• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple CEO Tim Cook spotted at video game designer Valve's headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Be3VG.jpg

I, for one, welcome our new gaming overlords.

red731

Lord Gaben, please don't turn on your faithful!

Make the Gabecube/Steambox yourself without being tied to the Serpent's fruit of choice.

therockclapping.gif

Nice.
I for one look forward to our bright future- even if it means destruction of the worlds.

Liamario

Banned
I don't consider any of the apple devices as gaming devices. They are devices which you can play games on.

With that said, Apple/Valve(Steam) gaming console........

1230086408349kb7.jpg

bj00rn_

Banned
Coming from someone who's writing this post on a MacBook Pro, have an iPhone 4, an AppleTV and an iPad I'll just say this: FUCK touch-gaming (and "Apple-gaming" in general). Seriously.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This combined with the information that Starck is designing a "revolutionary" product from Apple for the end of the year is...interesting.

EDIT: I see I've been beaten to that point.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
A console from Apple seems pretty OBVIOUS. Last thing they want is Microsoft to have an easy win in leaving rooms, which is exacly what is happening right now.

Thraktor

Most likely scenario: Apple is planning on transitioning their Mac line to "retina" displays this year, and when they announce them they're going to want to show off games running at 4K resolution. Valve are one of the only developers who release Mac versions of games day one, so they're an obvious potential partner for such a press event. Cook would be there seeing how well Dota 2/HL3/L4D3/whatever is running on the new hardware and getting feedback on GPU requirements and so forth.

Most likely scenario: Apple is planning on transitioning their Mac line to "retina" displays this year, and when they announce them they're going to want to show off games running at 4K resolution. Valve are one of the only developers who release Mac versions of games day one, so they're an obvious potential partner for such a press event. Cook would be there seeing how well Dota 2/HL3/L4D3/whatever is running on the new hardware and getting feedback on GPU requirements and so forth.

You don't send the CEO to have that conversation.

Oh shit, this is big news. CEO's don't just visit for minor things.

Depends on why he's in Seattle. If it's only to meet with Valve, then yeah, probably nothing minor.

If he's in Seattle for some other reason then he could be going there for all kinds of minor things.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Apple buys steam for a ridiculous price.

I could see that happening. If you're looking to get seriously into the gaming industry, that'd be certainly the way to do it.
Not impossible, but I think Gabe is staunchly against that. Soesort of collaboration is perhaps more likely.

I can already see it in the headlines:

After accepting that HL3 will never be released Gabe Newell of Valve Software made the decision that gaming could only be saved by one thing. So he pondered...

il1qCNQlSzzkQ.jpg

Hats, Hats! Hats could not be given to the world by a company the size of Valve. He needed the company with the biggest cash reserves to aid him in the task.

Most logical answer I've seen.

Dmented

Banned
I can already see it in the headlines:

After accepting that HL3 will never be released Gabe Newell of Valve Software made the decision that gaming could only be saved by one thing. So he pondered...

il1qCNQlSzzkQ.jpg

Hats, Hats! Hats could not be given to the world by a company the size of Valve. He needed the company with the biggest cash reserves to aid him in the task.

to5vy.png

itsgreen

I am confident in Gabe.

Gabe knows where is base is. And Apple will never buy Valve because the owners of Valve are already rich and aren't in it for the money....

If Valve and Apple go into business together I will actually lose my shit.

I will make so many hyperbolic statements about my feelings. So fucking many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom