• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

G-Fex

Brock is acting like a heel because that's genuinely who he is, which is why it works so damn well. Most* want to see him beat Cena real bad, but after that happens it would be a mistake for him to be a face.

Also, gonna go ahead and predict a tag title match gets added to the show.

WHAT IF...

Cena is the heel cause he annoys us. And Lesnar is our Face by stomping Cena's face in?

Imagine you are a new guy and you get placed on NXT. Man that's gotta feel like shit being on that show knowing you'll never end up anywhere or amount to anything, but a jobber.

Predictions;

Cena vs Lesnar - trying (and failing) to make Lesnar a heel in front of a smark crowd, while Cena shows zero appreciable character growth. Lesnar wins, Cena looks sad.

Sheamus vs Bryan - no one cares about face Sheamus, either they give us a good, competitive wrestling match, or this will be a trainwreck. Sheamus and Bryan have one fall a piece, until AJ interferes and helps Bryan win the 2nd fall.

Punk vs Jericho - from the end of the world as you know it, to who is the best in the world, to all this CM Drunk nonsense, given the participants, this is one of the most muddled and confused builds to any feud I've seen in a good while. It's like long term booking by someone with ADHD. Jericho wins, please.

Orton vs Kane - good god, I DO NOT CARE. Awful build towards this point, including two lacklustre matches and a bunch of ridiculous segments. Randy wins after Bearer hits Kane in the head with the Urn, at the command of the Undertaker, who was the only person who remembered Bearer was in the freezer, setting up Kane vs Taker for no other reason than I don't think I can take any more Kane vs Orton shit.

Big Show vs Cody - don't know, don't care. Cody wins, by virtue of not being Big Show.

Bella vs Phoenix - meh

Santino vs Miz - meh

Maybe they'll let Bryan vs Sheamus 2 out of 3 falls go 30-45 minutes? That's the only other explanation why only 6 matches have been announced.

That would be glorious, but I doubt it would happen - I like how in WWE they announce a 2/3 falls match for the title and everyone fears Sheamus will get both falls back to back in a matter of minutes, whereas in ROH they announce a 2/3 falls match for the title and everyone fears an hour long main event where Davey Richards just won't. stop. doing. moves.

Cagey said:
Crowd is going to be 85% of the reason why the PPV tonight will be entertaining.

Oh yeah, I forgot it was in Chicago - at least there should be some funny crowd chants, if nothing else.

Perspicacity said:
Brock is acting like a heel because that's genuinely who he is, which is why it works so damn well. Most* want to see him beat Cena real bad, but after that happens it would be a mistake for him to be a face.

Sure, Brock as a face wouldn't work all that well, but I don't think they need to keep emphasising what a bad guy his is so much - out of everyone on the WWE roster, Brock needs the least amount of characterisation; he's just a guy who likes to kick peoples ass and get paid. He should be the definition of an inbetweener.

UberTag

Imagine you are a new guy and you get placed on NXT. Man that's gotta feel like shit being on that show knowing you'll never end up anywhere or amount to anything, but a jobber.
If Daniel Bryan can debut on NXT and become a winner, so can they!
Someday they'll get to job in an 18-second squash match at WrestleMania. And it will be glorious!

Oh yeah, I forgot it was in Chicago - at least there should be some funny crowd chants, if nothing else.
The crowd is the ONLY reason to watch tonight. The ONLY one.
And it's still not reason enough to justify paying the asking price for this show. The last time a WWE pay-per-view legit deserved to be purchased was the last time a PPV ran in Chicago.

"- As noted before, Rey Mysterio was suspended for 60 days last week for violating the WWE Wellness Policy for a second time. Rey reportedly failed the drug test back on February 13th but wasn't suspended until this month.

Rey reportedly tested positive for amphetamines.

Rey showed up to the RAW Supershow on February 13th in San Diego but before he could settled in and say hello to everyone, he was informed that he had to go right in for drug testing. A week later, Vince McMahon was upset with Rey but at the time, nobody knew why.

Rey couldn't believe that he tested positive for amphetamines and says he has been living his life clean. WWE officials asked Mysterio about which medications he was taking and he was upfront about everything. A few days ago, officials called him and asked when he would be ready to return. Rey informed WWE that he could come back in June but was then told that he would have to wait another month because he was being suspended for 60 days.

Rey believes he failed the test because of something he took that caused the positive for amphetamines. WWE obviously did not buy his story as they went public with the failure last week."

Looks like someone was taking some meth or ice.

If Daniel Bryan can debut on NXT and become a winner, so can they!
Someday they'll get to job in an 18-second squash match at WrestleMania. And it will be glorious!

That was when NXT actually mattered though. It hasn't mattered since season 2. I bet they put Seth Rollins and Kassius Ohno on there.

My Predictions:

John Cena vs Brock Lesnar
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton vs Kane
Big Show vs Cody Rhodes
Nikki Bella vs Beth Phoenix
Santino Marella vs The Miz

I don't get it. Is there still a contest? Do they still have a points system? If not, how the fuck did they just transition out into a regular show?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I don't get it. Is there still a contest? Do they still have a points system? If not, how the fuck did they just transition out into a regular show?

No... I don't think it's a contest any more. It's just a show... kind of like ECW. I watched a bit of it one week and Matt Striker had been kidnapped or something.

I don't think there's any semblance of a contest any more. It's just a random-ass show for wrestlers they have nothing for. Vince probably doesn't even know it exists, and, if I remember rightly, the only reason NXT is even still running is because various international TV stations purchased the rights to air it, so WWE have to keep making it.

Yeah, Vince clearly doesn't give a shit what they say or put on that show. You can tell the ideas of the writers go through unfiltered and the announcers talk about stuff you'll never hear them talk about on a main show. I think Vince is just keeping it alive at this point, because they plan to put it on the network once it starts up.

The CHIKARA show yesterday was amazing. Maybe the best indy show I've ever been to. However the day went negative when I tried for over an hour to park for the ROH show. I'm really peeved that I drove from Cleveland to Chicago and couldn't go to the show because the neighborhood the venue is in doesn't have enough parking available. Hopefully Brock will turn my frown upside down tonight.

That sucks, Bill. Sorry I couldn't end up making it.

Also, gonna go ahead and predict a tag title match gets added to the show.

Cesaro should squash them.

Then Tensai-san should squash Cesaro.

Then Brodus Clay should squash Tensai ICHIBAN.

Then Ryback should squash Clay.

Then Bork Laser should squash Cena.

Then Ryback vs. Bork (Special Ref = Stone Austin)

Then they both leave.

WHATAMANEUVER

Cesaro should squash them.

Then Tensai-san should squash Cesaro.

Then Brodus Clay should squash Tensai ICHIBAN.

Then Ryback should squash Clay.

Then Bork Laser should squash Cena.

Then Ryback vs. Bork (Special Ref = Stone Austin)

Then they both leave.

WHATAMANEUVER

The big fish eat the little ones

The big fish eat the little ones

Not my problem, give me some

G-Fex

you guys are going to look awfully stupid when Ryback is the next big name/face of the company.

A second era will begin and it'll be bigger than the attitude era, and Ryback will be the forerunner.

His face will be on everything.

G-Fex

You guys are kidding with this Ryback stuff, right? Talk about generic.

image.php

No... I don't think it's a contest any more. It's just a show... kind of like ECW. I watched a bit of it one week and Matt Striker had been kidnapped or something.

I don't think there's any semblance of a contest any more. It's just a random-ass show for wrestlers they have nothing for. Vince probably doesn't even know it exists, and, if I remember rightly, the only reason NXT is even still running is because various international TV stations purchased the rights to air it, so WWE have to keep making it.

Thanks guys. I hadn't watched since the (I think) fourth "season" (the one with Brodus, Bateman, and the rat boy).

Yeah, Vince clearly doesn't give a shit what they say or put on that show. You can tell the ideas of the writers go through unfiltered and the announcers talk about stuff you'll never hear them talk about on a main show. I think Vince is just keeping it alive at this point, because they plan to put it on the network once it starts up.

What kind of stuff gets talked about? Do they break kayfabe or shit like that?

Thanks guys. I hadn't watched since the (I think) fourth "season" (the one with Brodus, Bateman, and the rat boy).

What kind of stuff gets talked about? Do they break kayfabe or shit like that?

Well storyline wise you get kidnapping angles, Maxine giving Regal a foot and head massage while he is giving commentary, and the Usos cock blocking Tamina from getting some from Darren Young, and people trying to get off NXT because it sucks. I've only watched it like twice so this was really all in one episode. Then the announcers do alot of inside jokes and talk about pop culture references to tv shows that Vince has no clue about. Plus apparently the continuity is amazing and they remember stuff that happened months ago storyline wise.

Aiii

So not worth it
John Cena vs Brock Lesnar - on his first match back he just isn't losing. A clean win in 15 minutes. Clearly.
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho - still strange Jericho didn't go over last match for Punk to win his title back. Would've helped the match.
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan - If I imagine it will happen long and hard enough I'm sure it'll come true! YES! YES! YES! Looking forward to the crowd on this one though.
Randy Orton vs Kane - don't care. Really really don't.
Big Show vs Cody Rhodes - Rhodes will win MITB and then the WHC around Summerslam. He should hold the IC title until then.
Nikki Bella vs Beth Phoenix - Beth will not get cleared to fight and Nikki will issue an open challenge. Kharma is walking out of Chicago the champion. Best of luck to the Bella's in their Future Endeavors.
Santino Marella vs The Miz - because why the hell not and it pimps future YT pre-shows

Wonder what the stip is going to be in the Big Show/Cody match. They are doing spin the wheel on the preshow. I'm guessing lumberjack or blindfold match.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
John Cena vs Brock Lesnar - on his first match back he just isn't losing. A clean win in 15 minutes. Clearly.
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho - still strange Jericho didn't go over last match for Punk to win his title back. Would've helped the match.
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan - If I imagine it will happen long and hard enough I'm sure it'll come true! YES! YES! YES! Looking forward to the crowd on this one though.
Randy Orton vs Kane - don't care. Really really don't.
Big Show vs Cody Rhodes - Rhodes will win MITB and then the WHC around Summerslam. He should hold the IC title until then.
Nikki Bella vs Beth Phoenix - Beth will not get cleared to fight and Nikki will issue an open challenge. Kharma is walking out of Chicago the champion. Best of luck to the Bella's in their Future Endeavors.
Santino Marella vs The Miz - because why the hell not and it pimps future YT pre-shows

Didn't Kharma debut at Extreme Rules last year?

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
Sabu checked himself out of the hospital this morning and is telling those who are contacting him that he is "fine."

What can one say?

It looks like Sabu saw the train wreck that was coming, said fuck it and decided to get wasted instead......and from the looks of that picture, Justin Credible had the same idea.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The best thing they could do for Sheamus is to make the WHC match a long fuckin' war that comes down to the last pinfall, basically make both wrestlers look good and have Sheamus go over clean at the end in a way that looks like he's actually good.

This will not happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are the odds of a Ryback squash match on ER tonight, unannounced? I say 75% sure.

Top Bottom