• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone excited for Kingdom Come Deliverance?

I love Gaf the way it is now also. Never had an account but been browsing for years. But I just couldn’t anymore because it was driving me insane with all the issues instead of just talking about games. But I joined up and I’m loving gaf as it is.
Same here. I used to browse Gaf but the constant SJWs derailing topics was insufferable. Thank goodness they've all pissed off and are infesting another forum now. This place is vastly improved as a result.

On topic, I've been following this game since the Kickstarter, but the closer we get to release, the less enthusiastic I am. I like RPGs with fantasy elements (the aesthetic likeness to Oblivion is what initially piqued my interest), which I feel lend to a vast array of quest lines. With this being grounded in realism, I'm not sure if the quests will hold my interest. I'll wait for reviews, I guess. Hope they knock it out of the park.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Controversial political issues will always attract high traffic but Bl@de Bl@de is correct - there's no more derailing like you used to see.

The other forum can hardly even keep an open thread to discuss Kingdom Come, because their users are incapable of respectful discussion.
Lol even the patch thread was almost derailed.

iorek21

I am very excited for this game my only worries about it is the performance and the combat (which seems a little... clumsy?)

marcincz

Is that for the physical version? Not sure why they would have you download the game which is the same size and then a patch on top for the digital version.
Physical version, too.
But weight of the patch will be "only" 23 gb, not 30. :)

Last edited:

Bl@de

why does the main character look like the most generic voitek in existance?

Because they focus on historical accuracy. Duh!

I hope they have proper crouch animations. We eastern europeans are very proud of our crouching skills
tumblr_nga869kXq41tl7vq1o1_500.jpg

asker

why does the main character look like the most generic voitek in existance?
I thought that as well. He couldn't look further from an RPG protagonist. But I've come to terms with it since he's supposed to be a young blacksmith's apprentice still wet behind the ears, with no combat experience whatsoever. But obviously, the sooner we can mod that face the better.

Who’s doing the OT for this game? If nobody else can, I’ll put one together tonight.

I’ve not exactly been following the game since the beginning. Literally only saw gameplay of it for the first time last night. I liked what I saw though, and it’s looks like it’ll be the first game I buy on release since 2015.

The game looks interesting. I am waiting for reviews and impressions first.

Same here. I love a good medievil setting and hope this is a great game. Interesting that this isn’t a fantasy title and really hoping its a true open world game with immersion.

Dunki

The game looks interesting. I am waiting for reviews and impressions first.
Why not watch like the first hour of the game which is on youtube.^^

I would not trust gamestream media reviews with this one to be honest for several reasons.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I would not trust gamestream media reviews with this one to be honest for several reasons.

Did not know that was out there. I'll give it a watch later today.

Who’s doing the OT for this game? If nobody else can, I’ll put one together tonight.

I’ve not exactly been following the game since the beginning. Literally only saw gameplay of it for the first time last night. I liked what I saw though, and it’s looks like it’ll be the first game I buy on release since 2015.

In looking at the sticky thread at the top of the board it does not look like anyone has claimed the OT yet.

Last edited:
Did not know that was out there. I'll give it a watch later today.

In looking at the sticky thread at the top of the board it does not look like anyone has claimed the OT yet.
Welp, I’ll take it on then. It’s out Tuesday so I’ll get it up ready tonight.

I've read something that game is super realistic with inventory managment or needing to eat food regularly? Is there some kind of easy mode to avoid all that?

Dunki

I've read something that game is super realistic with inventory managment or needing to eat food regularly? Is there some kind of easy mode to avoid all that?
It goes far beyond that.
Example food goes bad you can get food poisoning etc. Also armor plays a big role as well. If someone has armor you can not jsut easily kill him. Its more about stamina loss and then killing him etc. Also Time plays a big role. If you accept a quest and they expect you to be there at evening or so. you better be there and not 200 days later. If you are not they will solve it on their own prob and you lose reputation etc. And I doubt an easy mode can change this since it is fully integrated in the game.

this is a true hardcore game. If you do not like such things you will prob have a bad time. Also one of the reasons why I would not trust mainstream media reviews.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I really want this game to be good, as I want a well made, realistic(ish) medieval title. It seems like a breath of fresh air compared to the Elder Scrolls and Witcher titles we tend to see. I won't lie, I do kind of want it to also do well to spite the overzealous folk who seem hellbent on destroying the game because of their own misconceived beliefs.

ickythingz

Banned
I love Gaf the way it is now also. Never had an account but been browsing for years. But I just couldn’t anymore because it was driving me insane with all the issues instead of just talking about games. But I joined up and I’m loving gaf as it is.

This is me as well. Been browsing here since forever,but never made an account due to the increasing militant nature of the left.

On topic, when do PC backers get the preload code?!?!

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
A lot of footage appearing now, and looking really good. The only thing that worries me is that reports of frame-pacing issues have popped up in a few places, which if true, is hopefully resolved in a patch. Nothing worse than constant stuttering.

Dargor

Dunno if this was already asked, but will we be able to pre-download the game on Steam?

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
Game look good. I'm waiting to see reviews and user opinions before I buy it but I like the ideas behind the game. It seems strange to me that there aren't more historical rpgs.

thelawof4

When this game was on Kickstarter, i contributed to it solely because it looked so very beautiful with that Voxel-Based Global Illumination (realistic/pleasing to the eye) and the way the developers spoke about the project. I hope the final version will run just as smooth as the early beta on my aging machine.

Kadayi

Banned
Game look good. I'm waiting to see reviews and user opinions before I buy it but I like the ideas behind the game. It seems strange to me that there aren't more historical rpgs.

Indeed. I think it will be a bit of a testbed in that regard.

Geki-D

Banned
Saw the game on sale yesterday in a big chain store. Made me whip out my phone and check the date on my Amazon pre order. Sort of considered canceling and getting it then and there, but it was like 20€ more than on Amazon. Still though, if you're in France, look in Auchans if you're interested in getting it a whole day in advance (yeah, it's a bit late now for that 4 day before release magic when I saw it).

KevinKeene

Banned

Yeah, after Kotaku's Xenoblade Chronicles 2 review, reviews are pretty much worthless. Too much close-minded political attachment.

What I've seen looks great, but i've got too many games to finish as is. Will get it at a later point.

Dunki

Yeah, after Kotaku's Xenoblade Chronicles 2 review, reviews are pretty much worthless. Too much close-minded political attachment.

What I've seen looks great, but i've got too many games to finish as is. Will get it at a later point.
Its not only because of the political stuff. It is more about the game being totally hardcore and I am not trusting "journlaists" to undertand this game to be honest.

Is this game a bait for a disappointment or a sleeper HIT Is what we see is what we get..really want to day 1 this with Prime and not wait for reviews when it hit the shelves.

Btw, when are the reviews officially dropping?

Top Bottom