• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's September 12 Event | It's almost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

4 Days, 21 hours

Hype

iROvF.jpg

4 Days, 21 hours

Hype

iROvF.jpg
Love these. Takes me back to the iPad unveiling.

I remember being super underwhelmed as I was expecting a tablet running OS X. I also remember walking to the closest Apple store on launch day, not seeing a line, and then asking an Apple employee if they were sold out. She said "No, we have all configurations available" and I remember thinking "Welp, looks like the iPad bombed."

Love these. Takes me back to the iPad unveiling.

I remember being super underwhelmed as I was expecting a tablet running OS X. I also remember walking to the closest Apple store on launch day, not seeing a line, and then asking an Apple employee if they were sold out. She said "No, we all configurations available" and I remember thinking "Welp, looks like the iPad bombed."

My thinking was more along the lines of... "its just a big iPhone, who will fall for this?" lol

Odrion

Banned
I remember thinking "Oh, it's like a laptop for stupid people." Heck, I think that's what I posted.

Now I own one, and sometimes it can be pretty incredible. So I was either wrong or I'm an idiot.

edit: So the iPad min willi probably come in a variety of candy colors. If that building is anything to judge by. Damn! Should've waited.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Those banners would tie in to 9to5Mac's story about more color options coming to the iLine.

That was my first thought as well, although they tend to be very colourful with the artwork each time anyway.

Anodised aluminium like they did with the Nanos would make more of a feature of the back, and there has been a bit of inconsistency with the colour of the leaked parts. Be very surprising if coloured ones hadn't leaked though.

Blackhead

Redarse
Speaking of media file sizes: I don't even know why sending videos or photos is an option with iMessages. It takes forever to send a video and way longer than it should to send a picture. It badly needs a compress option like WhatsApp does with media. I barely even use imessages because of this. I don't need to send a 10 second 150mb video of my dog chasing his tail to someone in full 1080P HD, thanks.

I know iMessages is new-ish but it's pretty bare and useless to me as is. Let's not even get into messages just randomly disappearing too...

iOS needs some changes. I have a few of these pet peeves with Apple that really annoy the shit out of me.

Also cosigning iMessage being worthless right now. Some times messages don't send, they take forever to send even if on 3G/WiFi. Grossly inconsistent service and I'm surprised Apple hasn't invested more into it. I really thought the iMessage announcement was huge but they went nowhere with it. Hopefully there's some sort of update next week.

Never had an imessage disappear, and yes unlimited texting isnt a big deal. THough syncing with imessage on my mac is. It's dope.

:| iMessage is one of my top features in iOS6. I'm looking forward to seamlessly integrating sms notifications and replies on the desktop/laptop and really hope it doesn't disappoint...

edit: So the iPad min willi probably come in a variety of candy colors. If that building is anything to judge by. Damn! Should've waited.

Here's the one for the first iPad event:
top.jpg

it only came in one color lol

That was my first thought as well, although they tend to be very colourful with the artwork each time anyway.

Anodised aluminium like they did with the Nanos would make more of a feature of the back, and there has been a bit of inconsistency with the colour of the leaked parts. Be very surprising if coloured ones hadn't leaked though.

He doesnt mean the iPhone line. Just the iPod line.

I truly hope this new aluminum iphone will allow us to finally get colored iPhones during this next generation. i don't expect it yet, but maybe during the 7th generation when they keep the same body.

hirokazu

If the iPhone 5 does come with LTE, it better support frequencies used outside the US. Incredibly dumb otherwise like iPad's LTE was.

I wonder how my grandfathered "unlimited data" plan from AT&T will be affected by these new phones?

I mean, I've never really checked my usages but I'm constantly, constantly using data. I use Spotify almost exclusively for my music, I use Facebook Twitter & Instagram throughout the day, constantly browsing the web, etc - but I've never gotten any notice or reduction or cap put on my data.

If the new iPhone has 4G, do I HAVE to use it? Or can I just keep truckin' with 3G and my classic plan?

hirokazu

You guys are looking too much into the colour thing. It's just a poster, probably with a white Apple logo in the middle. I don't think it's meant to be a cryptic clue about anything.

Zeth

It is extremely likely we could see multiple colors for new nanos or shuffles. But it's not related to the colored billboard, they always do that.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Pretty sure it's not as simple as pressing a switch. And that date was decided by Ofcom.

Ofcom said yes, and they'd been trialling it already. So a rollout soon after the 11th date isn't out of the question.

Vodafone/O2 have thrown their toys out of the pram and appealed, so who knows what's happening now though.

Radec

You guys are looking too much into the colour thing. It's just a poster, probably with a white Apple logo in the middle. I don't think it's meant to be a cryptic clue about anything.

This.

And even if they are releasing bunch of nanos, i doubt it'll be headlining the event.

You guys are going to get black and white iPhone and iPod touches lol.

KingKong

so what are the chances of the iPad Mini actually being announced at this event? it seems like all the tech sites went from '100%' to 'sometime in October'

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
so what are the chances of the iPad Mini actually being announced at this event? it seems like all the tech sites went from '100%' to 'sometime in October'

I can't see them wanting attention shared by both at one event, they are both pretty key products for them.

iPods can be bolted onto either event.

noah111

Still Alive
I guess its time I get my wallpaper ready for the new iphone. 1136 x 640
Is it 1136 or 1138? I thought the SDK indicated the latter.

http://c3447620.r20.cf0.rackcdn.com/QuickShot_2012.09.07_at_17.14.18.jpg[IMG]

Tim is so gay. :jnc Gay people are awesome.[/QUOTE]
I love these, it's a crime they don't put up the original work somewhere. I'd love some of them as a wallpaper (minus the ).

Is it 1136 or 1138? I thought the SDK indicated the latter.

I love these, it's a crime they don't put up the original work somewhere. I'd love some of them as a wallpaper (minus the ).

Hmm either way theres nothing content aware cant fix for 2 pixels.

If you guys like these rainbows then you might like the wallpaper I made for the new iPhone. I just elongated the one I made for my 4/4s. I'm making a new wallpaper somewhat similar to this for the new phone too. Colors look great on dat retina screen.

noah111

Still Alive
Hmm either way theres nothing content aware cant fix for 2 pixels.

If you guys like these rainbows then you might like the wallpaper I made for the new iPhone. I just elongated the one I made for my 4/4s. I'm making a new wallpaper somewhat similar to this for the new phone too. Colors look great on dat retina screen.
Nice! You made this one too, I assume? I got that one on GAF way back (forget exactly what thread) but I used it for the longest time.

Nice! You made this one too, I assume? I got that one on GAF way back (forget exactly what thread) but I used it for the longest time.

Yes. I made that for the iPhone 4 at launch. I got too used to how easy it was to find my apps so I finally updated it to those new colors and bars last year when the 4s came out. So it was something new and shiny looking, but still gave me the same easy viewing and colors.

I'm basically doing the same thing again lol, but I quickly updated my current one to the new res so I have one ready in case the new one I make from scratch isn't done in time. I'm very particular about my wallpaper lol. Also it just gives me something to do haha.

Love these banner pics. First real, tangible, physical evidence that shit is about to do down. Always sends a chill down my spine when those banner pics come out. Can't wait, this shitty phone I'm using is driving me insane and been holding off for 2 months.

That was what I thought the moment it was shown. "Wow, it really turned out to be just a big iPhone :("

I thought these knee jerk responses were utterly idiotic when I first started reading them after the iPad reveal. I mean, wow.

The 27" iMac is just a big 11" Macbook Air, by that definition. Except, in this case an iMac has more in common than a macbook air, because they run EXACTLY the same UI, as opposed to an iPad and an iPhone, which runs a modified UI based on the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom