• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2014 Fake Stuff Thread

xam3l

Optimus Prime in Titanfall

10003042_10152082822196633_957676722_n.jpg

Featuring "prime time", a new song by Linkin Park

Megatron would like to remind you that Megatron is the one true leader of all Cybertron

I'm here at work dying!

Frolow

Banned
I'm unfamiliar with Reddit, do they have a problem with GAF in particular?

Not reddit as a whole, just mainly the Xbox One subreddit. It doesn't a genius to see that a majority of GAF users favor Sony. Coupled with the rise of fake "insiders" and that doesn't paint a pretty picture of GAF.

FluxWaveZ

Not reddit as a whole, just mainly the Xbox One subreddit. It doesn't a genius to see that a majority of GAF users favor Sony. Coupled with the rise of fake "insiders" and that doesn't paint a pretty picture of GAF.

The majority of the world favors Sony right now compared to the other platforms.

Yuuichi

New game at jlist: XD XD

IUGLxFX.jpg

Easily the best one yet, the amount of references here are just off the chart.

The swedish retailer Webhallen (who are huge among gamers) just added the following Xbox One bundle to their system:
halflife3_630.jpg

They also added entries for a HL3 "Chapter 1 DLC" and a "Half Life 3 Season Pass 1" for the swedish equivalent of 100$. I thought it was pretty funny.

Fuck that D:

zoozilla

Wow...this is fucked up.

http://kotaku.com/frostbites-april-...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

@FrostbiteEngine
Frostbite now runs on the #WiiU since it is the most powerful Gen4 platform, our renderer is now optimized for Mario and Zelda.
1:48 AM - 1 Apr 2014

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow
Good news, we have finally fixed and optimized our 'netcode'. Uses quantum entanglement for Zero Latency connections. Exclusively on #WiiU.

Is this an official twitter account? If so, yeah that's kind of pushing it.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Wow...this is fucked up.

http://kotaku.com/frostbites-april-...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

@FrostbiteEngine
Frostbite now runs on the #WiiU since it is the most powerful Gen4 platform, our renderer is now optimized for Mario and Zelda.
1:48 AM - 1 Apr 2014

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow
Good news, we have finally fixed and optimized our 'netcode'. Uses quantum entanglement for Zero Latency connections. Exclusively on #WiiU.

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow
Frostbite will power #HalfLife3, coming out summer 2014! #WiiU exclusive.

They've all been deleted.
Fucking lol.

FluxWaveZ

So? The majority of the world favors Beats Headphones, but that doesn't make them the best headphones on the market. Not trying to say the PS4 is bad or anything, but sales doesn't make anyone's opinion less valid.

That's not what I'm saying. I thought you implied that NeoGAF's supposed platform preference painted a bad picture on the forum when you said "that doesn't paint a pretty picture of GAF", even though that's the preference the majority has anyways.

Frolow

Banned
That's not what I'm saying. I thought you implied that NeoGAF's supposed platform preference painted a bad picture on the forum when you said "that doesn't paint a pretty picture of GAF", even though that's the preference the majority has anyways.

Nah, nothing's wrong with thinking one console's better than the other. My point before was that seething fanboys, who disdained the Xbox One in often irrational matters, represented the community.

They've all been deleted.
Fucking lol.

Looks like someone's gonna get chewed out lol.

I love this day every year. Some people get bent out of shape by it but I just don't get it. We get some jokes (some good, some bad) and even some new games, modes or other things of the like. I thought the Frostbite jokes were funny.

sertopico

Looks like there's another april's fool around, Thief 4 involved: if you try to get out of the Clocktower into the Stonemarket Garrett finds himself inside the tower again, in an endless loop. The only workaround consists in changing the system date. Not funny at all.

Beckx

Micomsoft (makers of the godly XRGB line of upscalers) has announced a new 3DS peripheral for the impending 3D Outrun. Say hello to the XE-1Run:

BkHhDxuCcAA7VGB.jpg

Smash Bros. Newcomer: Mallow, from Super Mario RPG!
BkHg7q_CAAA1iv4.png:large

Made by yours truly. :)

Wow, great work! But now I'm depressed. I like the Paper Mario series, but if we were forced to make a decision between that and a true sequel to SMRPG: LOTSS, I would hope people would choose the latter. Can't Nintendo just do this on their own? I used to love Nintendo much more than I ever hated it, but more recently its reaching a state of equilibrium.

http://zeboyd.com/2014/04/01/zeboyd-games-is-proud-to-announce-untamed-armaments/

Zeboyd Games is proud to announce that our next, next game will be Untamed Armaments!

Here’s a short plot teaser:
Rusella Von Formaldehyde is a young dream hunter, a mercenary who searches old ruins for the treasures within. Upon finding one of the legendary Untamed Armaments, she becomes embroiled in an epic struggle that will determine the very fate of the planet!

Here’s concept art of the main character & logo!

Untamed1small.png

Here are a few details about the game:
Future/Western Sci-Fi/Fantasy setting
2D pixel art visuals
Created with Unity so that we can cover more platforms
Job-based class system for character improvement
Untamed Armaments weapon customization system allows for weapon mods upon weapon mods (think Resonance of Fate)
Turn-based RPG gameplay
Strategy/RPG combat with an efficient control scheme for minimal downtime
Missions with win conditions beyond “Defeat all enemies”
Music from Hyperduck

And here’s one of the songs from the game!

Specific platforms, release date, and pricing to be announced at a later date.

Wow, great work! But now I'm depressed. I like the Paper Mario series, but if we were forced to make a decision between that and a true sequel to SMRPG: LOTSS, I would hope people would choose the latter. Can't Nintendo just do this on their own? I used to love Nintendo much more than I ever hated it, but more recently its reaching a state of equilibrium.

Reminiscing the greatness of mid-90's Squaresoft only leads to depression, my friend. At least its on the eShop, I guess.

Vibranium

Banned
Wow, April Fools is great this year haha.

But those Wii U tweets...that's a low blow man. I like how r/Playstation celebrated Nintendo rather than bashing them.

Top Bottom