• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone excited for Kingdom Come Deliverance?

Senua

I read some previews and watched some videos about this game and it seems really cool, it seems like mount & blade meets elder scrolls. Quests that carry on without you if you wander off, realistic combat, limited vision seeing through your visor in your helmet and you don't play as a hero fighting dragons. The story is being written by the guy who wrote Mafia 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Tbone3336

Gold Member
Yes, I am certainly excited for it. I backed this way back on a King Tier ( Collectors Edition) level. Recently changed from a PC to the Xbox One Version, so hoping for a decent output on the X.

Mahadev

The second video is what completely sold me on the game when I watched it. Fast travel and the way you steal stuff seem to me great ideas plus I love the realistic combat. As a principle I never preorder games but I'll buy it day one if I'm not busy.

DavidGzz

Very hopeful but waiting on some reviews. As long as it's bug free, I think I will pick it up on the X.

flacopol

I´m a backer, I order the game one and half year ago, I really want to try it , the demo was good but far for optimized.

The only thing that I don´t like is the steam preorder version has things that not came on the preorder from the web site :/

Also.. that avatar... my man jerome

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
Quite looking forward to it, but I will await initial impressions on release before I make a decision on whether to buy it or not. I reminds me so much of Mount & Blade with more emphasis on the realism of combat etc.

Absolutely adored those games, spending dozens of hours taking my group of farmers turned warriors to battle against hordes of bandits with unfavourable odds of victory.

Last edited:

ickythingz

Banned
I backed it, but that weird demo thing they gave us a while back to try out was pretty bad. It has dropped off my radar and I have some serious doubts this game will end up being good.

Unity2012

Agree with some of you; the only thing holding me from preordering the game is "performance." I am not sure if that video was from an actual xbox one or a PC using a gamepad. Once I know more about performance, I'll make my decision. I am really interested in the game sort of realistic premise and the medieval setting.

Mahadev

When did they release the demo? I'm asking because I wonder if they had enough time to fix the problems.

Kadayi

Banned
Backed the Kickstarter. Very excited for the game. I'm not expecting it to be AAA necessarily given it's made on a modest budget. but much like Divinity:OS I see it as a decent indie studio venture and I think it's going in a good direction.

bufkus

I was until I found out the protagonist is fixed and there's no character customization. Seems like a huge waste of a sandbox medieval game if you can't play a character you can identify with.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah, there was another thread recently asking the same. I backed it and am still excited. I’ve been on a media blackout for about a year so to avoid spoilers. Not that it matters much, as the games media seem to be doing their best to avoid covering this game.

I just hope my PC is still up to the task of running it.

flacopol

When did they release the demo? I'm asking because I wonder if they had enough time to fix the problems.

My apologies not a demo , a beta is avaiable for the backers

I backed it, but that weird demo thing they gave us a while back to try out was pretty bad. It has dropped off my radar and I have some serious doubts this game will end up being good.

I have serious FPS drops with the beta , my rig is no the best , a humble I5 + GTX980ti + SSD + 16Gb ram, in the forum they said that the beta is far for optimized and they don´t want to use development time to impove the beta.

Eager to see the first release , not hype, I learned that from "No man´s sky"

120v

hyped as fuck. so glad to see everything come together after all these years

expectations are in check. but even if its a tire fire, hey, it was a cool concept to try

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yeah, I'm considering preordering. Something so appealing about just being some peon living in a realistic medieval setting and not a chosen dragon warrior who the fate of the world revolves around or whatever.

KevinKeene

Banned
I was until I found out the protagonist is fixed and there's no character customization. Seems like a huge waste of a sandbox medieval game if you can't play a character you can identify with.

Well, think of it as a Witcher 3-situation. A fixed hero allows for a more intricate story. Mind you, I'd prefer character custumization, too.

Seems like every RPG nowadays has to be compared to The Elder Scrolls lol. Not surprising, but times have certainly changed.

philm87

Soooo excited for this. Just don't know how well it'll hold up on consoles so not a preorder for me.

If you're on PC apparently they've promised to support the modding community and likely to give them access to their character customization tool that they used for NPCs in the game.

Interested to see what some of the big battles are like, not seen these in action.

Would love if they added a complete sandbox mode along the lines of Mount and Blade. From what I've seen there's potential for that to work very well.

sublimit

Banned
I've always been interested about it ever since i heard about its concept but i'll be waiting for impressions first. I'm afraid that the PS4 version may have lots of tecnical problems at launch.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Man it seems like this game was announced and I was blown away by their trailer, since I was a boy...........It's been so long, yet, though the graphics are not as wowing as they used to be back then, I like what the gameplay looks like. It still beats the likes of Witcher 3 in graphics, especially foliage and the combat looks pretty solid as well. Armor still looks ace.....

Last edited:

bufkus

Well, think of it as a Witcher 3-situation. A fixed hero allows for a more intricate story. Mind you, I'd prefer character custumization, too.

I mean if I wanted to play this game for the story, then I wouldn't mind, but the sandbox elements were what initially drew me in. And I don't see this as a Witcher 3 situation because in that game, you're just doing quests and not really anything sandbox-like.

KevinKeene

Banned
I mean if I wanted to play this game for the story, then I wouldn't mind, but the sandbox elements were what initially drew me in. And I don't see this as a Witcher 3 situation because in that game, you're just doing quests and not really anything sandbox-like.

I get you, as I said, I'd prefer custom creation myself. But it's not so bad. Botw also has you play as a defined character in a sandbox world - and it worked.

As long as Kingdom Come's story delivers in terms of excitement, I'm ok with their choice.

xviper

some people hated Witcher 3 because of the gameplay, wait until they play this

the game looks interesting, reminds me a lot of Oblivion, i'll see the reviews and decide whether to get it or not

Rellik

This is my first time seeing this and that second video in the OP was really interesting. I'm not going to jump onto PSN right now and pre-order it, but it definitely just became something I'm going to keep an eye on.

The only negative I've picked up from the video and this thread is having the fixed character, but that's because I'm a sucker for character customisation.

The combat will make or break the game for me. If it's as awful as it looks on video then I won't get it until it's in the bargain bin. Eagerly anticipating the first impressions.

Rellik

Definitely looks like there's going to be a big learning curve to it.

Especially if you're going into the game expecting the spam attack style of Skyrim. Looks like that approach will get you killed very quickly here. And then there's the need to be carrying stuff like bandages for wounds. I can see people raging when they randomly drop dead in the woods.

dok1or

Just watched these two videos and I love that "normal" feel of the game... Stealth, bow and arrow, slow gameplay... I like it...

grumpyGamer

I just love rpg´s but they seem to not differ much from each other, so i am really looking forward to this game since i believe it may break out from the routine.

so yeah i am hyped as hell :)

makaveli60

Can someone link me a gameplay video that we know for 100% that it is running on base ps4? I'm really about interested how it looks.

Last edited:

dok1or

Best trailer yet!
I hope those fight scenes are from real gameplay because they look much better than before!

Cool to see so much interest.

Well that is odd lol.

I mean, on paper it's the RPG i always wanted. But when i watch the videos it looks so lifeless. The combat looks like a bunch of people pretending to fight.
But who knows? Maybe i change my mind.

Rellik

Best trailer yet!
I hope those fight scenes are from real gameplay because they look much better than before!

I get the feeling those are when you are levelled up and the earlier videos are when you're some level 3 chump. The narrator does mention unlocking chain attacks later in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom