• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple CEO Tim Cook spotted at video game designer Valve's headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The only rational explanation is that he's inquiring as to the whereabouts of today's CS:GO patch.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dammmnnnn. I hope something awesome comes out of this!

Meanwhile at MS, Sony and Nintendo HQ...

tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif

Petrichor

A collaboration wouldn't make any sense. They're ideological opposites. Gabe is a massive hypocrite if he gets into bed with apple.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
"Steam works similar to Apple's iOS App Store within iTunes, providing a market for PC video game titles and a mechanism for automatically delivering the latest software updates to players."

I think they have that backwards. Apple's iOS App Store works similar to Steam.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
They've met with Apple before as they mention, this is probably nothing more than trying to evolve iOS/OSX with gaming in mind for the future I would imagine.

I really can't see Apple and Valve getting together for anything hardware wise.

entremet

PC guys should not worry about this one bit. It's the antiquated console companies and their terrible DD initiatives that should be more concerned.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
PC guys should not worry about this one bit. It's the antiquated console companies and their terrible DD initiatives that should be more concerned.

I'm not worried. Steam could die tomorrow and three companies would rise in its place.

Since when is Apple "the devil" or "evil"? Is this just some gaming side meme?

You are the gaming side. A board filled with self avowed PC gamers and people who desperately want handheld consoles to succeed. I have no idea why anybody would consider Apple the devil do you?

There's some really strange stuff going on at Valve these days. Maybe Tim Cook wants to start some kind of gaming initiative for Macs? It can't be a hardware thing Apple doesn't design stuff for other companies and I very much doubt Gaben would sell Valve.

McHuj

I agree.

Maybe Sony and MS should wait until 2014 or 2015 to release a new console, right?

iMegaton announcements incoming?

I wonder what they talked about. If it's anything similar to all the crazy stuff people are thinking then this will lead to some glorious meltdowns.

nowai

Lord Gaben, please don't turn on your faithful!

Make the Gabecube/Steambox yourself without being tied to the Serpent's fruit of choice.

Sean

Banned
Apple gets payback for Microsoft stealing Halo away from them, makes Half-Life 3 Mac OS X exclusive.

Furoba

Apple buys steam for a ridiculous price.

I could see that happening. If you're looking to get seriously into the gaming industry, that'd be certainly the way to do it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Apple already has their app and game store on Mac, not sure how it could be integrated with Steam without one or the other losing their purpose entirely.

One thing's true - Valve is a premier Mac game developer, one of the few, if not only who treats platform as a PC equal.

Its ok, this is just Valve trying to get shitty gpu drivers on OSX straightened out.
We can only hope. Much more performance out of the same hardware if you just run the same game under Windows -_-

Gowans

Apple Steambox idea is crazy, steams power is OTs huge library of WINDOWS games. If it did make a steam box it would have to run windows if they wanted their library to work.

Zilch

Banned
You are the gaming side. A board filled with self avowed PC gamers and people who desperately want handheld consoles to succeed. I have no idea why anybody would consider Apple the devil do you?

There's some really strange stuff going on at Valve these days. Maybe Tim Cook wants to start some kind of gaming initiative for Macs? It can't be a hardware thing Apple doesn't design stuff for other companies and I very much doubt Gaben would sell Valve.

Brah I haven't bought a videogame in more than a year. I think Apple is awesome, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom