• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else been watching a lot of apocalypse films during the pandemic?

I've recently been binging apocalypse/pandemic/end of the world films. Just finished watching Greenland with Gerald Butler.

It reminded me of the 90s style disaster films I grew up watching. If you have a soft spot for those films, you'd probably enjoy it.

Anyone else been watching more of these films lately? Over this past weekend, I watched:

followed by:

anyways, I'm open to some recommendations. Thinking of watching 12 Monkeys next as I've never seen it.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

61qC1x-yMbL.jpg

Wow there really is no 4k version of this :messenger_neutral:

levyjl1988

Banned
I've been watching Olympus Has Fallen and episodes of 24. I can't wait to watch the USA tear itself apart on Wednesday, the whole country is fucked.

It's not the end of the world and we're nearly a year into the pandemic.
happy sloth GIF

BTW, skip the last 5 minutes of Greenland, it's garbage!

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Funnily enough, no actually. The News has been that crazy that I have almost been getting my apocalypse fill just from watching that. The only movie I really watched because of Covid was Contagion. It was scary how accurate that movie was.

I like apocalypse movies but good ones are few and far between, too much low budget cheese.
Yeah, I watched it when it first came out and thought it was good. Definitely interesting on rewatch during the pandemic.

Children of men, though dystopian rather than apocalyptic, is a great movie worth your time if you haven’t seen it.
I’ve seen it. Great film.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I like apocalypse movies but good ones are few and far between, too much low budget cheese.
I remember trying to watch Left Behind with Nicolas Cage. I didn't last long. I actually quite like Nic Cage but he picks some terrible films.

I really love The Day After Tomorrow but I'm not sure if it's a 'good' movie necessarily. I just remember it being really enjoyable. 2012 is decent for the disaster scenes, but a bit too long.

Last edited by a moderator:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Where's Night of the Comet?!

And Last Man on Earth!?!?!

I didn't finish The Road because it was too depressing.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
anyways, I'm open to some recommendations. Thinking of watching 12 Monkeys next as I've never seen it.
giphy.gif

That movie is for sure worth watching. Take my word for it. You should watch it alone for Brad Pitt's performance. He is truly amazing and unrecognisable in that film.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
giphy.gif

That movie is for sure worth watching. Take my word for it. You should watch it alone for Brad Pitt's performance. He is truly amazing and unrecognisable in that film.
my favorite part is at the end where brad pitt

reveals he's gay

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Prepping for the Great Reset?

61qC1x-yMbL.jpg

Wow there really is no 4k version of this :messenger_neutral:

Harrowing but gripping movie. I've only managed to watch it twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Love and monsters
I haven't heard about this, looks solid. That kid was very good in Maze Runner, I was thoroughly entertained by those movies. I didn't feel like I was the target audience and yet I still enjoyed them.

Top Bottom