• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone ever been to a swinger's club? What should I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the potato chips eaten?

Vince_Vaughn_Swingers.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
STDs, lack of hygiene, desperate single males (if single males are even allowed).

There are some things that are probably a given.

What is certainly not a given is that you will get to have sex.

liquidtmd

Banned
Honestly, I only have tengental experience, but I have never heard of one that allowed single men.

Typically there are couples only nights and then on other nights you can have 'greedy girl' nights where single men are allowed but they pay much more than couples or women, and then you get mixed nights where single men are allowed but only in limited number.

Or...So a friend tells me

I never went to a swinger's night, per se I guess?

More like, meet up and get your bang on with people and if you bring someone then you can kinda choose what and who you want to do.

...I guess it was one but it didn't really seem like it. Very fetishy, lotta strobe lights and silk curtains. Had to have sex on a bed that was basically a medical cot done up to look gothy with sheer curtains so people could basically watch you fuck.

Not a place for those with no confidence or a shame of being seen sexing it up.

The ratios weren't too bad, I guess because this was pretty highly vetted and checked out so my friend brought me and spoke for me but I had to get tested and have the results before being allowed to go as well as some other policies I'm forgetting. I think they were super strict about condoms or at least using one if you didn't have a vasectomy or IUD or anything so that no unwanted pregnancies would occur.

I guess it was a swinger's night but it seemed more like a general sex/fetish night.

Cyanity

Banned
Speaking as a friend of a couple who have gone to swingers events in the past, this is what I can recall from their account: The atmosphere should be very inclusive and welcoming, and might (depending on what type of event it is or when you arrive) start with a meet and greet period where everyone drinks, introduces themselves to one another, and declares kinks/turnoffs and what they're personally comfortable with, etc. Condoms should be a given but I have no idea how these events handle declarations of being "std free" or whatever.

Generally though, there should be a consent rule in place, and unwanted touching should be grounds for getting kicked out. There might be theme rooms, and as long as you ask, voyeurism should be ok. It's completely acceptable to show up with your wife and watch/do your own thing while watching if you aren't feeling it.

That's pretty much it, from what I can remember of my friends' accounts. Just go in with an open mind and you might make some new friends! Have fun!

mike6467

There's a club near Denver that's pretty renowned. My best friend (female) and I are planning on giving it a shot sometime. Single males are allowed, but the prices are astronomical compared to those for a couple. The prices for single women are negligible, unsurprisingly.

They have an introduction dinner that's relatively cheap that regular members attend and show new people what it's about. It's definitely an interesting experience, and I'm looking forward to delving into it further. They have themed events and parties in an area that's pretty much a mini club. Plenty of people go without participating and it seemed like a fun, sexually charged environment which gets as involved as you want it to. All kinds of people too.

krazen

Not necessarily a swingers club, but a girl I was dating took me to an 'event' where various people were getting into various kinks in different rooms including group sex. One was an S&M room, one where needleplay was happening, one room for group sex (there were sheets up so you can watch the shadows of the people having sex to keep it semi-anonymous but let people be voyeurs), they even had one room where a guy was trying to get off to a vacuum(!!!) It kind of cemented the idea Ive had a while that hobby 'geeks' come in all shapes and sizes...it reminded me of a bizarro comic con where instead of pop culture comic stuff people were all into just sex and had no problem talking your ear about it using all sorts of catchphrases and geeky acronymous while people were fucking right in front of you, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom