• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

UberTag

Jericho's winning.
I would approve of this angle if Y2J took his WWE title with him as Fozzy heads off on their coast-to-coast concert tour and CM Punk shows up at random times to lay Jericho out during his final set before crowd surfing away from the scene of the crime with the belt.

dream

I would approve of this angle if Y2J took his WWE title with him as Fozzy heads off on their coast-to-coast concert tour and CM Punk shows up at random times to lay Jericho out during his final set before crowd surfing away from the scene of the crime with the belt.

...then Jericho returns just in time for the May PPV.

Wrestling is... obvious outcomes at tomorrow's PPV (Shame-Us, CM Drunk, Randall Keith Boreton, Brock)
At least the ride will be fun and they'll be forced to come up with something new on Monday.
Right? RIGHT?
Batista will come out during Cena's congratulatory speech to Brock Lesnar and he'll Batista Bomb Cena to the mat. Then he'll pick up a basketball and throw it at Cena's corpse that would begin the fued and the eventual blow off match at Over the Limit.

Then on Raw following OTL, Goldberg will come out and spear Cena during his congratulatory speech to Batista. This would begin the fued and eventual blow off match at Money in the Bank.

Then on the Raw following MITB, Shawn Stasiak will come out and give Cena the Perfect Plant during Cena's congratulatory speech to Goldberg. Thus the cycle would begin anew.

tm24

So im looking through my external hdd looking for a match when i find a folder titled BJ Whitmer dies. There's no videos in it, so im really wondering what was in here

Batista will come out during Cena's congratulatory speech to Brock Lesnar and he'll Batista Bomb Cena to the mat. Then he'll pick up a basketball and throw it at Cena's corpse that would begin the fued and the eventual blow off match at Over the Limit.

Then on Raw following OTL, Goldberg will come out and spear Brock to reunite the feud.

Fixed....hehe

http://youtu.be/-gzoThXRka8

Also tonight so cal peeps NWA Hollywood..
Maybe more Adam Pierce/Colt Cabana promo's and feud

Jamie OD

A wikipedia binge led me to Juggalo Championshit Wrestling.

What the fuck?

One of my favourite stories about Terry Funk involves JCW and the Insane Clown Posse. He writes about meeting them in his autobiography.

Lawler approached me about doing the show earlier in 2004, when we both worked a show for the Insane Clown Posse. The Insane Clown Posse is a pair of rappers, Violent Jay and Shaggy 2 Dope, who paint their faces up like clowns. They're also completely insane and a couple of wrestling fans. They put out a videotape where they were commenting on old matches. One of the matches had me versus Abdullah the Butcher, and they kept knocking us and laughing at us. "Look at those two big goofs, acting like they're wrestling. Ha Ha Ha!" After I heard about that every time someone told me they were going to see the Insane Clown Posse, I said, "Tell them if I see them, I'm going to go ahead and kick their asses! Goofy bastards, knocking me on a tape and using it without my consent!" Of Course, I wouldn't have known the Insane Clown Posse from Adam and Eve, if I'd seen them on the street. I sure wasn't listening to their damn music!

Finally, I got a call at the ranch from Sabu: "Terry, I've got the Insane Clown Posse here. They want to come and see you, but they don't know if you're mad at them or not". "Well," I said, "bring the sons of bitches out here." They had just finished a show in Corpus Christi, and their next one was in Houston, so they took their bus all the way from Corpus Christi to Amarillo, and then back down to Houston after they met me! I told you they were nuts! And so the Insane Clown Posse came into the house, and Vicki had some chili cooked up. They Sat down and ate a bowl of chili apiece and talked to me. They said they were sorry if I was upset over what they said on the tape, and we buried the hatchet. Then, Violent Jay said, "Terry, we want to leave you some money for using the tape of you." I said, "No, no, don't do that!" "Yes, Terry, we're going to leave it under this jar, on this counter here!"

I kept telling them not to, but I walked into the next room before them. They followed me in, and told me they had to go. We said our goodbyes, and the Insane Clown Posse drove off in their bus. And I walked back into the other room, to get the money I knew they'd left. I have to tell you, I was excited. I was thinking, "Oh boy, I bet they left me twenty bucks, or maybe even forty," which would have just tickled me pink. I thought I'd have enough to pay for the chili, at least, and so I was really happy at the notion of having twenty bucks. I went in there, lifted up the jar....and there was four thousand dollars there!

And so let me tell you people something right now - I love the Insane Clown Posse! The next retirement match I have, they're going to be in the semifinal! They're the greatest band in the world, and I have all of their records. Haven't got around to listening to them yet, but I have them here somewhere. Later, I got a call that they wanted me to work at a show they were putting on, and I went. And I was amazed. Vince McMahon could learn a thing or two from the Insane Clown Posse, and I'm not lying. Those boys run a better show, and a smarter one, than even WWE does. It was a four-day event, held outdoors, about 40 miles from the middle of nowhere. They drew a total of about 11,000 people, and they were charging 180 bucks a pop, just to get in. And it's two guys! That's all it is! The Insane Clown Posse is a two-man outfit! I think of a posse as 20 idiots running around with rifles. But this was just two guy. It reminded me, in a way, of the show my father did, where his match with "Iron" Mike DiBiase was the only one on the card. They paid the people who worked for them a set amount, and then they split the lion's share of the proceeds, because they're the stars! Those two goofy bastards are two of the smartest people I've ever met!

And it was the greatest place in the world to sell T-shirts. I had my Terry Funk T-shirts and was selling them when I wasn't wrestling. Well, those people were so smoked up on that marijuana, they didn't need much convincing. Someone would walk by and see me and say, "Hey, Terry, how are you doin?" I'd say, "Come on over here and buy a shirt."

"Nah, Terry, I don't wanna buy a shirt."

"Oh, come on and buy a shirt!"

"No, I don't know, man."

"Oh, come on and buy a damn shirt!"

"Well, OK."

I didn't even wear my own shirt to the ring. I left my vest, my chaps and all that crap. I wore my Juggalo T-shirt, with the Insane Clown Posse on the front. I like to think of myself as the honorary third member of the Insane Clown Posse now!

JCW is actually pretty awesome - I used to love the weekly TV show they put up on their website, they had some great storylines for a 'joke' promotion, made use of the talent really well (Trent Acid, for instance, was actually GOOD in JCW as the evil priest Holy Trent Asshole) and both Shaggy & Jay were hilarious on commentary. Also, I hear that they're generally great promoters to work for, which is why they manage to get a lot of the great indy talent on their shows.

Found what was on it. Whitmer getting Pyscho Driver'd through a table by Super Dragon at the 100th show and then like 15 different Jimmy jacobs/Whitmer clips. I'm glad Hillbilly Jesus is back

Hah, I thought it'd either be that clip, or the one where CM Punk legit KO's Whitmer with a German suplex off the ring apron to the floor.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I... can't get excited for this.
See you tonight, GAF!

20120424_LIGHT_extremerules_theme_song_R.jpg

JOHN CENA VS. BROCK LESNAR (EXTREME RULES MATCH)

0-20120409_light_XR_brock_cena_C.jpg

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION SHEAMUS VS. DANIEL BRYAN (2-OUT-OF-3 FALLS MATCH)

20120410_light_XR_sheamus_bryan_C.jpg

WWE CHAMPION CM PUNK VS. CHRIS JERICHO (CHICAGO STREET FIGHT)

20120416_XR_PunkJericho.jpg

RANDY ORTON VS. KANE (FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH)

20120419_ER_kane_orton_C.jpg

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION BIG SHOW VS. CODY RHODES (MATCH TYPE TBA)

sdfg.jpg

DIVAS CHAMPION NIKKI BELLA VS. BETH PHOENIX

20120424_article-FULL_nikki_beth_C.jpg

UNITED STATES CHAMPION SANTINO MARELLA VS. THE MIZ - LIVE FREE PRE-SHOW ON YOUTUBE.COM/WWE

20120423_light_XR_santino_miz_C.jpg

Is anyone else sick of them trying to make Brock a heel? I get it. He's an asshole, he doesn't care about wrestling, care about anyone but himself, and is only in it for the money - but regardless of those fact, and regardless of him hospitalizing an innocent Josh Mathews, there is NOTHING WWE can do to ever make me want to see Cena win in this situation, so stop fucking trying!

My enthusiasm for WWE's product is pretty low at this point but I can at least see some entertaining matches coming out of extreme rules regardless of the crappy build ups, actually I think I said the same for WM but this basically is WM with gimmicks and no concert shit so by default it must be better.

Cena vs Lesnar
I've never liked Lesnar, his promo skills still suck, but since he's actually attacking Cena and not making penis jokes for the build up it's not so bad.
Cena has fallen to the brink of despair because he lost two matches which is practically unheard of, he shows his despair by doing what he usually does but occasionally pulls a sad face? hell i'm not sure if he's even gone that far, he's still Cena being Cena but Edge and others have tried to convince us he's regressed into being a shell of himself or something and that he needs to fight out of it. Except I can't see Lesnar losing so Cena will continue his downward spiral. I'd honestly laugh if Cena won though, I can go either way for this match.

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

What a horrible mishandling this feud has had, i've had people who only watch wrestling infrequently tell me how silly this feud is, both instances involved the segment of Punk daring to enter a British pub which makes him a filthy drunk and possibly a soccer hooligan since we are making such leaps of logic in this feud. Jericho's Dick Dastardly level schemes have been a source of unintentional hilarity for me though so i'm enjoying the feud more than before WM.
Anyway Chicago street fight, PG environment will make this pretty tame I imagine, Punk retains, Jericho drops down the card to help boost the midcard, or gets mugged by Trips for trying to steal the cerebral assassin moniker as per that website article, Save us COO.

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan
After WM i'm remaining so cautious here, i'm not allowing myself to look forward to what could be a good match because it could just be a repeat of WM just twice in succession.
Actually i'm going to wager on the following, first fall goes to sheamus after a 20 minute long even match up, he then gets the second fall immediately afterwards with a kick out of nowhere.

Orton vs Kane
Screw the haters, the previous two matches in this feud have been solid, if the no DQ match on SD a few weeks back is anything to go by this should be fun enough. Expect the iron pipe to play a role and for peoples heads to be thrust into various walls and objects outside the ring and through the arena. FCA allows for a gimmicky finish like Orton freezing Kane in a giant freezer so he cannot move his shoulders for the kick out, Genius!
Probably the finish to the feud with Orton on top, if it carries on further we'll end up with Orton and his dad against Kane and Bearer and not even I could defend that.

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes
I claimed that this was one of WM's most well built feuds, how swiftly that has been undone and it's become a whole load of nothing, hell they haven't even got a gimmick for this match yet! It'll probably be a strap match that has Cody trying in vain to pull Show around the ring to no avail so the fans can laugh dammit or worst case scenario it's a dancing contest because WWE love a good dance off.

Divas stuff
Oh it's a Bella twin, I do not even begin to care.

Pre-show: The fall of Miz
So yeah that Miz guy, what a trip he's had. At least this sort of makes sense as a reward for helping his team win at WM.

Other Stuff because WWE will need to fill time
Del Rio, Funkasuarus, Ziggler, Swagger, Kofi, Tag titles, Tensei and many more filler options are ready to roll when Vince notices he has another hour to fill, possibly in promo or goofy segment form!
But what we all really want to see is RYBACK SQUASH ON PPV!

Ultratech

Predictions...(per lack of enthusiasm)

Cena vs Lesnar
Almost to a point where I don't give a shit. I'll say Lesnar wins for now.

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Yeah...I hate how this feud kinda ended up. Could've been really good, but we get saddled with the Alcoholism BS. That said, they should put on a pretty good match hopefully. Punk wins.

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan
Assuming some bullshit doesn't go down like at WM, Bryan will win. Or we riot.
Surprise Twist: AJ causes Bryan to lose (or win).

Orton vs Kane
Still a silly storyline, though it should be an entertaining match. (Or so I hope). I'll say Orton picks up the win.

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes
-_-
Man, Big Show really kills feuds IMO when he faces somebody considerably smaller than him. I want Cody to win, but it probably won't happen.

Divas stuff
The return of Kharma! Or barring that, we at least get to see the Bellas in revealing outfits (hohohohoho).

Pre-show: The fall of Miz
Jesus, what's with this trend of de-pushing lately? Ziggler's stuck in tag-team purgatory, Ryder's...uh somewhere, and Miz is demoted to Superstars and Youtube. Sigh...
I guess Santino wins because I doubt we get a title change on Youtube.

Other Stuff because WWE will need to fill time
I got nothing.

Is anyone else sick of them trying to make Brock a heel? I get it. He's an asshole, he doesn't care about wrestling, care about anyone but himself, and is only in it for the money - but regardless of those fact, and regardless of him hospitalizing an innocent Josh Mathews, there is NOTHING WWE can do to ever make me want to see Cena win in this situation, so stop fucking trying!

It's so dumb. SO, so dumb. Even worse that he's apparently JUST NOW discussing contractual details with Johnny Ace AFTER HE'S MADE NUMEROUS APPEARANCES ON THE SHOW. Then they leave him out there talking to a cardboard cutout for WAY too long trying to make him look like a greedy douche, and for what? Jimmies already hate him, and the Cena haters won't turn on him, OR stop hating Cena. It's ridiculous how bad they make everyone facing Cena look. I'm totally convinced they do it on purpose now.

The CHIKARA show yesterday was amazing. Maybe the best indy show I've ever been to. However the day went negative when I tried for over an hour to park for the ROH show. I'm really peeved that I drove from Cleveland to Chicago and couldn't go to the show because the neighborhood the venue is in doesn't have enough parking available. Hopefully Brock will turn my frown upside down tonight.

I'm ready. I got my portaloo, P45, Danger Mouse PAL dvds, and other assorted British shit. All ME favoUrite posters are here, WHILST the ARSEholes are busy with basketball.

Enjoy the show everyone but especially the English, Scotch, Welsh, and Northern Irish posters that 'AVE taken over this thread and made it their own.

Ronabo

During all this CM Drunk stuff did Jericho ever bring up that Punk had actually drank beer before?

IIRC he had a sip of beer once on camera after Stone Cold came out at the end of a PPV or something.

Or have you guys discussed this already or am I remembering things wrong?

Kaladin

More Extreme Reunion fun.....

Due to technical difficulty with the original video / audio mixdown of the 4/28 Extreme Reunion event that we've encountered, we regrettably must push back the premiere of the 4/28 iPPV VOD. We want to offer the highest quality product to you the customer, therefore please allow us a day or two to get technical, and fix the remaining issues to upload the best possible iPPV VOD Video Download as possible. ***If you would like a refund please email us at refund@extremereunion.net and we will be more than happy to accommodate your request --no questions asked!

I almost expected this. I asked for a refund on my iPPV, I don't care to see this show anymore.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
During all this CM Drunk stuff did Jericho ever bring up that Punk had actually drank beer before?

IIRC he had a sip of beer once on camera after Stone Cold came out at the end of a PPV or something.

It was Pepsi/Coke, if I recall correctly.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
The CHIKARA show yesterday was amazing. Maybe the best indy show I've ever been to. However the day went negative when I was tried for over an hour to park for the ROH show. I'm really peeved that I drove from Cleveland to Chicago and couldn't go to the show because the neighborhood the venue is in doesn't have enough parking available. Hopefully Brock will turn my frown upside down tonight.

Damn, sorry to hear about that. :(

The Raw XV anniversary show? He had a Pepsi in that. Regal had a Coke. Everyone else had beers though.

Cagey

Banned

Just wait until tonight.

Add Chicago to Lawler's bizarro land list. Crowd is gonna shit all over Cena, Sheamus, etc. Crowd is going to be 85% of the reason why the PPV tonight will be entertaining. I wonder how they'll handle it, especially given what they did the last time they were there (Henry goes over Show, Bryan wins briefcase, Punk beats Cena, etc.)

The lineup tonight is good. Atleast for the top 3 matches. The rest of the card sucks. Kane and Orton has sucked every time. Why do I need to see it again? Also they have an incredibly low amount of matches so there are either going to be alot of shitty skits, a funkasaurus dance off or match with jack swagger or dolph ziggler, or a random tag team championship match vs darren young and titus o'neill or the usos. Ziggler not being on the ppv is a crime. Maybe they'll let Bryan vs Sheamus 2 out of 3 falls go 30-45 minutes? That's the only other explanation why only 6 matches have been announced.

Razorskin

----- ------
The lineup tonight is good. Atleast for the top 3 matches. The rest of the card sucks. Kane and Orton has sucked every time. Why do I need to see it again? Also they have an incredibly low amount of matches so there are either going to be alot of shitty skits, a funkasaurus dance off or match with jack swagger or dolph ziggler, or a random tag team championship match vs darren young and titus o'neill or the usos. Ziggler not being on the ppv is a crime. Maybe they'll let Bryan vs Sheamus 2 out of 3 falls go 30-45 minutes? That's the only other explanation why only 6 matches have been announced.

RYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBACK

Brock is acting like a heel because that's genuinely who he is, which is why it works so damn well. Most* want to see him beat Cena real bad, but after that happens it would be a mistake for him to be a face.

Also, gonna go ahead and predict a tag title match gets added to the show.

Top Bottom