LKSmash

People saying its exclusive,
Other people saying it's not exclusive.

Neogaf.gif...

Does anyone actually know it or you guys are just guessing?

do y'all not read threads? a person from bioware said it's not exclusive. that person has been quoted a bunch by other users. i mean damn.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Dynamic* 4K vs 1800p/Checkerboard 4K, the new nitpick disection waiting to happen
*Where it changes on the fly

lol

Yeah everything tomorrow will be about "true 4k". but in the end...you won't see the difference between native 4k on Scorpio and checkerboard 4k on PS4 Pro. It's not like your sitting 5 cm in front off your tv.

Also i don't think much devs will spend their resources to get native 4k on the Scorpio. Most will also use checkerboarding.

Rad-

Attack on Destiny.

I hope tomorrow is a good showing. I don't have much faith in Bioware anymore but since this is by their A-team I'm willing to give them a chance.

Kolx

I just hope the gameplay tomorrow is a substantial one. An early 2018 release would be nice to have as well.

I have to wait until the Microsoft Conference, but i'm so disappointed if this really is just a Destiny like Shooter. RPG Elements etc...yeah, but that's not enough for me, i want a real RPG.
That Power Armor stuff didn't instill me with confidence.

Oh well, at least they are working on Dragon Age 4.

For real. Bioware had a chance to make something unique and innovative, but instead they are seemingly making another coop shooter with RPG elements. We have enough of these games, and the exosuits and aliens... its all so tired and cliche at this point. Sincerely disappointed, but at least Sony will probably have some interesting single player games.

UberLevi

I love Destiny and this also looks like it could be cool. Pretty awesome that more video games are coming out, right guys?

[GAF continues to bicker amongst themselves about BioWare sucking, Destiny clones, and non-existent system exclusivity.]

Owzers

It really sucks...they should have just let MS do the entire reveal and it would have been sooooo much better and more exciting. The teaser was a dud by itself.

Yet still better than how they rolled out mass effect. The tease was dull, hopefully tomorrow they show something better than "here's a mech suit"

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Yeah everything tomorrow will be about "true 4k". but in the end...you won't see the difference between native 4k on Scorpio and checkerboard 4k on PS4 Pro. It's not like your sitting 5 cm in front off your tv.

Also i don't think much devs will spend their resources to get native 4k on the Scorpio. Most will also use checkerboarding.

Right, the visible difference between 900p and 1080p was amazing but you won't see a difference between native 4K and checkerboarding. And so it begins.

Only the beginning after monday port begging will be at all time high.
Haha seriously. I mean people just hear what the choose. Orangecoke was quoted like 20 times and people still didn't read it.

People are that wrapped up in their own version a of events that they only listened when shinobi comfirmed it ffs. Someone they (some of them) brutalized only 2 months ago... Well and truly

Neogaf.gif

Angel_DvA

lmao some people thought that was exclusive ? to an Xbox platform, atm ?

Anyway, it's difficult to be hype with a small teaser of nothing, can't wait for the reveal tomorrow, hope for a decent support for Scorpio.

Metalmarc

At least i get one x on my bingo card for this game, assuming its futuristic
No nhl 18 which i found odd, so i dont get my switch NHL dream marked off for that, not today anyways

image.png

Hmm...I remember seeing this argument somewhere before.

Right, the visible difference between 900p and 1080p was amazing but you won't see a difference between native 4K and checkerboarding. And so it begins.

+1

TissueBox

I'm always ready for a BioWare game, but if this online-based it'll be a slight letdown.

Hoping for a really cool environment and mechanics set to be shown off at MS' presser.

Monster Hunter
Lost Planet
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Destiny

My hope is that Anthem will be the child of all of the above, in the best ways. Co-op, jetpacks, large monsters, and lush environments.

Top Bottom