• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone excited for Kingdom Come Deliverance?

Dang, I have never heard of this before but it looks great.

I love Mafia 1 and 2 (so you're saying it wasn't the same writer for Mafia 3? that makes SO much sense)

I mean, on paper it's the RPG i always wanted. But when i watch the videos it looks so lifeless. The combat looks like a bunch of people pretending to fight.
But who knows? Maybe i change my mind.
Well pretending to fight is better than what most devs comes up with when they try to do sword fighting. My main worry is how optimize it is considering Im only playing with a rx 460.

Grinchy

Banned
I had never heard of this until a few days ago and it does look really great. I'm glad I have a Monster Hunter addiction atm so I can wait this out and find out what people really think about this one.

KevinKeene

Banned
Stinking like a man gives you more charisma when talking to women, but decreases your sneaking skills because enemies will smell you from afar. This, however, can be offset by simply carrying flowers in your inventory.

I love stuff like that :D

Last edited:

akuda

Lately, after Fallout 4 especially, I've become kind of disenfranchised with creating my own character. Even if I don't try and play as myself I still end up feeling like this:

It's much more compelling to me that I won't be completely sucked out of the action every time my character is brought up and I have to think, "well that wasn't my REAL family so I don't care" or "I regret that name it sounds silly 20 hours in..." Just create a really solid coherent story about the guy I'm playing as, I don't need to BE him. Henry looks interesting enough, I'm sure the story will go places and justify not letting me play as Sephiroth the Hedgehog, and it'll be nice not having to hear the voice actors constantly hedge to avoid saying the player character's name out loud.

Last edited:

Chief_Mitch

Yes! I'm so keen! I've been watching it since it first came about but kinda been turned off kickstarter these days after a couple of less than fantastic campaigns that i am still waiting on years after their claimed release. :\

In any case, this reminds me of a realistic Witcher game or something. So I'll be picking it up later this month for sure! :D

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Any idea who's making the OT? I'd love to be able to discuss the game without having to worry about getting banned unlike a certain other forum.

Backed the Kickstarter. Very excited for the game. I'm not expecting it to be AAA necessarily given it's made on a modest budget. but much like Divinity:OS I see it as a decent indie studio venture and I think it's going in a good direction.

Hellblade has established that indie or small budgets is not an excuse.

I'm somewhat interested because of the prestige and ambition associated with it. Not all that keen on yet another Medieval Europe setting.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
What do you mean exactly? You can't talk about this game on resetera?
You can, but every thread gets derailed and if you speak out against, you seem to get shit on.

Mods seem extra itchy with their trigger fingers in KCD threads, I was just labelled a misogynist and banned because I asked if different women would be easier to sleep with depending on their status lol.

What do you mean exactly? You can't talk about this game on resetera?
I wouldn't know the status of the game over there but Vavra is quite a colorful individual. I wouldn't know the validity of his claims, he's certainly more qualified to know about the history of his country than I am but at the very least I feel he should be allowed to make the game he wants.

xecollons

Neo Member
I wouldn't know the status of the game over there but Vavra is quite a colorful individual. I wouldn't know the validity of his claims, he's certainly more qualified to know about the history of his country than I am but at the very least I feel he should be allowed to make the game he wants.

The problem is when people with no idea make false accusations.

"Oh, there were black people in Spain in the 15th century!! Spain is in Europe!! Bohemia too!! So, of course, it have to be black people in Bohemia too." Absurd as it is, since Spain and Bohemia are quite far from each other.

nightfly

Really looking forward to it. Looks really fun. BTW, people on the other forum are going crazy over it (in the worst way possible lol). Apparently the people working on it are total evil nazi scumbags.

Senua

You can, but every thread gets derailed and if you speak out against, you seem to get shit on.

Mods seem extra itchy with their trigger fingers in KCD threads, I was just labelled a misogynist and banned because I asked if different women would be easier to sleep with depending on their status lol.
You weren't kidding, I just saw this post on there from a mod.

"Please remain civil while engaging in this thread. We will make clear our policy on Kingdom Come at a later time. "

What does this mean? specific rules for discussing the game because the director of the game wore an edgy t shirt?

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
You weren't kidding, I just saw this post on there from a mod.

"Please remain civil while engaging in this thread. We will make clear our policy on Kingdom Come at a later time. "

What does this mean? specific rules for discussing the game because the director of the game wore an edgy t shirt?
Yep, I don't know why I expected any different.

Dunki

I watched the first hour from the Gronkh video and it looks really intersting. MAn if there were not Trails Cold Steel 2 I would have bought it. So I think I will wait until Sommer to play it. They way they introduce things is really neat.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Any idea who's making the OT? I'd love to be able to discuss the game without having to worry about getting banned unlike a certain other forum.

Good question. Any volunteers?

I was initially going to wait for reviews, but the hype is getting to me. A new Daniel Vavra game in just a few weeks!
I checked the OT claiming thread and no one has put their hand up for it.

I am willing to give it a go because I am interested in this game, I think it deserves discussion and I want to contribute more instead of just reading all the time.

But...it’s a little tricky. I exclusively browse GAF on mobile, so designing an OT will be difficult and time consuming. I have next to no Photoshop skills, so I can’t design banners and such. And most importantly, I am currently suffering from severe sciatica (read: immense pain), so sitting in one position for longer than 2 minutes is next to impossible at the moment.

I’m off to a doctor’s appointment in an hour. If nobody volunteers by the time I get back, I’ll give it a go and do my best, but it won’t be too pretty lol.

Anyone have any suggestions for a reliable image host?

levitan

I checked the OT claiming thread and no one has put their hand up for it.

Anyone have any suggestions for a reliable image host?

I might be wrong, but it looks like most members use imgur. Hope all is well with the doctor's appointment, by the way.

I am very excited for this game!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I might be wrong, but it looks like most members use imgur. Hope all is well with the doctor's appointment, by the way.

I am very excited for this game!
Ah cool, I think I have an imgur account.

Cheers. Basically on meds for two weeks and if it hasn’t settled, I have to have an MRI. It’s a recurrence of a previous injury so I know what I’m in for. Probably another operation :rolleyes:.

Have to go to the chemist now to pick up my medication. I will check the claim the OT thread when I get back to see where we are at with this game, but it looks like the OT might be up to me (if they allow me) if no one volunteers. You poor people, lol.

I’m excited for this game too!

gioGAF

I am interested in this game, but I have plenty of time to find out if it is a purchase or not. Still have to wait for a complete edition anyway.

Shini42

I find it hard to be excited for an rpg in a medieval setting without magic and mythical creatures. It wasn't very fun time in human history with too much religious fanaticism and anti sanitary conditions. I would rather slay me a dragon, that die from dysentery in game.

KevinKeene

Banned
I find it hard to be excited for an rpg in a medieval setting without magic and mythical creatures. It wasn't very fun time in human history with too much religious fanaticism and anti sanitary conditions. I would rather slay me a dragon, that die from dysentery in game.

Well, you've got a thousand games to enjoy exactly that. Meanwhile rpgs set in realistic settings are exceedingly rare.

makaveli60

Yep, I don't know why I expected any different.
I suppose this is the reason:

There is nothing scarier than human ignorance and stupidity. Respect for Daniel Vávra for not bending to this bull***t. If only more developers could be like him, but I know that it is suicide going against this nonsense insanity that is the current climate. Anyway, I was following this game more or less since its announcement but I was hesitant despite knowing that Daniel is one of the creators of some of my most beloved games (Mafia1-2) but when I saw this picture I knew that this must be bought Day One.

Last edited:

There is nothing scarier than human ignorance and stupidity. Respect for Daniel Vávra for not bending to this bull***t. If only more developers could be like him, but I know that it is suicide going against this nonsense insanity that is the current climate. Anyway, I was following this game more or less since its announcement but I was hesitant despite knowing that Daniel is one of the creators of some of my most beloved games (Mafia1-2) but when I saw this picture I knew that this must be bought Day One.

I was going to wait for reviews to buy the game but now I’m just going to buy it.

There are so many online trolls out there that it's become sad how they just don't have anything better to do with their time. The game looks great but I have the same worry as always, a very buggy game and poor performance which is why I often wait.

Last edited:

That's exactly why I'm excited for this.

Reminds me of Life is feudal, but much prettier.

makaveli60

p
There are so many online trolls out there that it's become sad how they just don't have anything better to do with their time. The game looks great but I have the same worry as always, a very buggy game and poor performance which is why I often wait.
I don't know what is more sad, if people really think these things seriously or if they are only trolling.

I'm not expecting high-end AAA quality here either from a relatively small studio obviously, but from the videos it seems good enough, and there are developers there who are quite experienced. My only worry is the combat, I don't really like that, but maybe I will enjoy it when I play it. I had the same with Assassins Creed Origins, I was dissapointed with the combat when I saw it, but I really enjoy playing it.

bufkus

Yeah. I like that this game is going for extreme realism. I can't think of any other RPGs that do this.

Well for one, Life is Feudal. Which I'm currently playing and having a blast with. Kingdom Come had potential but it sounds like Mafia in a medieval setting instead of a proper sandbox medieval game so I've completely lost interest.

Grimmrobe

Well for one, Life is Feudal. Which I'm currently playing and having a blast with. Kingdom Come had potential but it sounds like Mafia in a medieval setting instead of a proper sandbox medieval game so I've completely lost interest.
Sorry, I meant to say singleplayer RPGs. Life is Feudal is MMO, right?

Dunki

I think you should watch the preview to see it is nothing like it. ITs far more Witchery with hardcore mechanics. The introduction of this games is also really neat. And it seems there are ton of choices dialogue which is based on your stats etc.

There are even trophies for not killing any person during the main story which itself is already really exciting

Bl@de

Yep. Followed the game since the announcement and preordered on GoG. On top of that Vavra is a great guy who doesn‘t cave to bullshit from SJW trolls on Twitter. I like the historical focus of the game but it won‘t be for everyone. Will be another slav success for me after the Witcher 3. I would make an OT ... but I‘m too lazy and have a job interview on release day^^

Looks like the game will release earlier on Steam. That's annoying. I'll always prefer DRM-free from GOG but I might crack if the reviews are good.

Rellik

For me, this game not being that is why I'm interested. I love being an overpowered dragon slayer and saving the world, but sometimes you just want to chill and be some nobody in the 1400s, drinking lots of ale and stealing people's belongings.

it sounds like Mafia in a medieval setting

Perfect. Mafia is one of my favourite series and the realism is part of that.

Last edited:

RavageX

I don't understand what is going on with gaming these days.

I'd understand if this were...let's say...Grand theft auto. You do an open world game set in modern times you make it to reflect some of whats real. Cultural diversity is everywhere now.

Back then, wasn't the case. That's like having a black family in Asian countries back in the day. (Which I don't believe was a thing)

You want to complain about something, it would have been best to do so when games were being made where you were just a generic dude with a your hair shaved super low.

Top Bottom