• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

And that's why 16GB is the base.

They take just what's on the other side of uncomfortable and make it the base. Now the next step up looks like a lot of value.
Same thing with the iPad pro. 32GB base with 128GB the next step. You know those higher res apps will be huge.

When even 32GB is slightly uncomfortable, then it'll be the iPhone base.

With how the iPhone manages storage, 16GB is a major problem. I don't know a single iPhone user on a 16GB model, that's had it for 18 months, that doesn't routinely complain about out of storage issues, even after they "delete everything." I believe that storage management is a major focus for the next iOS release according to rumors.

Squalor

i have a decent amount of music, photos and apps on my 16GB.
with spotify i honestly don't need anymore.
still not much.
Photos and videos on the 6 and 6s are a much higher quality, though. And apps, especially if you have games, are getting bigger and bigger.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
If I preorder this off Verizon's website and it gets shipped to me is it fully set up for use or do I have to take it to a store to get it activated? Never preordered a phone before.

Anno

If I preorder this off Verizon's website and it gets shipped to me is it fully set up for use or do I have to take it to a store to get it activated? Never preordered a phone before.

It'll do everything for you pretty quickly.

Squalor

Send it to me, and I'll set it up for you, then ship it back between now and never.

Nasser

I feel ashamed of my 8 GB on iPhone 4, but I survived.
16 GB sounds godly to me.

How did you do it? I've had the 16GB 5S for 2 years and I constantly have to delete stuff to take pics or download things. I'm getting the 128GB, since I'm sure I'm going to use it for the next 2 years if not more.

Fjordson

If I want to pre-order a new phone but without any sort of upgrade or payment plan does it have to be unlocked? Or can I just pay the full price for an AT&T phone?

I've always had an upgrade in the past so I've never done this.

Squalor

If I want to pre-order a new phone but without any sort of upgrade or payment plan does it have to be unlocked? Or can I just pay the full price for an AT&T phone?

I've always had an upgrade in the past so I've never done this.
You can buy an iPhone outright that's locked to AT&T.

Sami+

How did you do it? I've had the 16GB 5S for 2 years and I constantly have to delete stuff to take pics or download things. I'm getting the 128GB, since I'm sure I'm going to use it for the next 2 years if not more.

4K video aka "rip 16gb users"

Anno

I always assume people with storage issues at 16gb either take a ton more photos videos than I do or keep a large local music collection. I only have podcasts, games and a couple photos on my phone. Music I just stream and 99% of the photos I take are garbage and get deleted shortly afterwards. Meanwhile the wife has I think 9 pictures and one video of some ducklings and complains about storage on a 64gb.

What's the point of 4k video recording if only one portable device and 0 devices in the apple world outside of a 4k display can display it properly?

ZeroX03

Banned
What's the point of 4k video recording if only one portable device and 0 devices in the apple world outside of a 4k display can display it properly?

If only they released a product with a 5k resolution so we could truly play with the footage...

Also if the phone is capable of 4k why wouldn't we want that option?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Do people just delete the local copy of their photos off the phone after the photos have been backed up to the cloud ? I have Google Photos, iCloud and OneDrive for backup. I think I can delete the photos locally... still feel a little unsafe though.

subrock

Do people just delete the local copy of their photos off the phone after the photos have been backed up to the cloud ? I have Google Photos, iCloud and OneDrive for backup. I think I can delete the photos locally... still feel a little unsafe though.
If you use iCloud to store your photos you can choose to keep only the optimized version on the phone.

Bloodrage

Banned
I feel ashamed of my 8 GB on iPhone 4, but I survived.
16 GB sounds godly to me.
lol I'm going from a 16GB 4S to a 64 or 128GB 6S+. Dis gon b gud.

Also, it's pretty alarming to see Apple distancing themselves more and more from black bezels. I would have preferred Rose Gold with black bezel or Silver with black bezel. Fucking everyone has Space Gray and it's the only one with black.

Fjordson

I always assume people with storage issues at 16gb either take a ton more photos videos than I do or keep a large local music collection. I only have podcasts, games and a couple photos on my phone. Music I just stream and 99% of the photos I take are garbage and get deleted shortly afterwards. Meanwhile the wife has I think 9 pictures and one video of some ducklings and complains about storage on a 64gb.
Yeah, music does it for me since I don't stream. Also have a decent number of pictures.

Strange that they kept 16GB with the improved camera and increased pic/vid sizes.

The decrease in iCloud fees is nice but they are basically forcing 16GBers to use the service.

Glad they decided to keep the RAM at 1GB, the screen at sub 1080p, and the current storage configurations.

Should help keep the price down oh wait fuck you. $650.

Gamerloid

So how does adding a new line to an existing family plan work? Do I just ore-order from the Apple Store or would I have to get it from the phone carrier themselves?

CronoShot

Strange that they kept 16GB with the improved camera and increased pic/vid sizes.

The decrease in iCloud fees is nice but they are basically forcing 16GBers to use the service.

It's not strange at all. Having everyone feel compelled to upgrade to at least 64GB is making them money hand over fist. And the people who don't are still paying $650 for a 16GB phone in 2015.

It's shitty is what it is.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, hopefully this will motivate some sucker to sell me his or hers iP6. My splintered iPhone4 is a wreck

Hutchie

Upgrad due in October so will be getting a 6s as 6s+ is far to big for me. Gonna struggle with 16gb as i dont fancy paying more than £100 for the upgrade

Not confirmed. Every leak pointed to 2GB.
I think they'd publish that information on a phone they've already started taking pre-orders for. No excuse for it to not be listed with the rest of the specs. If they were bumping the RAM, it'd have been mentioned.

What, are they going to announce all the features in one announcement and then have a second announcement to reveal the RAM? Come the fuck on.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Why? It isn't like any video or photo I take on my phone stays on my phone. My phone memory is a simple medium until it is uploaded to the cloud. Everything is streamed.

16gb is plenty until games start taking up more space.

I'd think they'd publish that information on a phone they've already started taking pre-orders for. No excuse for it to not be listed with the rest of the specs. If they were bumping the RAM, it'd have been mentioned.

Pre-orders have not started yet. That is on the 12th. You will know your RAM number by then.

I'd think they'd publish that information on a phone they've already started taking pre-orders for. No excuse for it to not be listed with the rest of the specs. If they were bumping the RAM, it'd have been mentioned.

They've *never* mentioned RAM on iOS devices. We go through this every time they release a new one

Top Bottom